How To Improve Performance of Karizma?

Sell the ZMA and pick up a R15. That's the easiest way to get better performance. No point is spending on mods for a ZMA.
Pardon me, I feel it's not true. Indeed R15 is a great bike but ZMR is no more less than that. It's my 4th bike and believe the comfort and pleasure what I got on karizma ZMR is awesome.I do not feel fatigue where Pulsar used to give me fatigue.Pulsar has it's own advantage and you will even enjoy the ride on 150CC.
When I was planning for upgrade in last year Nov, I never ever thought about ZMR and Pulsar 220. I wanted a bike which should be very comfy and mileage should be greater than 35. I had planned for CBR and Enfield Classic. Getting Classic is even tougher than SWIFT ZDI. So I was left out with CBR, but driving posture was not so great, u need to lean so I have cancelled it.
Then I was very confused, I took a test drive of Avenger but it didnot impress me. It was just like riding my existing pulsar only I am sitting comfortably. I almost though , no need to upgarde buy a car directly and in meantime book Classic.
For time pass I went to Hero Honda showroom and I just sat on ZMR, I didn't believe it was so comfortable. I took a test drive, this has impressed like anything.
Booked the bike and in couple of days got it. Since then I am loving this bike.In 3 months I clocked it 6000 Km and getting avg around 35-40.

My suggestion, why to tamper with bike. Just enjoy with what company has provided.If you need a racing bike then buy a 2nd hand Yamaha or Suzuki and play with. This I used to see in my college MIT-Manipal where almost everyone was bike lovers. The Yamaha RX135 and Suzuki Showgun were in demand. At even there were so many owners changed for these bike that no space left in the RC book.

HI guys..
I have KARIZMA PREMIUM SPORTS model dec. 2006.
I am facing a huge problem with my bike that is the mileage.. its around 20-25 [cry] so is there anything to improve this 20-25 to 30+ km/pl ?? if yes so please help me [:)] and want to know the cost of original front mudguard in bhopal.

guys my bike karizma R is giving average of 15/litre. please suggest me what I should do?

Last edited by a moderator:
guys my bike karizma R is giving average of 15/litre. please suggest me what I should do?
15km/L , man at even a two stroke old Bajaj 150 scooter will give avg at least 25KMPL. Please visit the service centre and get it repaired, but I am wondering what you have done with the Bike. I guess, you might have done lots of racing and sudden acceleration.

how can i improve the performance of my zma r within the budget og 2000rs.
With such a low budget you cannot extract the power you have in mind..!!!
If you don't mind spending few bucks pack up and head to RACE CONCEPTS that's the best place for tuning your ride to full potential without affecting the reliability and efficiency

just have its regular check up and after every two months just go for new mobil oil, engine tuning and filter cleaning with cleaning of clutch plates...

You may have to increase budget if your looking for serious mods and I can suggest these..
- K&N air filter
- free flow exhaust
- Iridium spark plugs
man wanted to ask are these available online i mean not about k&n
and ya there are different model available of universal filter
r-1100=3000 r-1060=3000
rc-1100=2000 rc-1060=2000 r-2490=3500
here rc 2490 is of smallest size still bigger on price
, and also there is no size difference between other just 1100 have flange both rc and r
rc is of red and r is of silver colour.... no size difference [confused]
and there are stock replacement available too which too gurantee like universal to increase the hourse power
which one of them will stand out (performance )?
[confused]
so cant decide which one to choose
and i now nothing about jetting

i had an accident on 130kmph + belive me or nor i didnt got a scratch but some muscle ache for a week yaah thanhs to ninga 3g helmet with broke into half
but my bike you can say he is in coma i mean engine works like charm but its hard to xplain what happened to him
so i am spending 30000+ to get it repaired as my insurence xpired :( [cry]
and mine stock top speed was 136 but road ended
i might have touched 140+

With K&N or anything other part, remember.If it is rare, the cost will be more.

Please follow speed limits.They are in place for a reason.Just because you got lucky once doesn't mean you will get lucky a second time.If you have a pillion be extra careful.

If you want good mileage, trat your bike to an oil change every 5000kms( I use this interval in my car which has a company specified interval of 10000-15000kms) irrespective of what the manual says.

You can use servo or Hp or any other brand of oil.As long as you use new oil every 5000kms doesn't make a difference.

Fill fuel from one pump and one fuel station.If on a tight budget at the time its ok, but try to stick to one brand of fuel.If possible at any company owned-company run (COCO)pump of any brand.Try avoid pumps that are run by dealers.

Spark plugs, if availble use NGK platinum plugs.Iridium is too expensive and has very little to no difference compared to Platinum.

If your bike has a carburettor, get it cleaned.You can do this yourself by using a good quality carb cleaner spary or alternative try a fuel system cleaner.

Use a normal air filter.K&N filter are good for drag races and people who race, for daily drivers/riders its not a good idea since it allows a lot of particles into the carb(causing it to choke) and into the engine causing friction.

If you do not believe me check this link, they tested various brands of filters
Air Filtration Test

All of the above should be available at less than Rs2000.

Please follow speed limits.They are there for your safety and for the safety of other motorists.

With K&N or anything other part, remember.If it is rare, the cost will be more.

Please follow speed limits.They are in place for a reason.Just because you got lucky once doesn't mean you will get lucky a second time.If you have a pillion be extra careful.

If you want good mileage, trat your bike to an oil change every 5000kms( I use this interval in my car which has a company specified interval of 10000-15000kms) irrespective of what the manual says.

You can use servo or Hp or any other brand of oil.As long as you use new oil every 5000kms doesn't make a difference.

Fill fuel from one pump and one fuel station.If on a tight budget at the time its ok, but try to stick to one brand of fuel.If possible at any company owned-company run (COCO)pump of any brand.Try avoid pumps that are run by dealers.

Spark plugs, if availble use NGK platinum plugs.Iridium is too expensive and has very little to no difference compared to Platinum.

If your bike has a carburettor, get it cleaned.You can do this yourself by using a good quality carb cleaner spary or alternative try a fuel system cleaner.

Use a normal air filter.K&N filter are good for drag races and people who race, for daily drivers/riders its not a good idea since it allows a lot of particles into the carb(causing it to choke) and into the engine causing friction.

If you do not believe me check this link, they tested various brands of filters
Air Filtration Test

All of the above should be available at less than Rs2000
Please follow speed limits.They are there for your safety and for the safety of other motorists.
hey man thankx but there something i wanted to ask i clicked at ur link but it to big to read so i think there must be something like aftermarket air filter allows particles ..??
man I ordered a kn filter before reading all this , Sorry Man , as i ordered it using a online website should i cancel it [frustration]
i also heard that after k &n and some jetting which i dont know what it is(just some screw right to tighten or anything not sure)
karizma R will easily par with 220[clap]
is ngn is a company??
coz on vicky.in its available only at 537 (iridium) but NO COD so finding other website
also few year back i on some thread read that spark plug changing is use less other then is broken or some thing
are free flow exaust are legal??
i am thinking about going to joel heard about him in many thread and on zigwheels
see i m a speed maniac. like any other teenage guy (but only to use a proper helmet not only as showcase)
after what i have been through i dont think 120+ will be comfortable 4 me
but alteast 120 it should be quicker thn 220[roll]

Last edited:

Top Bottom