How To Improve Exhaust Note?

Hey Sriharsha just now noticed an Indica fitted with a small extra fitting at the end of the exhaust! Am pretty sure its the company fitted exhaust only and only a small extra piece was added at the tip of the exhaust!! And just this small addition made the Indica a head turner , the sound was heard well over 100 meters!

And one doubt i read somewhere that by doing this the FE should increase marginally not very much but we in order to show-off rev our engine hard in each gear very hardly thus affecting FE slightly!

Last edited:
And one doubt i read somewhere that by doing this the FE should increase marginally not very much but we in order to show-off rev our engine hard in each gear very hardly thus affecting FE slightly!
This is for free flow exhaust /headers like thing.

To show off people are heavy foot on pedal at lower gear , results are low fe

Try contacting some of the accessories shop in your place , they will guide you to the right place!

Or else don you have a place in your city for getting all automobile stuffs?? You can always go there!

Thread Starter #21
i did visit a local acc shop today evening. the guy there told me that the sound if not going to change with the installation of a exhaust tip. the price starts from rs150(brand spa'n'co) i think its not SS but chrome plated. the designs looked good. any suggestions?

First give a try with this , if the sound doesn improve then remove it after it rusts!

But if the sound does improve then remove this and try to get something in SS which lasts long!

To improve exhaust note , make a hole in the intermediate pipe in between the first muffler and end muffler.we can slightly change the sound by changing the size,shape of the hole.
I did it for my 99 carb zen. it sounds nice. in normal driving mode FE will not decrease.

i like my car to be super silent so anything which adds noise is huge put off.

drilling a hole in muffler is extracting out those already deadened sound . which is neither aesthetic nor recommendable.

the best option is to change mufflers or tune it to your taste by adding or cutting the additional length. which is much desirable and funky.

but i do love and want those heavy grunts which can shook up the windows of cars and buildings near by. what i mean is stand near a rolls royce or bently you can feel the thump in your chest.hope you get me

To improve exhaust note , make a hole in the intermediate pipe in between the first muffler and end muffler.we can slightly change the sound by changing the size,shape of the hole.
I did it for my 99 carb zen. it sounds nice. in normal driving mode FE will not decrease.
[surprise]Are you serious. Hole in the muffler does change the sound but graually the hole will enlarge and finally you will have to replace that part. Any day i wont suggest that kind of thing, that suicidal. Its like damaging your car intentionally.

[surprise]Are you serious. Hole in the muffler does change the sound but graually the hole will enlarge and finally you will have to replace that part. Any day i wont suggest that kind of thing, that suicidal. Its like damaging your car intentionally.
:agree: Do not drill that hole under any circumstances, you will definitely repent for it later when the hole starts growing gradually and instead of sounding like a race car, your ride will sound like a bullet..lol. I recommend you to go for the extra add in which other guys did mention here.
@Ilango: See if you can get some pictures of the + section thingy so Sriharsha can be sure of which one to get for his ride[thumbsup]

if u want the nice bass sound from your exhaust.
the cheapest mods is take out half of the glass wool from the muffler by cutting a small section and weld it again.
it works really.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom