How To Improve Battery Life of Android Phones?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Android and battery life never go well with each other. I am experiencing this issue ever since I bought my first Android phone. What tips do the fellow users suggest to make life a little easier with Android? Presently these are a few things that I follow:

> Kill Unnecessary Tasks / Apps

> Keep Lower Screen Brightness

> Disable Unused Networks (WiFi / BT)

Drive Safe,
350Z

LOLZ. Install a proper task manager/killer from Play store and kill the unnecessary apps. Download Android manager and see which apps load on start up. Kill the unnecessary apps from there too.

Kill Unnecessary Tasks / Apps
Just install an App called Advanced Task Killer and it will do that automatically for you.

That’s the problem. When I actually start enjoying the phone, the battery drains out in no time.
What you need is a an external battery which charges your phone battery. I think Sony makes a neat one and it's available on Flipkart.

am using Easy Battery Saver for last 6 months and it works fine.

thats right me too using easy battery saver + 95 % stopped using 3G or 2G or 4G relaying much on Wifi that gives good 1.5 days life with more or less 4 hrs browsing.

other tips
>> Adjust screen brightness
>> Switch to black color background and disable screensaver.
>> disable Sync (automatic frequently gmail checking)
>> Stop playing games

Side effect: if you follow the above way, it will control mobile addiction mania[clap]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i will strongly recommend you not to download apps like advanced task killer , battery saver etc.

the whole point of android is most of the applications never sleep.

advance task killer kills those apps which cannot be closed so they get killed and starts again , kills and starts again leading to more battery consumption.

we have made this thread at sony's site. it will be helpful just some basic precautions.

Main: Problems with low battery time?

and some people believe having a darker wallpaper will consume less battery [;)] there was some details given to me which i forgot.

BTW which android phone do you have ?

Last edited:
Root the phone and install a battery friendly ROM. On my ROM, I get 2 days with 50% brightness, music about 1 hours/day, messaging most of time and WiFi on all the time. Stock ROM ran out of juice in half a day with such usage [lol]

What you need is a an external battery which charges your phone battery.
Here's the link
nCarry.com - Buy Sony CP-ELS USB Portable Charger - Black online at best price in India -See photos, specifications, features & more

i will strongly recommend you not to download apps like advanced task killer , battery saver etc.

the whole point of android is most of the applications never sleep.

advance task killer kills those apps which cannot be closed so they get killed and starts again , kills and starts again leading to more battery consumption.
You can choose which apps to kill and which to leave running with Advanced Task Killer

Root the phone and install a battery friendly ROM. On my ROM, I get 2 days with 50% brightness, music about 1 hours/day, messaging most of time and WiFi on all the time. Stock ROM ran out of juice in half a day with such usage [lol]
What ROM are you using and on which phone. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus S. What is a good ROM for this one.

Thread Starter #14

350Z

Core Team
Thanks. I have installed Easy Battery Saver. I also have dark wallpaper in place if that helps.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom