How to Enter in Formula 1 or Indian Level Champ. races?

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys, this is a wierdo question but still am asking, how to get into F1 or atleast if not possible then even how do we participate in indian level championship rallies like INRC, Go-karts etc? please do respond soon.[:)]

350Z

Core Team
Not a weirdo question at all, In fact even I was trying to figure it out from sometime now and after a lot of research, I learn that to enter in F1 first of all you’ll need to start with lower (state/national) level go-carting from authorized Indian motor sports club, once you start performing good, you’ll be ready for another level and gradually move above stage by stage, but unfortunately professional go-cart racing costs are high and I am not sure if there are any such courses/schools in north Indian region. Secondly, a very few people reach to F1 level but I believe that with the continuous efforts, nothing is impossible so do not loose any hopes. About INRC Rallies etc, This is mostly a game of $$$, first and foremost challenge is finding sponsors but initially you will have to hire rally prepared car (gypsy etc) which costs around Rs.60,000 - 70,000 depending upon mods, per day, Once you prove yourself, Sponsors may themselves reach to you. But again, This isn’t as easy as it sounds and initially requires some funds + strong efforts, Also make sure to get yourself an official license from Motosports Authority of India first which allows to participate in all their official races, even autocross etc. Log on-to :: MAI :: for further details. I feel it is very unfortunate that we’ve so less motor sport culture in country and I don’t see it rising anywhere in near future, all thanks to cricket fans! Anyways, Good that you asked about it, I was planning to start a sticky thread on same.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well actually i was also wondering a few weeks back on how to enter into racing when stuck up in a traffic jam!! I want to experience the thrill and tension of racing at least once.

350Z

Core Team
If you want it just for fun then there are a lot of ways open but turning it into career needs serious efforts plus financial back.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well actually i was also wondering a few weeks back on how to enter into racing when stuck up in a traffic jam!! I want to experience the thrill and tension of racing at least once.

Hey dhaya, go karting! It may not be as fast as F1 but a lot of thrill is assured!!

350Z

Core Team
Hey Archit, If I'm correct you've done go-carting before. I'm sure you won't mind sharing the experience and pictures in a separate thread, I'd love to read about it. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Even i have done go karting but only a few times and needless to say that it was funfilled exp.

Thread Starter #8
Wow! That was really helpful, Thanks a lot for replies but looks that we have to spend a lot of funds before getting anything, also it is not guaranteed if they will go useful or just waste.

Top Bottom