How to Drive a Car in which Bonnet is Not Visible from Inside?

first make some one stand close to bumper and sit inside and remember the distance between you and that person . you won't have any problem driving even if you can't see bonnet . i use same method whenever i sit in new car which i haven't driven before

After driving 800 for over 10 years, now in the driving seat of WagonR i too fell the same trouble, but as many has suggested experience plays a big role. only the initial 50~ km i had the trouble, still i play it safe. stopping at a safe distance, sometimes the taxis in back blare their horn to move but i always keep distance.

there is one more trouble, when entering a deep pothole you can't judge the rubble or anything, adding to that my friend (MASS SA) has adviced me to keep out of potholes with loose stones as the engine bay (not sure) is aluminium not steel like 800, so if by chance a stone hits it it will be damaged.

so i am planning to install a front camera, i already have a reverse camera (my wife insisted on it, in case she drives) the LCD has two inputs, planning to install one in the Front.

kindly put in your suggestions.

@kannan - why do you need a front camera? You are anyway looking in front when you drive. A camera would be advantageous in situations where visibility is limited like the rear. All I am saying is with experience and practice you dont need the bonnet as mark to feel length/breadth of car.

IMO, front camera is not required.

@kannan - why do you need a front camera? You are anyway looking in front when you drive. A camera would be advantageous in situations where visibility is limited like the rear. All I am saying is with experience and practice you dont need the bonnet as mark to feel length/breadth of car.

IMO, front camera is not required.
Yes i am looking in front, but in Kerala the roads are inbad shape and sometimes i encounter large deep potholes with jagged edges, in them when climbing over there are chances of loose stones flying if you are not careful, anyway i was only planning does not know if it will work, or any use....

The best way to judge the gap is to see the corner of left bottom windshield, that gives a fair idea of the gap one has to maintain.
While cutting a sharp turn.

As most of them said experience is the key. When i started driving my Verna , i was driving Sierra and Safari before. So initially i felt judging the front end and left side end very difficult. During the initial days my friends in the passenger seat used to say " There is lots of space in the left side , move to the left of the road. But now got used to it , has driven lots of cars now and none of the cars made me worry. As i said before experience is the key.

350Z

Core Team
After driving 800 for over 10 years, now in the driving seat of WagonR i too fell the same trouble, but as many has suggested experience plays a big role. only the initial 50~ km i had the trouble, still i play it safe. stopping at a safe distance, sometimes the taxis in back blare their horn to move but i always keep distance.
I don’t think hood visibility is an issue in Wagon-R. Its hood is short and visible. I have driven it a few times.

so i am planning to install a front camera[/B], i already have a reverse camera (my wife insisted on it, in case she drives) the LCD has two inputs, planning to install one in the Front.
It’s not worth spending on front camera. You can always go for sensors if it is still an issue.

Drive Safe,
350Z

i asked the same query from an expert driver and he informed that you should be able to look at the bumpers of the car ahead
thats the least possible in terms of maintaining distance
otherwise seat adjustable's are always an option
some of models in high end are giving that option

The first thing you can try is adjusting your seat and if the problem still persists than the best thing to do is keeping a safe distance from the car right in front of you and also getting use to your car dynamics is something which will help you the most in this case.

In my punto even after adjusting seats I am not able to see the bonnet, but that stop me from driving in most busiest part of roads in mumbai in peak hours. I just maintain the distance between the cars where I think my car is safe, whether people are shouting/honking from behind is none of my business. [:D]

I drove dzire and swift with adjustable seats and I could make out most of my road ahead
maybe punto is too low of adjustable seat not good enough
dharmesh you did get what i meant by adjustable seats
ones which go up and down

Top Bottom