How To Deal with Multiple Tyre Punctures?

Thread Starter #20
Re: Multiple Punctures

Now its Season 2. Recent trip to Malshej / Shivneri gave me 5 Puntures + Valve Change. Moreover, that brilliant guy had fixed only 4 punctures and changed the valve and said allz well.

When I drove again, wasn't back to normal comfort. However, been to the city and it's still not getting better. So checked the tyre which was looking quite flat.

Landed with another road side puncture shop. He spotted the one missed earlier and 2 out of 4 fixed earlier was leaking as well. So in total 7 punctures (5 + 2).

Fed up now. No idea what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #21

Time to get a new tyre buddy. Sealants are temporary solution only that buy some time in the process of buying a new tyre.

Safety first, get a new tyre. [thumbsup]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #23

Time to get a new tyre buddy.
New Tyres [surprise] Can't diggest even those words. My ODO is just 12K Buddy. Which means, these are relatively new tyres as well. So the issue is not concerned with the Wear of Tyres, but may the quality or defects in it???

I am in touch with MRF on this matter. Let's see what comes out.

Moreover, aren't new tyres prone to punctures? What if the story repeats even after changing to new set of tyres???

So I should either find & kill the route cause, which is likely not possible. Otherwise, I should find a better alternative solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: How To Deal with Multiple Punctures?

i would suggest you to sell it and buy a new tyre, if it's punctured 8 times, there are chances for weakning of rubber walls from the inner side too. Do check that too..

and dude, say NO to MRF, go for Yokohoma's or Bridgestone's

New Tyres [surprise] Can't diggest even those words. My ODO is just 12K Buddy. Which means, these are relatively new tyres as well. So the issue is not concerned with the Wear of Tyres, but may the quality or defects in it???

I am in touch with MRF on this matter. Let's see what comes out.

Moreover, aren't new tyres prone to punctures? What if the story repeats even after changing to new set of tyres???

So I should either find & kill the route cause, which is likely not possible. Otherwise, I should find a better alternative solution.
Well good luck to you dealing with MRF. I guess they won't be entertaining you since you have already got it repaired quite sometimes. Well, they could entertain you out of goodwill. Good luck for that, keep us posted.

freakdude.

For me,a tyre is having a life of maximum 8-10 punctures,if it gets more then that then the tyre is dangerous too as now its prone to getting burst.Rest you can still use it but do it at your own risk.

About retreading,let me tell you that these re-treaded tyres are extremely dangerous as well as prone to punctures too,they have been cut deep enough that you can even see the steel wires running inside the rubber in those tyres if you carefully look into the treads.

@Figoian , I guess there is something you have done in the past with the nails. one could be you'd fixed nails in someone's heart and the bad blessings doing the trick with you! ha ha ha [lol] I am just joking.
I think we will discuss the real problem when we meet. C u soon!
BTW how was the trip?

I do opt for a new tube instead of fixing the old one, in ur case go for a new tyre like bridgestone.

Top Bottom