How To Deal with Multiple Tyre Punctures?

Thread Starter #46
Re: How To Deal with Multiple Punctures?

8 nails in a single tyre and 5 nails the next time ?
WOW !! i must add then - do u have a neighbor with whom u dont get along too well or some enemies ?[;)] - i am suspecting sabotage here !!
Guess, you haven't read my long sad story on this thread...[cry]

Such numbers on a single tyre is not a common case and that is the reason why I have been shouting on it.

The nails were around the tyre and sometimes a bunch (say 4) at one spot. Can't really suspect a neighbour or anyone else... But not totally ruled out though[;)].

One thing for sure, I am either being victimized by someone or some serious defect with the Tyre or Material.

Re: How To Deal with Multiple Punctures?

Guess, you haven't read my long sad story on this thread...[cry]

Such numbers on a single tyre is not a common case and that is the reason why I have been shouting on it.

The nails were around the tyre and sometimes a bunch (say 4) at one spot. Can't really suspect a neighbour or anyone else... But not totally ruled out though[;)].

One thing for sure, I am either being victimized by someone or some serious defect with the Tyre or Material.
well nails do harm to all tyres , not sure if its a tyre defect , but a bunch of nails sure sound like sabotage unless ur alloys are electromagnetic and attract anything metal[lol]

This indeed is some foul play my dear friend. SOmeone in your locale is not very happy with your Figo. Nimbu mirchi bando ![;)] And tell your watchman to take cre of your car, Prior starting off every day check all around ur car.

It is sad how mean and cheap tricks people use to make money. The flattened tyres may pose risk to some one's life if vehicle meets accident.

But I don't understand one point here.. Why so many people are suggesting the tyre to be changed. It is multiple punctures because of nails, it could be just one off incident (like nails sprayed by scrap lorry or act of miscreants etc).

By adding a new tube, you can very well convert in to a tube type tyre. As someone suggested you run it for 1000 odd kms or a month to see if it behaving indifferently after which it can be switched as spare. So many cars still run tube tyres even today.

Just curious - Is there is any risk particularly in converting tubeless tyre to tube type ? Can tyre gurus elaborate for benefit of everyone

Thread Starter #52
But I don't understand one point here.. Why so many people are suggesting the tyre to be changed. It is multiple punctures because of nails, it could be just one off incident (like nails sprayed by scrap lorry or act of miscreants etc).

By adding a new tube, you can very well convert in to a tube type tyre. As someone suggested you run it for 1000 odd kms or a month to see if it behaving indifferently after which it can be switched as spare. So many cars still run tube tyres even today.

Just curious - Is there is any risk particularly in converting tubeless tyre to tube type ? Can tyre gurus elaborate for benefit of everyone
I did opt for adding tube and kept it as Spare until I changed the whole set when it was time. Couple of reasons that I know why it's not much preferred.
  • Can feel a significant difference in handling with having a Tubed Tyre while rest all are Tubeless. Based on my own experience.
  • Just in case you are running on the spare one (Tubed) and happened to get it punctured, the tyre will go flat immediately as it's a tube one. So, the risk of being stranded is more with Tube which is not the case with Tubeless.
Hence, unless it's not possible to change to a new tyre, tube option is not recommended. And even if so, that's a temporary arrangement only.

My Alto has multiple punctures in all tyres. The worst one is stepnee, rest are getting used. Repair bigger punctures and leave the smaller ones to save on puncture repair cost. Once in a week, check tyre pressure to ensure good driveability.

BTW, my Alto gets used seldom for small drives (can't afford too high petrol cost :tongue: ). However, I can't afford to drive with such tyres in my Manza which is used extensively including long drives.

Oh! One more point, I won't convert tubeless to tubed - my personal take.

Last edited:
@figoan, sorry, I missed this thread completely. Yes, in Pune esp Pimprichinchwad area was notorious for miscreant puncture repair guys since last 3 to 4 years.
In your case were all the nails looking similar especially new?

And, were you travelled in PCMC area prior to punctures?

Can you please decode the tyre manufacturer date from the sidewalls of your tires and let us know?, Very old tyres are prone for multiple punctures due to inevitable hardness due to ageing.

The puncture sealant/protection gel is hopeless in my experience. I got it for my wagon R 's brand new Michelin tyres @3000 for 4 tyres. But when a tire got punctured due to a nail, we removed the nail and puncture site didn'tgot sealed, finally I had to get the tubeless tyre puncture repaired.

Thread Starter #55
@figoan, sorry, I missed this thread completely. Yes, in Pune esp Pimprichinchwad area was notorious for miscreant puncture repair guys since last 3 to 4 years.
In your case were all the nails looking similar especially new?
Thanks Toranado. Most of them were similar, don't remember exactly whether it was new ones or not, but looked similar.

And, were you travelled in PCMC area prior to punctures?
Can't really say so, but I often do travel to PCMC. Here is how it was. I lived in Dapodi, just after Nashik Phata and would travel daily to office in Aundh. So I would take Mumbai-Pune Old Highway till Khadki Chowk and take the under pass to Aundh. Apart from this, I would often travel to Nigdi, Chinchwad and Ajmera areas as I had many friends there and lived in Chinchwad for about 4 yrs before moving to Dapodi. But yes, Mumbai-Pune Old Highway was predominately used and the areas reported as notorious like Nashik Phata, Phugewadi etc.

Can you please decode the tyre manufacturer date from the sidewalls of your tires and let us know?, Very old tyres are prone for multiple punctures due to inevitable hardness due to ageing.
Sorry dude. I switched to Accellere close to a year back. However, have one of those MRFs as Spare. But not sure whether it's one of the stock ones or the one replaced after the first 8 puncture. Let me check it though.

The puncture sealant/protection gel is hopeless in my experience. I got it for my wagon R 's brand new Michelin tyres @3000 for 4 tyres. But when a tire got punctured due to a nail, we removed the nail and puncture site didn'tgot sealed, finally I had to get the tubeless tyre puncture repaired.
After tired of facing such repeated incidents, I too was exploring about such sealants. But didn't go for it as no much positive response were received.

Top Bottom