How To Deal with Multiple Tyre Punctures?

Thread Starter #31
Re: How To Deal with Multiple Punctures?

Update: MRF Representative inspected the tyres and one of them (8 punctures) found to be having some defects. Got that one replaced with new tyre.[clap] Off course, I had to pay Rs. 900/- towards depreciation, but still I am fine.

Other one (5 Punctures), wasn’t recommended to be replaced. So, put a tube and kept as stepney.

My only concern now is, as this is not a normal or regular occurrence, the other tyres should not also have such defects or land me up in trouble. Let's wait and watch how it works.

Nevertheless, the MRF Guy was very cooperative and helpful. Thanks to him.[thumbsup]

Update: MRF Representative inspected the tyres and one of them (8 punctures) found to be having some defects. Got that one replaced with new tyre.[clap] Off course, I had to pay Rs. 900/- towards depreciation, but still I am fine.

Other one (5 Punctures), wasn’t recommended to be replaced. So, put a tube and kept as stepney.

My only concern now is, as this is not a normal or regular occurrence, the other tyres should not also have such defects or land me up in trouble. Let's wait and watch how it works.

Nevertheless, the MRF Guy was very cooperative and helpful. Thanks to him.[thumbsup]
Congrats for the new tyre man. Just saved you of a lot of Vitamin M. Kudos to MRF as well for taking a customer oriented decision.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #35

BTW, I forgot to mention this in my earlier posts (:sorry: Mods.).
For the other tyre, I was asked to do "Mushroom Patch Work". Since I had no clue about it, I told them that, will do it over the weekend.

Any thoughts guys? Thanks.

BTW, I forgot to mention this in my earlier posts (:sorry: Mods.).
For the other tyre, I was asked to do "Mushroom Patch Work". Since I had no clue about it, I told them that, will do it over the weekend.

Any thoughts guys? Thanks.
It is a mushroom shaped plug with the top inside the tire and the "stem" filling the area that was punctured.

Just for reference took this image off the internet.

mushroom.JPG

freakdude.

Thread Starter #39

The Saga Continues... One more puncture last week and another this morning.

In addition to the issue Figo - Wobbling at Low Speeds and changed the Wheel Lug Nuts and Bolts twice (about INR 1,500) due to wrong threads.

Is there any solution at all???[sad]

Last edited by a moderator:

The Saga Continues... One more puncture last week and another this morning.

In addition to the issue Figo - Wobbling at Low Speeds and changed the Wheel Lug Nuts and Bolts twice (about INR 1,500) due to wrong threads.

Is there any solution at all???[sad]
I would suggest you to get the entire suspension system checked at a competitive independent garage. Also, in specific ask the mech. to look for any issues in the camber as this might lead to wobbling.

Are the new punctures in the replaced tyre or on older one?

freakdude.

I am sharing a few things knowing from experience, can be relevant to your case as well :-

1) Make sure you go to a trusted puncture walla - in many cases they create more punctures and then fix the same - subsequently also try and sell a tube to you.

2) Punctures are not all the time visible using the dip in the water technique especially if its a slow puncture - use the soap instead to accurately spot bubbles.

3) Check if you have any rim damage and if the tyre is fitted properly to the rim and also the valves.

4) most puncture wallas push the nail inside the tyre rather than removing them out - this does not create problem immediately but then if you put a tube inside the same nail can eventually mess the tube up with some bad luck on your side!!

5) keep checking tyre pressures daily especially if you suspect punctures.

6) Use a good quality puncture kit/equipment - most puncture wallas keep the cheapest one which works sometimes and not many times.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #42

My comments are inline (bold).

I would suggest you to get the entire suspension system checked at a competitive independent garage. - Will visit Ford A.S.S and check it all.

Are the new punctures in the replaced tyre or on older one? -
The last week's one was on old one and today's is unfortunately on new one.

freakdude.

I am sharing a few things knowing from experience, can be relevant to ur case as well :-

1) Make sure u go to a trusted puncture walla - in many cases they create more punctures and then fix the same - subsequently also try and sell a tube to you. - I never get the punctures fixed from these road side puncture shops, but always from a Tyre Dealer. BTW, mine is Tubeless.

2) Punctures are not all the time visible using the dip in the water technique especially if its a slow puncture - use the soap instead to accurately spot bubbles. - Agreed. But my issue is basically on Multiple Punctures at the same time or the Recurrence.

3) Check if u have any rim damage and if the tyre is fitted properly to the rim and also the valves. - Checked. It all looks OK.

4) most puncture wallas push the nail inside the tyre rather than removing them out - this does not create problem immediately but then if u put a tube inside the same nail can eventually mess the tube up with some bad luck on ur side!! - Same as above (Point 1).

5) keep checking tyre pressures daily especially if u suspect punctures. - I do, especially after the 1st occurrence of 8 Punctures. The air pressure was checked last week Thursday and Saturday.

6) Use a good quality puncture kit/equipment - most puncture wallas keep the cheapest one which works sometimes and not many times. - Guess, we have no much of control in it.

6) Use a good quality puncture kit/equipment - most puncture wallas keep the cheapest one which works sometimes and not many times. - Guess, we have no much of control in it.
Well u can carry the actual kit and ask the puncturewalla to use ur material instead. The thing with puncture is u go to the nearest puncturewalla immediately after the incident so best to keep one with u always.

2) Punctures are not all the time visible using the dip in the water technique especially if its a slow puncture - use the soap instead to accurately spot bubbles. - Agreed. But my issue is basically on Multiple Punctures at the same time or the Recurrence.
The recurrence is because it hasnt been fixed properly or the kit used to fix the puncture is poor quality which gives away and the reason for multiple punctures is driving with a punctured tyre - this happens unknowingly offcourse..

Thread Starter #44

The recurrence is because it hasnt been fixed properly or the kit used to fix the puncture is poor quality which gives away and the reason for multiple punctures is driving with a punctured tyre - this happens unknowingly offcourse..
Rightly said. In the 1st occurrence I found 8 nails in a single tyre and 2nd time it was 5 [anger]. Either it could have been due to driving unknowingly with a punctured tyre or some serious defects with the tyre that it's prone to get punctured. Not sure which one to suspect.

Rightly said. In the 1st occurrence I found 8 nails in a single tyre and 2nd time it was 5 [anger]. Either it could have been due to driving unknowingly with a punctured tyre or some serious defects with the tyre that it's prone to get punctured. Not sure which one to suspect.
8 nails in a single tyre and 5 nails the next time ?
WOW !! i must add then - do u have a neighbor with whom u dont get along too well or some enemies ?[;)] - i am suspecting sabotage here !!

Top Bottom