How To Clean Tar Spots?

I will try using zippo lighter fluid & let you know the results(probably with pics.)i did not want to use diesel but i am reading lighter fluid is a less harsher way to go.

If you have the carnabua wax, apply on the parts where you find the tar marks, these are not only tar marks, these are oil deposits also. Apply wax in circular motion with the sponge a thin layer, let it dry, it will form a haze. Now there is some physical effort required, use a soft cloth .
and applying wax to get rid of the tar is a very BAD BAD BAD idea,before we apply wax you use a detailer spray along with clay bar(professional method) or use the diesel/lighter fluid method.

With ABRO bug and tar cleaner I am able to get off tar on car body. But only windshield cleaner is not helpful in case of tar on windshield .... Any help on this ? Anybody used tar remover/ diesel on glass? Shop owner told me tar remover on windshield will make it whitish ..

We can also use WD40. Just spray the WD40 on the mark leave it for a couple of minutes and then wipe it off.

WD40 is available at all the Hardware stores and the small bottle costs around 100rs.

WD40 can also be used to clean dust and dirt from otherwise unreachable spots.

Guys

Any suggestions to get rid of Tar Marks from the car. Lots of minute spots in both bumpers and lower part of door metal sheets as well.[frustration]

As mine is a light shade (Chill Metallic), I am very upset with these marks. [cry]
Please do not waste money on any other product, just buy a can of WD40, spray and wipe clean after sometime...Bingo...spotless

Thread Starter #35
Please do not waste money on any other product, just buy a can of WD40, spray and wipe clean after sometime...Bingo...spotless
I didn't do much about them as they disappear with a good foam wash. Tougher ones I leave it for a wash from the FASS, if they are not much visible.

However, I don't see them much often now or may be only during monsoons? Not sure.

But Thanks for your suggestion. Will try that when I need.

Use the traditional one Diesel, it do not harm the paint.
Spray diesel and wait for some time and wipe it with some soft cloth partially soaked in diesel and wash it with a good car shampoo.
This technique is successfully used for at least 20 years.
Hope some one had noticed something sprayed on our cars before washing at the loacal service stations it is nothing other than diesel.
An under body diesel spray was also done before to restrict the under body from rusting.

Last edited:
Well dont worry, this is a common problem, don't try to clean them while washing. First wash your car get rid of mud and dust particles. Clean it with soft chamois leather. Let the car dry, there should not be any water left anywhere on the body. If you have the carnabua wax, apply on the parts where you find the tar marks, these are not only tar marks, these are oil deposits also. Apply wax in circular motion with the sponge a thin layer, let it dry, it will form a haze. Now there is some physical effort required, use a soft cloth (your used nightwear or undergarments can do), try to rub on the wax applied turn the cloth side as you rubbing. Most of the tar mark/ oil mark will go off while applying the wax itself, and remaining the tough one will go while rubbing. The result is clean and shining surface. Do not use any detergents, your nails to get rid og those marks it will levae scratches on the surface. Use good quality wax. I use Formula1 carnabua wax. Let me know if you want more information.

I was planning to write in detail about it with pics, will do so soon.

Do not use diesel or any other lubricant to clean it.
Hi, I have paint marks in my bike. I had left my bike at my work place and they were doing spray painting which i didn't know. There are some dots in my bike. How to remove those?

Regards,
Sankar

Micro tar deposits all over my car, how to remove 'em?

So i had parked my car at home for a few days and there were a lot of roads being made where i stay where they melt tar and all. i suspect that is what has caused these ultra tiny black spots deposited all over my car. Cant see them from a distance but only on close inspection. even all windows seem to have got them. tried my 3m shampoo and colin for the windscreen but it has not really helped. whats the best way to remove them from glass areas and body areas without damaging paint ? something that has worked for anyone than hearsay would be better

will try and upload a pic tomorrow

Last edited:
Re: Micro tar deposits all over my car, how to remove 'em?

Try Formula 1 Bug and Tar. Should remove most of the tar. If you are still not satisfied, 3m can help you.

Re: Micro tar deposits all over my car, how to remove 'em?

So i had parked my car at home for a few days and there were a lot of roads being made where i stay where they melt tar and all. i suspect that is what has caused these ultra tiny black spots deposited all over my car. Cant see them from a distance but only on close inspection. even all windows seem to have got them. tried my 3m shampoo and colin for the windscreen but it has not really helped. whats the best way to remove them from glass areas and body areas without damaging paint ? something that has worked for anyone than hearsay would be better

will try and upload a pic tomorrow
Hey,How did it go ? I know I'm pretty late even though I'll share my peice of information.

You can use a product named Tar X from Carpro to get rid of these with ease. I have personally tried it and was amazed with the performance.

For Glass : Spray Tar X into a cotton waste. Just touch with it on all areas of glass containing Tax. Wait for say like 2 mins. After that use a clean cotton waste to wipe the tar off. It will come off with ease. You can buy Glass clay bars online. Do clay down the glass for best results. This will also help in removing ultra small dots of tar which is not spottable. Clean the whole glass after the process

For Paint Area : Similarly apply Tar X onto the cotton waste and touch with it on all areas having tar. Wait for 2 mins and remove in order,say like the first spot applied should removed first. So it will give enough time for all the tar spots to absorb the Tar X. After cleaning off , use a car shampoo and wash down the whole area where Tar X was applied. Just to be safe [:D]

Top Bottom