How To Clean Tar Spots?

Thread Starter #1
Guys

Any suggestions to get rid of Tar Marks from the car. Lots of minute spots in both bumpers and lower part of door metal sheets as well.[frustration]

As mine is a light shade (Chill Metallic), I am very upset with these marks. [cry]

Well dont worry, this is a common problem, don't try to clean them while washing. First wash your car get rid of mud and dust particles. Clean it with soft chamois leather. Let the car dry, there should not be any water left anywhere on the body. If you have the carnabua wax, apply on the parts where you find the tar marks, these are not only tar marks, these are oil deposits also. Apply wax in circular motion with the sponge a thin layer, let it dry, it will form a haze. Now there is some physical effort required, use a soft cloth (your used nightwear or undergarments can do), try to rub on the wax applied turn the cloth side as you rubbing. Most of the tar mark/ oil mark will go off while applying the wax itself, and remaining the tough one will go while rubbing. The result is clean and shining surface. Do not use any detergents, your nails to get rid og those marks it will levae scratches on the surface. Use good quality wax. I use Formula1 carnabua wax. Let me know if you want more information.

I was planning to write in detail about it with pics, will do so soon.

i guess you could use diesel
Do not use diesel or any other lubricant to clean it.

Re: How To Clean Tar Marks?

Well dont worry, this is a common problem, don't try to clean them while washing. First wash your car get rid of mud and dust particles. Clean it with soft chamois leather. Let the car dry, there should not be any water left anywhere on the body. If you have the carnabua wax, apply on the parts where you find the tar marks, these are not only tar marks, these are oil deposits also. Apply wax in circular motion with the sponge a thin layer, let it dry, it will form a haze. Now there is some physical effort required, use a soft cloth (your used nightwear or undergarments can do), try to rub on the wax applied turn the cloth side as you rubbing. Most of the tar mark/ oil mark will go off while applying the wax itself, and remaining the tough one will go while rubbing. The result is clean and shining surface. Do not use any detergents, your nails to get rid og those marks it will levae scratches on the surface. Use good quality wax. I use Formula1 carnabua wax. Let me know if you want more information.

I was planning to write in detail about it with pics, will do so soon.
That was a good suggestion.
But as soon as i saw this "Now there is some physical effort required, use a soft cloth (your used nightwear or undergarments can do), try to rub on the wax applied turn the cloth side as you rubbing."

I almost fell off from the chair :lol!:

This is all about my own experience. My car a porcelain white and I don't like a single mark on it.As I said these all are not only tar marks,mainly in rainy season the heavy oil and grease leaked/spilled mainly from Trucks, buses on the road, also the exhaust get mixed with rain water and when you drive through it get splashed over the body parts.Mainly lower parts of door and front and rear bumpers.As it get splashed in high speed it get stick to the body and hard to remove easily. Tar marks will occur only when you pass through the newly constructed tar road.

That was a good suggestion.
But as soon as i saw this "Now there is some physical effort required, use a soft cloth (your used nightwear or undergarments can do), try to rub on the wax applied turn the cloth side as you rubbing."

I almost fell off from the chair :lol!:
Yes I can understand, Mukesh. But TBH the briefs (specially the white ones like LUX ,Rupa, Dixcy, amul macho) are made up of soft cloth or the soft cloth nightwear is really useful for buffing/Rubbing.

Thread Starter #7
Re: How To Clean Tar Marks?

This is all about my own experience. My car a porcelain white and I don't like a single mark on it.As I said these all are not only tar marks,mainly in rainy season the heavy oil and grease leaked/spilled mainly from Trucks, buses on the road, also the exhaust get mixed with rain water and when you drive through it get splashed over the body parts.Mainly lower parts of door and front and rear bumpers.As it get splashed in high speed it get stick to the body and hard to remove easily. Tar marks will occur only when you pass through the newly constructed tar road.
Wow... That was the word. Excellent study Drivetech4. [clap]

Will try out your suggestion. Thanks. [cheers]

Wow... That was the word. Excellent study Drivetech4. [clap]

Will try out your suggestion. Thanks. [cheers]
Do post your experience after trying out the suggestion. And yes hope you are coming for the TAI Pune meet on Saturday. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/tai-member-meets/4802-how-about-pune-meet.html

oh! does it cause harm to the paints? as my driver and few others do the same
Basically it will take off the shine and glow of the paint.And will attract dust.

Thread Starter #10
Sure. I will be there... [thumbsup]

BTW, Carnauba has 3 types of wax (Paste/Liquid/Spray). I guess, you were referring to Paste?
Yes I would suggest a paste.But do check that you buy the original stuff if you don't get the imported one go for our most popular oldest Indian brand Waxoil.

[lol] Sorry OT but cant stop :biggrin:

drivetech4 No offense friend, very nice suggestion I will also try.
Not to worry dude, its pleasure for me that I was the reason to make some people laugh, To see people laugh is rare nowadays specially during working hours!

How to remove tar spots?

Hey Guys,

My car has tar spots all over the body. Being white, its very prominent. I have tried using Amway car wash, but no impact. When I try to remove it with my hands, it spreads all over. I have heard it can be removed by using diesel, but will it affect the paint quality?

Please suggest!

PS: This is not my car, just a random image from google.

Attachments

Re: How to remove tar spots?

^^Very simple solution for this issue is available at our filling stations is PETROL, I guess it will be helpful. But take care, wipe it off the paint using a dry cloth as soon as the cleaning is done.

Top Bottom