How To Clean Seats of Fiat Punto?

Thread Starter #1
Well it has been more than 2 year since the seats of.my car are serving their purpose . But now they have got dirty especially the front passenger has got some dirty stains . I have the company fitted seats no seat covers .
So how do i get them cleaned ? Get them washed ? Has anyone done this before
I am sceptical of getting seat covers (neither do i wish to spend money on them)

Re: how to clean the seats of fiat punto

Don't wash them thats just going off the limits. do it after 2-3 years

for now
get some water based degreaser and spray that on seats and after 2-3 mins of application use a chamois / clean cloth to wipe it down and vaccum it afterwards.
this will clean it .

I used to work in car wash for quiet a long time [:)]

Re: how to clean the seats of fiat punto

Don't wash them thats just going off the limits. do it after 2-3 years

for now
get some water based degreaser and spray that on seats and after 2-3 mins of application use a chamois / clean cloth to wipe it down and vaccum it afterwards.
this will clean it .

I used to work in car wash for quiet a long time [:)]

Thanks for the info. Same for me. i have company fitted seats in my car and it has some stains here and there. How to remove it.

Sethu

Hi Vishal,

Agree,it is very difficult to remove and wash the stitched covers.

However,my suggestion would be to have these stitched covers covered by washable and removable seat covers which are moderately priced.In the long run this would help the durability of your seats and again the feel good factor for the passengers in the car is also very important.

I personally feel a bit awkward if the car is stained or soiled and hope even others would feel the same if they sit in my car.

In Navi Mumbai washable/removable nice looking seat covers are available from 800 rs for Maruti 800.You can check at your place as well.

Thanks

Guys, My Etios's rear seats have some sparkle on them, the same that is sprinkled on a flower bouquet. I have tried to clean it with water. soapy water but it is not going. Any solutions?

@Vishal : My problem is similar to yours, so, rather than creating a new thread, I thought of asking it in this thread only. Hope you don't mind.

freakdude.

Buy a sponge/foam, it will cost Rs. 10, similar to -

Apply small amount of VIM Dish Wash Liquid on wet foam -

Go for lemon flavor, its fragrance will make car smell clean too!

Now scrub fabric/plastic (door pads etc), keep soft towel and water basket close, don't let solution dry too much, 2-3 mins is enough, clean one section at a time, then clean wipe with wet towel. Please find shady and cool area for this or solution will dry too quick, its effectiveness will reduce if you try to clean hot interiors.

Now park car in sunlight with windows rolled down for 30 mins.

I wont suggest houshold dishwash soap on car seats. They will seep through the cushion inside and may damage it making sponge loose its spriness and shape.
The Best bet is to buy foam based upholstry cleaner and toothbrush .
Formula1 foam based cleaners are easily available.

Last edited:
Buy a sponge/foam, it will cost Rs. 10, similar to -

Apply small amount of VIM Dish Wash Liquid on wet foam -

Go for lemon flavor, its fragrance will make car smell clean too!

Now scrub fabric/plastic (door pads etc), keep soft towel and water basket close, don't let solution dry too much, 2-3 mins is enough, clean one section at a time, then clean wipe with wet towel. Please find shady and cool area for this or solution will dry too quick, its effectiveness will reduce if you try to clean hot interiors.

Now park car in sunlight with windows rolled down for 30 mins.
That's odd suggestion. I hope you are not using RIN or surf to clean your car's exterior. [roll]

Top Bottom