How To Clean Car Leather Seat Covers & Dashboard?

Thread Starter #1
hello friends, can anyone tell me how to clean dirt from leather seat cover and dashboard. I have tried the formula 1 leather cleaner and other products but that does not clean it only make it slipy. I was thinking to clean the seat and dashboard with shampoo with sponge. Or tell me any good way as my dashboard and seat cover are of Beige color it gets dirty quikly

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy, I dont have Leather seat covers, but for my cloth ones, I use a Vacuum cleaner and there is a shop (Of wheel balancing and alignment) in my area where people give the car for cleaning the covers. They remove the seats and the covers after fitting become brand new. Dont know the cost!
For the Dashboard, There maybe some polish. My friend uses the same thing which he uses on his black door handles and tyres! But the dirt gets attracted to it.
Check in your city if thier is any shop!

Good Luck!

350Z

Core Team
Dirt can be wiped with the help of a soft cloth (slightly wet if there are regular stains). Don't apply shampoo on dashboard but instead buy a polish. It will do wonders.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
i am tried the dashboard polish and leather cleaner but they only make it slippy and glossy, and due to light color of my dashboard and seat cover it is difficult to maintain it.

lxi.

Suspended
Wipe the seat covers with Colin/Mr. Muscle if there are any stains , But ask the gurus first. I have NEVER done this.

@abhisek
If it is a PU leather you can try with mild shampoos but it is not recommended. For pure leather seat covers like Stanley you can use dampen clothes and then good leather cleaner. You can try Colin for dash board.

lxi.

Suspended
Will Colin be ok for Alto, City and Scorpio's Dashboard?
Wont it leave any marks after drying?

350Z

Core Team
Will Colin be ok for Alto, City and Scorpio's Dashboard?
Wont it leave any marks after drying?
I have used Colin to clean some interior plastic parts (Door pads etc) of Maruti 800. There were no issues but I would recommend getting a polish if possible.

Drive Safe,
350Z

lxi.

Suspended
Vibhor, How much will the polish cost?
Anything for making black plastic parts like Bumper, Door Handles, etc shine like new?

350Z

Core Team
I bought a dashboard polish few years ago. A spray can costs around 200 bucks. I don’t remember the brand but found it very effective (for both dashboard and tyres).

Drive Safe,
350Z

For leather seats/dashboard: Formula 1 Upholstery Cleaner, costs 300 bucks.
Dashboard polish: Dashboard Shine Formula 1, costs 250 bucks
For black portions like bumper etc: I dont use any such thing but there are a lot of bumper shines available in market which hardly cost 150 bucks. However, try avoiding use of polish on bumpers since it attracts dust after application.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
you know what i do for my i10's dashboard , just pour some water in a mug and add some shampoo , mix it , take a toothbrush and clean the dash , make sure to clean small area evrytime and wipe it from any cloth.

2 parts of water + 1 part of vinegar will do the trick for leather.
I use meguiars leather cleaning wipes and they are effective. In addition to cleaning it also conditions the leather.
For dashboard, I use either armour all protectant or black magic protectant.

For PU Leather or Original Leather, there are numerous Sprays and cleaners available in market. For Dashboard, Use Motomax - Dashboard Polish. It works like Charm. I Use it on my Duro also (on Black Fiber Parts),

Top Bottom