How to Claim Insurance?

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys, This incident happened yesterday.
My Zen was parked behind Hawk, 2 bikes came to a screeching halt one fell on the zen and there is a dent near the right front door .
I could not recognise it yesterday as it was raining, Both were fighting and left the spot quitely.
I didn't mind to check it as the tree near house was blinding the vision & our's is a corner house.
And i thought he had fallen just behind the car & had kept quite.
To my shock, There is a big scratch starting from the righ side indicator till the door handle & the door is hard while closing.
In this Scenario how can i make a claim, As both(bikers) have run.
It's a hit and run case.
So what all should i provide the Company for making a claim.

I don't think you have will have to provide the company with any documents.

Just one thing, have you ever claimed insurance before? If you haven't I would advise you not to claim insurance, esp. if the sum for repairing is a paltry sum, say Rs 1000-2000., as you will stand to lose your "No claim Bonus" if you claim now. NCB might not be as much as Rs 5000 (I don't know much about your Zen, so I can't be exact), So, if the damage requires Rs 5000 and upwards, and then it would be wiser to claim.'
Please ignore NCB if you have claimed before.

There will be no problem in claiming the insurance upto 50k I think .No need for FIR copy .
Well this is what I came to know when my car met with a small accident but I didn't go for insurance for many reasons.

Thread Starter #4
Thank you Maximas, I will see what the cost would be, Will have to visit Sagar Automobiles or Solotech over here.
-----------Next Post-----------
@ Arkin: The car had met with Accident 5 years back, When at the signal in M.G.Road, A milk tanker all of a sudden had rolled back and there was a huge damage.
After that no claim had been made.

Last edited:
mukesh,
i would advice you not to claim the insurance. its just a small thing which can be fixed within a max of 5k. if you go for a claim, then you will loose your NCB which comes to about 1.5-2k i think. more than that i think you will have to get a police complaint as this involves other vehicles as well. overall i my point is insurance claiming is the biggest hassel when both the parties(involved in the accident) are not present. so better don't go for a claim.

Thread Starter #9
The NCB of the previous owner(My mom) was transferred to our new Scorpio.
But I think the NCB still remains to my car.

Thread Starter #11
The NCB is applicable to a person and not to a vehicle.

Anyways, you have already lost your NCB, so go ahead and claim. [evil]
Nope we had transferred the Zen to other family member, So NCB might accure on the next owner(Dad).

i think you still get the NCB benefit. anyways. just check out with the insurance company reagarding this. if no NCB, then go for claim. and also get an estimate for the work to be done. and if you don't mind please post some pics of the damage.

Hmmm yeah buddy any pictures? If its only scratches i think it wont cost you much but if it has huge dents then the bills will be high and claiming insurance is better.

I feel sorry to hear about the damage done to your ride. Now from what i have read in this thread, you have already claimed an insurance before, so IMO claim insurance this time too. And from post#1, i assume the damage is quite visible and to a grewat extent(visually).

Top Bottom