How to change Speedometer Lights of My 1991 M800?

Thread Starter #1
How do i change my 1991, maruti 800 speedometer lights?
I had opened the instrument panel with too much effort but unable to pull out the console[frustration]. Any step by step idea to do that in proper way without any trouble?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for welcome ann reply buddy[:)]. but i wanna say something, i did that all after reading that post but unable to pull out the console therefore i want to know about step by step guide for 1991, maruti 800:help:

Thanks for welcome ann reply buddy[:)]. but i wanna say something, i did that all after reading that post but unable to pull out the console therefore i want to know about step by step guide for 1991, maruti 800:help:
why don't you try rading the handy manual which comes with every car when it's manufactured, read ur 1991 M800's manual, there will be some explanation regarding the instrument cluster, could be useful,

oh wait, you don't have the manual do you [lol]

350Z

Core Team
Sandhu, I own a 2003 Maruti 800 and console fitment of both the models is almost alike. I had to get the console opened some day for a reason and the process wasn’t very difficult. Just make sure that you have totally unscrewed it, and lift it slightly upwards. Also, it is highly recommended to not touch anything if you’re unsure about it because a loosely fitted console will leave around too many rattles (And you know, Maruti cars already come with many). Hire a local mechanic, and he’ll do it for you.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Re: How to change Speedometer lights of 1991 M800?

Thanks everybody for replying.

350Z, as though i know that it is the forum for do it yourself, am i wrong?[surprise] then why i should need mechanic? Bro, i am 17 year old n i just want do it on my own to prove this to my elder brother that I can do it. I know you all are there for help. And yeah i had totally unscrewed it, but unable to pull it out. The signal light switch is main hurdle in it any idea?

And mr. amateur djluv yeah i have m800 service, repair manual pdf. But nothing for speedometer in it[lol] anyone have any idea? anyone?

350Z

Core Team
Alright. I didn't notice that this is supposed to be a DIY. Nonetheless, the task is not so difficult. Start pulling it up from the top and then lift it slightly upwards.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9
now i know the reason of too much effort [frustration]. my m800 speedometer wire and warning lights wires are limited they do not let me out the console. please anyone have any idea. my elder brother laugh on me. please help please :help:

Did u do it atlast?
I just bought a used m800 1997 model.
I was able to open and put back the speedo unit.
Post a pic of your speedo, if you still need any help.

Thanks everybody for replying.

350Z, as though i know that it is the forum for do it yourself, am i wrong?[surprise] then why i should need mechanic? Bro, i am 17 year old n i just want do it on my own to prove this to my elder brother that I can do it. I know you all are there for help. And yeah i had totally unscrewed it, but unable to pull it out. The signal light switch is main hurdle in it any idea?

And mr. amateur djluv yeah i have m800 service, repair manual pdf. But nothing for speedometer in it[lol] anyone have any idea? anyone?
Hi, I got your problem while lifting the 4 way indicator switch is trobling you, for that you need to remove the steering coloum(2 screws) so that the steering coloum comes down and you can easily remove the instrument cluster..

Hi, I got your problem while lifting the 4 way indicator switch is trobling you, for that you need to remove the steering coloum(2 screws) so that the steering coloum comes down and you can easily remove the instrument cluster..
Off Topic but, Its actually the Hazard lights switch.

The first thing to do is duck under thr steering, and unscrew the two bolts holding the steering column. The steering will come down. Now unscrew the cluster and pull it out. The speedo and wire conectors are just locked in. Pull them. After all this, u can change the bulbs color but the transparent plate on which the speedo and other meters are etched, is green in colour in my 98. So nothing to do. What i did was removed the bulbs, and added leds infront of the console, throwing lyt from above. I'll post pics soon.

Off Topic but, Its actually the Hazard lights switch.
I think I am not wrong, its also not off topic, I just wanted to say that the 4 way indicator switch is placed in front of the instrument cluster so that the instrument cluster can't be removed usless the switch is removed\moved down..

HEY CAN YOU PLEASE MAIL ME THE m800 service, repair manual pdf. please

Top Bottom