How To Avoid ‘Sleep’ While Driving at Night?

Very interesting topic

These are the things I follow during night drive

As far as possible I avoid night driving. Still in unavoidable circumstances if I feel sleepy during night drive I park the car at a safe and secured place like near a petrol station or toll booth, sleep for couple of hours and continue the drive.

Listening to the radio and the conversation will make you awake as far as there is radio signal. CDs of jokes will also be a good option especially when you have a companion traveling with you. Getting into some healthy arguments will also be helpful.

Using of chewing gum and crispy snacks like chips etc. will keep you awake. Take a very lite dinner or skip it.

In my car I am using Seat Massager, and during night drive it keeps me awake when it is on.

I feel driving at a higher speed in the night may turn fatal especially on unknown roads where you encounter sharp turns, potholes, speed breakers or even a careless driver opposite to you etc. etc; and at a lower speed definitely you will have time to react. Other risky things on highways are trucks parked on the roads with out any warning, or without tail lights or even without reflectors; Sometimes you may encounter big stones or boulders kept by broken down truck fellows, and they hardly remove them before leaving, putting others in danger.

Better be more alert during night drive.

As far as possible I avoid night driving. Still in unavoidable circumstances if I feel sleepy during night drive I park the car at a safe and secured place like near a petrol station or toll booth, sleep for couple of hours and continue the drive.
Ram Sir, how are you?
Yes, avoid night drive if tired, feel sleepy, or exhausted. Again night parking to take break at the wrong place is another big issue, and must be called off. My suggestion is early morning driving is the best and safest. One can avoid those scary long-vehicles on early morning driving.

To avoid sleep, best option is have proper sleep. Take proper rest before any journey. As said, listening music especially religious songs will help in keep the mind fresh.

Ram Sir, how are you?
Yes, avoid night drive if tired, feel sleepy, or exhausted. Again night parking to take break at the wrong place is another big issue, and must be called off. My suggestion is early morning driving is the best and safest. One can avoid those scary long-vehicles on early morning driving.

To avoid sleep, best option is have proper sleep. Take proper rest before any journey. As said, listening music especially religious songs will help in keep the mind fresh.
If situation demands one to go for an overnight drive, drinking tea will keep you fresh. Avoid foods with high ghee and oil content as they can make you drowsy. If you happen to travel along with a co passenger, then it is advisable for the latter to engage you in talks. In case you are the sole person driving the car, listening to good music will keep your batteries charged.

Dear Akash,

Nice thread. thanks for sharing your views with us.

Whenever i plan for long journey i will start at 5-5.30 am and strictly avoid the night travel in my plan.

In worst case (need to travel/drive in night) i will take a break for every 150-200km and refresh myself.

Top Bottom