How Often Do You Check Tyre Pressures?

How often you check tyre pressure?

• Total voters
Guys i have got Nitrogen gas filled. How long does it last,when do i need to top it and is 30 psi ok?

Car and tyre info : Swift Vxi - 205/55-15 tyres.

I check the pressure once in two week. I have seen that the pressure goes down by 2-3 psi in some of my tyres in those 15 days. I inflate the tyres upto 32 psi for the front tyres and 30 psi for the rear on my alto as recommended by by servicing garage.

Since my car is just 1.5 months old so till now didn't check it.. Checked it only at 1st service. But for my bike, I do check once in a month :(

Does tubeless tires filled with Nitrogen loose less pressure over time.

Pardon my ignorance [confused], the SA at TASS said me so.
If you fill Nitrogen, then no need to check tyre pressure frequently unlike air.

Pressure will be retained for a longer time.

For my car, I check tyre pressure once in three months or so unless there is a visible drop which is very rare.

That is one advantage with Nitrogen.

If you fill Nitrogen, then no need to check tyre pressure frequently unlike air.

Pressure will be retained for a longer time.

For my car, I check tyre pressure once in three months or so unless there is a visible drop which is very rare.

That is one advantage with Nitrogen.
Me too nitrogen,checks every 3 months.

How many of you refill Air when the tire is cold? (Driven less than 7-8kms when you start the day).

If you fill air after driving more than 8 kms in a day, it will always be inaccurate.

I check tyre pressure every 15-20 days. Sometimes, it stretches to a month. I normally fill petrol from Reliance pump which is nearest to my home. Unfortunately, air filling / pressure checking arrangement is not available there. I go to a tyre repair shop in the vicinity for checking tyre pressure. They have an analogue pressure gauge which doesn't give accurate readings and they mostly end up filling at least 4-5 psi more than recommended values. [frustration]

I have purchased a digital tyre gauge and check tyre pressure early next morning and reduce the pressure to recommended values.

Last edited:

Top Bottom