How Often Do You Check Tyre Pressures?

How often you check tyre pressure?

• Total voters
guys, on my alto its given in the placard to fill 30PSi and i always do the same. and my car is not on full load anytime. a max of 3 passengers at a time. that's all. so any problem if i continue on this?
No, it won't cause any problem. I drive alone for most time.

No Prob Sriharsha!

30PSi is normal & it will not cause any issues.

I think even 30psi is the recommended tyre pressure for alto [thumbsup]

350Z

Core Team
guys, on my alto its given in the placard to fill 30PSi and i always do the same. and my car is not on full load anytime. a max of 3 passengers at a time. that's all. so any problem if i continue on this?
Don’t worry if that’s what mentioned on the placard.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am not sure about Alto, but for Punto they have mentioned 2 sets of pressure, one for midium load and one for full load.
Upto 300KG, medium load is sufficient.

For Emotion Variant (175/70 R14 84T)

Medium Load - 32 (Front) 30.5 (Rear)
Full Load - 33.4 (Front) 32 (Rear)

I normally keep 33/31.

Last edited:
Since Punto runs on R14 & R15!

My guess, it would be around 34 for normal load & 36 on Full Load.

Just my guess, lets see what RSM says :)

I read somewhere that air pressure in tubeless, in normal steel rims, gets reduced more frequently than alloys. However, i don't feel in my car. I check it mostly after re-fuelling and the pressure get reduced normally by 1-2 PSI.

I am not sure about Alto, but for Punto they have mentioned 2 sets of pressure, one for midium load and one for full load.
Upto 300KG, medium load is sufficient.
Same here for the Fabia, different pressures are specified for the front and rear tyre for normal load and full load.

And I get my pressures checked every time I fill fuel, but also every time I hit the expressway, or go on a hill road / long distance trip.

Re: How often you check your car's tyre pressure??

Stupid question, but how to check tire pressure?
A decent tire shop or the gauge reading(when you fill air to the tire) at the regular petrol pump should do well,although there accuracy can be a bit off.Once every 15-18 days should be a decent interval for the no fuss motorist.

Tip-When you fill air to the tires if you notice one of the tires is 4 plus psi lesser than the other tires it indicates a slow puncture.For example 3 out of your 4 tires tires read 29psi but one reads 25psi it indicates that one has a slow puncture.

Last edited:
Re: How often you check your car's tyre pressure??

Tip-When you fill air to the tires if you notice one of the tires is 4 plus psi lesser than the other tires it indicates a slow puncture.For example 3 out of your 4 tires tires read 29psi but one reads 25psi it indicates that one has a slow puncture.
Thanks Prads, didn't know about this fact..

Cheers
Jazzy

I basically check them at the time of filling just before starting any long trip,else in case of short city trip,there is no question of checking it up.

Top Bottom