How much it will cost for installing Keyless entry in a car?

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I am planning to purchase a Tata Safari Lx model. It does not have key less entry feature. [cry]
Can yuo please let me know is it possible to install keyless entry ? and how much it will cost if done from dealer itself ?
Would you advise to install it from dealer or some outside shops ? [confused]

Well you can install with the dealer itself ,they may cost a bit more,you will get a genuine one,It may cost 4-5k.

Outside of dealers you could try for autocop central locking system,it is best known for reliability.If you plan to rig that outside make sure the shop owner put the seal and gives it to you.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Vishwas.. for the info. 4-5 K is not much, its better to get it done from dealer itself [:)]

Also one more info required, Immobiliser is also missing Safari Lx. I am not sure exactly what purpose does it serve, heard that its some security feature. If you can put some light on this it will be really helpful.

Is it possible to, install Immobiliser externally and approximately how much it will cost?
Would you recommend to go for a vechicle which does not have this feature?
Scorpio LX is another vehicle which I can consider, if Immobiliser is really a must feature. [confused]

Thanks in advance.

immobilizer is an electronic device fitted to an automobile which prevents the engine from running unless the correct key (or other token) is present. This prevents the car from being "hot wired" after entry has been achieved.And theft cannot take place

Its just like lock and key which is done electrically.I personally don't fit those things outside,better to fix it with the dealers only as they know everything about the car because its mainly of electrical department,
Well if you plan for keyless entry,that would do the job well,so not recommended for immobilizer,and that may cost too much.

Well if you are concerned a lot on features and safety, Scorpio LX would be a better option IMHO.

Top Bottom