How Many People Can Your Car Comfortably Seat?

Thread Starter #1
Most cars are 5 Seaters. But can 5 people actually comfortably sit in the car? Most of the cars can only comfortably seat 4 people. The issue is the rear seat. The middle passenger is the most uncomfortable. I remember I used to carry 5 people in my Uno on a regular basis and it was very comfortable. My Siena was comfortable too but somehow I found the Uno more convenient. Also I hardly ever carried 5 people in the Siena. A lot of the big cars today are actually 4 seaters only despite being labelled as 5 seaters. What's your experience?

I strongly agree that Cars are meant to seat 4 people comfortably.

In my Manza, I make it a point to carry only 4 while on long trips. The only exception is like some team offsites like situation where the trip is less than half an hour or so.

Most cars are 5 Seaters. But can 5 people actually comfortably sit in the car? Most of the cars can only comfortably seat 4 people. The issue is the rear seat. The middle passenger is the most uncomfortable. I remember I used to carry 5 people in my Uno on a regular basis and it was very comfortable. My Siena was comfortable too but somehow I found the Uno more convenient. Also I hardly ever carried 5 people in the Siena. A lot of the big cars today are actually 4 seaters only despite being labelled as 5 seaters. What's your experience?
Cars are meant to carry 1+3 only, be it UNO or Mercedes-Benz. The bigger cars have arm-rest & various controls in between beneath it. Even if this is popped up, there is no comfort like the one on window seats.

However, in regular sedans, Mahindra Verito/Logan can seat 3 person on back seat as it is a flat seat rather than good bucket seats like those of Manza & Sunny.

So, the only exception can be Logan/Verito.

350Z

Core Team
Hatchback or sedan can accommodate maximum five people in comfort. Going over board than this limit is also not advisable in such cars. My Maruti can comfortably accommodate no more than four average sized people.

An Alto/Zen can carry 2!
How come only two?

Drive Safe,
350Z

I strongly agree that Cars are meant to seat 4 people comfortably.
Agree with Highway Ranger.

Cars are meant for 1+3 people comfortably.

Eventhough Manza can accomodate 3 or even 4 persons in the back seat because of ample width and extra lug space, I prefer to have only 2 persons in back seat - the central arm rest and the seat positioning make it so comfy that 2 is a royal ride

@ 350Z

mumbaikar is right.

In my previous Zen, no one can sit behind me as I have to push my seat fully back. My wife being shorter than me will not have her seat pushed back, so one can sit behind her. Max 3 or 2 tall people and 2 kids.

Zen is comfortable to 4 Avg size people.
I have been with Zen right from 97, (first, 97 model and the next 2004 model), till early this year and I stand by what I said. My personal experience. No offense meant to anybody.

It is a fantastic car but very cramped in the back. Once I sat in the back of my car and to get out I had to use my hands to turn my shoe to get it out of the car.

Then again, comfort is subjective and definition of average size may also vary.

In my sierra , 5 can be seated.
but unlike other car , the rear corners feels out of place if 3 people at rear are more than a average.
its due to big window that too curved at top .
So i hope it must be 4 . 5/4 is a confused state in sierra.

In our manza , 5 people can sit in comfort.

In both the cars i have traveled in rear seat for the sake of travelling and belive me , sierra was damn comfy at rear , i was so free and what not , the driver seems to be some other end , and the big window let me to see the whole world . the feeling was awesome in the sierra !

In manza , it was bit free than other cars , but not more than that , like the extra edge as in sierra.

In my Estilo 4 can sit comfortably and 5th would be compromise to the core. Though there is no bulge in the middle of the seat nor at the foot fall but it is simply not made for five adults, let alone the size of these adults.

Top Bottom