How Long You Take To Clean Your Ride?

How long do you take to clean your car/SUV?

• Total voters
:offtopic: hey guys do you know about chemical car wash it is done here in my city costs around 700 rs the exterior is washed with some kind of chemical and the car regains its lost shine . also the interior is cleaned very well

Hmmm they do something like that at my Authorized Hyundai workshop. It costs somewhere around Rs.800 i think. Though a bit pricey , the car is as good as new after the wash.[thumbsup]

Today, I gave my Fiat Linea a shampoo bath! First, water-wash followed by shampoo wash ending with rinsing with water. Then, I wiped it dry using dry cloth. It took about 2 hours. I usually do it in 2 hour session. In case of wax-polishing, I do it in two sessions/2 days each of 2 hours. So, I voted for ~2 hours.

I wash my rides myself!

Since I have many rides, P180, Eterno, DZire and now an Activa; I cannot keep washing them every day! So I have allotted days for washing them.

DZire is been washed twice a week. Once only from outside and once totally!
Same goes for both the bikes; once a week and now one more bike is included.

P180: Washed once a week or whenever feel so. (takes 30~45mins)
Once a month I wash totally in full mood! (takes 2~2.5hrs)

Honda ETERNO: Same as P180.

Honda ACTIVA: Donno anything how will I manage, she's the newest in our family.

DZire: Its washed twice a week; or more frequently if the car is Dusty; depends!!

I take more than 3hrs for washing (once a week!) mostly on friday coz my dad has an off that day; so I can take my own sweet time.

This includes:
Washing all the mattings;
Washing all the four mudguards from inside;
Washing the rim removing the wheel caps;
Opening the bonnet and wiping the dust on the engine and all;
cleaning the boot: This includes the boot matting, and space between the rearglass and the boot lid, where the dry leaves gets collected and leads to rusting;
Cleaning the interiors and the seats with wet cloth;
Cleaning the interior top with semi wet cloth; etc

I hardly use shampoo for DZire; because till the time I go to take water, the shampoo is drys off. Some times I use kerosene dipped rag; to remove black spots. They are more seen on Silver car; but it is done hardly in two months.

Rest of the time only outer wash, It takes around 1hr. This includes only exterior with tyres and nothing else, not even opening the door!

I have to take buckets of water from my house to the car(DZire) on the main road. That takes more time. For Bikes, I can wash them out side my house and once a month. inside the house in the corridoor, with pipes and all.

Last edited:
As winter has arrived so i have noticed my car gets less dirty now. I wash my swift by myself and it takes around 45-60mins and i do it on alternate days. During weekend, i give special time for cleaning - inside & exterior. I take two buckets, one for only wetting the body and one

We bought our white swift in September but i am so frustrated on myself because i haven't taken it for rubbing(which i assume is essential) to keep my paint as good as new.

Btw i will be getting these things soon :)

California Car Duster Company - The Original California MicroMitt
California Car Duster Company - The Original California Dry Blade
California Car Duster Company - The Original California MicroFiber Clean & Polish Towel

I also have plans to buy jopasu car duster from ebay.

These things make our work really simple :P

for me it may take a day for my small punto.

i do clean once in a month or more but i do it by removing wheels and everything else which i can remove makes my cleaning part easy but putting it all back into right place is, omg!!!

my brother takes 3 hours to cleans his honda activa in process scooter simply disappears into spare parts.!!!

it seems he inherited it from me [glasses]

Last edited by a moderator:
for me it may take a day for my small punto.

i do clean once in a month or more ..but i do it by removing wheels and everything else which i can remove makes my cleaning part easy but putting it all back into right place is ....omg!!!

[glasses]
Jayadev then you will have to go for wheel alignment everytime.
Better don't follow this practise.
As anything can happen if the nut's are not fixed properly.
Just a pressure wash to tyre will do the job.

thanx for that i will take care of it.
well i thought removing tyres makes easy to clean those under wheel arches and brake assy.

kerala is realy muddy and roads i use, omg, when are they going put some metal on it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom