How Long Will the Ford Fiesta Classic Last?

350Z

Core Team
But whether Ford is really keen on replacing Classic in India? Its doing well to them without any additional efforts [thinking]
I don’t think that Ford will fiddle with Fiesta Classic till next few years unless they find a replacement capable enough which has at least one worth USP for this segment. Or if all of sudden the sales of Classic drop for some reason in future. Ford sales persons are safely assuming that it will continue for minimum next 3 – 5 Years. But chances are that it might receive a makeover / facelift during the period though just to keep up with the trend.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I don’t think that Ford will fiddle with Fiesta Classic till next few years unless they find a replacement capable enough which has at least one worth USP for this segment. Or if all of sudden the sales of Classic drop for some reason in future. Ford sales persons are safely assuming that it will continue for minimum next 3 – 5 Years. But chances are that it might receive a makeover / facelift during the period though just to keep up with the trend.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Sorry to revive a 4 year old thread. I am seriously looking to buy a petrol sedan under the 8 lakh price bracket. The options I have considered are toyota etios G, tata zest xms, ford classic 1.6 titanium( good offers on titanium bringing the OTR price down). I can wait for another one or two months but the driving dynamics of ford classic and fun to drive handling is luring me towards it. My concerns are 1)figo aspire is just round the corner 2) classic may be phased out , if not the diesel atleast the petrol variant. 3) long term durability for which toyota is usually known for 4) ford's A$$ 5)Mileage

Last edited:
Really sorry to say,ford fiesta classic will be discontinued when figo sedan is launched.
From Ofiicials at Ford shoroom.
They are giving huge discount for existing model -70k.
The tentative launch for the figo aspire is near june this year. 70K is a mouth watering deal but not sure if its worth the risk going for it. I visited a ford showroom in march last month. They only have diesel models and she just said you can come when you want to buy we will close the deal by giving me a handout of the rates [frustration] with the 1.6 titanium at 8 lakhs !!! The showroom didn't had enough space to park the ecosport cars for delivery. The confusion prevails.

No need to worry with spares for fiesta , as i have experience with friend's ikon which was bought after it was discontinued.
Anyways Ford is a car only for enthusiast,not for one looking for resale value.

No need to worry with spares for fiesta , as i have experience with friend's ikon which was bought after it was discontinued.
Anyways Ford is a car only for enthusiast,not for one looking for resale value.
Resale value has never been an issue for me personally, because buying a car to sell it a better price doesn't pertain to the fact of enjoying the car as a owner. Considering ford classic that too only petrol has been because it is a fun to drive car. The availability of spares is assuring to me and thanks for sharing the info.

350Z

Core Team
Sorry to revive a 4 year old thread. I am seriously looking to buy a petrol sedan under the 8 lakh price bracket. The options I have considered are toyota etios G, tata zest xms, ford classic 1.6 titanium( good offers on titanium bringing the OTR price down).
Hi Kishore. Heartiest welcome aboard to The Automotive India. :smile:

I can wait for another one or two months but the driving dynamics of ford classic and fun to drive handling is luring me towards it.
Figo Aspire will launch in next couple of months (around June) and there’s no reason why you shouldn't wait for it. Being a Ford, I'd expect it to be driver oriented.

My concerns are 1)figo aspire is just round the corner 2) classic may be phased out , if not the diesel atleast the petrol variant.
Go ahead with Classic only if you've already set your mind on it solely for the driving dynamics. Just remember that it’s a decade old model and on verge of getting discontinued. Good news is that now is the best time to buy one for massive discounts. Hypothetically speaking, considering low sales, dealerships might have a few units left post Figo Aspire’s launch which could help you choose better. Though it’s purely an assumption. Anyways my take: wait for Figo Aspire.

3) long term durability for which toyota is usually known for 4) ford's A$$
What's the concern with Ford's reliability and after sales?

My 1.6 manages to deliver around 10 – 12 Kmpl under mixed driving conditions (cities + expressway commute).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Kishore. Heartiest welcome aboard to The Automotive India. :smile:

Figo Aspire will launch in next couple of months (around June) and there’s no reason why you shouldn't wait for it. Being a Ford, I'd expect it to be driver oriented.

Go ahead with Classic only if you've already set your mind on it solely for the driving dynamics. Just remember that it’s a decade old model and on verge of getting discontinued. Good news is that now is the best time to buy one for massive discounts. Hypothetically speaking, considering low sales, dealerships might have a few units left post Figo Aspire’s launch which could help you choose better. Though it’s purely an assumption. Anyways my take: wait for Figo Aspire.

What's the concern with Ford's reliability and after sales?

My 1.6 manages to deliver around 10 – 12 Kmpl under mixed driving conditions (cities + expressway commute).

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks for your wishes. I have been an avid reader of TAI for many days and I am quite happy to be a part of this family.

In hyderabad, there have been a few complaints that ford guys don't repair and they just replace. Haven't experienced anything yet.

Even I had the same thing in mind with respect to discounts [:)]

Now waiting for ford aspire would keep me in a win-win situation. I would be getting a much better discount once the launch date is finalised and if it doesn't work out then I can go for a aspire anyhow. [clap]

Its because of the fact that, ford is a better car in diesel avatar- you get 2 variety of engine options- 1.4,1.5.
In petrol you have- 1.1L Ecoboost,1.2L,1.6 L,1.8L(Discontinued).
If the ford aspire gets launched with the 1.1 L Ecoboost engine, then it would be a great combo. The tdci is one of the best diesel engines as you have rightly mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
In hyderabad, there have been a few complaints that ford guys don't repair and they just replace. Haven't experienced anything yet.
That's a common case with workshops of all manufacturers as their major profit comes from commission earned through selling parts instead of regular servicing or repair. You have to be aware about the issue beforehand to avoid being duped and haggle with them. Here's the link to my ownership review with maintenance costs: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-fiesta-classic-1-6-sxi-ownership-review.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z

If you are going to keep the ride for quite a long time,ford is a good option.Mainly-
1.Normal service cost TDci- 2500-4000
2.Service at 70k km- 40000 INR, engine reconditioning.Again vehicle reliability extended to 120000 km.
3.Only some brands are there which proves best in Diesel cars- toyota,ford,have set their benchmark in that.

All will be thinking about Hyundai's Luxury interiors and gadgets,but i am not hurting hyundai guys or hyundai owners,hyundai diesel is not as fuss free as ford.

Hyundai always fetches a better resale value as they upgrade to newer facelifts.
In ford facelift is less ,they discontinue existing model,start as fresh

If you are going to keep the ride for quite a long time,ford is a good option.Mainly-
1.Normal service cost TDci- 2500-4000
2.Service at 70k km- 40000 INR, engine reconditioning.Again vehicle reliability extended to 120000 km.
3.Only some brands are there which proves best in Diesel cars- toyota,ford,have set their benchmark in that.

All will be thinking about Hyundai's Luxury interiors and gadgets,but i am not hurting hyundai guys or hyundai owners,hyundai diesel is not as fuss free as ford.

Hyundai always fetches a better resale value as they upgrade to newer facelifts.
In ford facelift is less ,they discontinue existing model,start as fresh
Except for the good old santro and hyundai accent I don't find a single hyundai which has stood the test of time. Emphasis is more on looks and interiors rather than the mechanicals. I am actually looking for the ford 1.6 petrol and not the tdci as the tdci titanium variant is costing me a lakh more than my budget.
As of now there are no discounts or offers going on the classic and I need to see if anything would work out in my favour.

Don't know,if it is by the word of mouth or simply misfortune,"reliability","resale" all these terms go downside in any non maruti car. Personally I feel ford fiesta classic was like built for India.Its so nice that its standing the testing conditions.None of the other new generation sedans could withstand competition this much.My experience was very nice with the car was good and the "replacement" issue is also not to be cared for.For a car which lives on performance,its not reliable to put repaired parts.Its so simple.

For the purchase,would suggest you to go for the new version.

Mr. Vishnu, I understood what you said. From ownership reviews I have found out that owners are getting mileage from 9kmpl to 16kmpl based on driving and road conditions. I need to shell out one lakh more for the tdci titanium variant and at max it would take me atleast 4 years to recover that amount as I intend to use the car for 8000-9000 kms per year.
Mr. General Max, did you mean the ford figo aspire by the "new version" ?

Top Bottom