How Long Did Your Car’s Tyres Last?

After reading these post, I feel

People are happy with Michelin tyres and Bridgestone with some mixed feelings, can any body through their experience about these

My M800's tires. Presently running on 3rd set.

1st set : Ceat (came with car) Just 30k kms. (the worst
tires, many punctures, cracks on the side wall)
Tube Type

2nd Set : Good year : I used 40k, it could still run 5k, upgraded to alloys.
Tube Type

3rd set : Presently running on good year : finished 22k kms.
Tube Less

@ saishibu, recenlty I caught TASS morons , they charged and mentioned in the bill about the' tyre rotation done'. But It was not done.
They can really spoil Tatas reputation due their laziness. they seems to be just unaware of engineering related to the wheels.

@350 z, which is your brand, and which one you are likely to for?
engine work is ok here with TASS. but other than that [frustration]

From my personal experience; depends on the rubber type of the tyre. For example on a combined city-highway travel profile (70%-30%) in India, normal MRFs would last about 48 to 50K kms, however softer rubber tyres (more grip, lesser noise ones like Michelin, Yoko etc.) generally last 38-42K kms.

There would be variations off course depending upon roads, tyre age and driving style, but this has been my experience till now.

Thread Starter #22

350Z

Core Team
Nice thread Vibhor, I think we should follow a format for the posts like the below where I write my experience with tyres
Good idea. I will add mine after purchasing the new set.

@350 z, which is your brand, and which one you are likely to for?
My 800 is running on stock JK Ultima XP Tyres. I’m considering Michelin XM2 but quite suspicious about their life as my usage is on mixed terrain.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@ 350 z, my father is using xm2 on wagonr, on mixed terrian. They are asymetric, road grip is superb, and on muddy rural road and in farms also they are wonderful.

lookwise, mischelin are better than bridgestone.imo.

My 800 is running on stock JK Ultima XP Tyres. I’m considering Michelin XM2 but quite suspicious about their life as my usage is on mixed terrain.

Drive Safe,
350Z
In that case, my experience when I see lot of my relatives who live in town side where they have mixed driving into nearby villages,within the town and some times to city and most of them use MRF or Good year[:)]

Car: Ritz VDI 2009
Tyres: JK Tornado(stock)
Kms Done: 75k+

Due for a change in another 5k kms. Although it can still go for another 10k kms but i will replace them as it will be too risky.

:lol!:@fusion_defusion, it seems , tires are living by its name.Tornado

75kkm is unbelievable, only ' taxi premium yokohama' were known for such running.

Can you please give brief account of driving style, roads , rotations, loads, punctures , ride comfort, driving comfort , braking etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Car: Zen Estilo 2007
Tyres: Earlier, MRF (stock) and changed to Michelin last year (Aug) - XM1+.
Kms Done: On MRF around 58K KMS.
Reason for change: Completed 4 years and ideally one should change tyres at/around 4 years.

Experience on MRF / Michelin: MRF tyres were good and I thought they were better tyres but when I switched to Michelin. I experienced diffenent type of comfort and breacking distance reduced significantely.

Thread Starter #29

350Z

Core Team
Reason for change: Completed 4 years and ideally one should change tyres at/around 4 years.
There’s no hard and fast rule that the tyres should be changed after 4 Years. However, it’s better to swap if they show signs of ageing. At most the tyres can be used upto 8 to 10 Years if in acceptable condition. Mine still have a fair amount of tread left but I don’t want to risk with them any further considering their age.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I changed my Alto Lxi (Jun 2005) MRF zvts tyres after 50,800 kms and after 7 years.

Reason for change - actually I felt like tyres slipped on breaking couple of times and hence changed. Even I saw some life still left in the tyres but doesn't want to take chance that too in breaking. Showroom guy suggested that it can go for another 4-5k kms.

Top Bottom