How Long Did Your Car’s Tyres Last?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
How long did the previous set of tyres of your car last? My ride is approaching 38,000 Kilometers and still running on stock tyres after almost a decade of travelling on different kind of terrain. From neat stretches of New Delhi to some of the worst roads in Uttar Pradesh. It’s high time now they require a replacement. Just thought to check what’s been the trend with other rides here.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice thread Vibhor, I think we should follow a format for the posts like the below where I write my experience with tyres

Car model : Maruti 800 MPI, 2006
Stock Tyres : Appolo Amazer
Tyres Changed at KMs : 40000
Reason for change : Uneven worn out due to negligence sometimes getting wheel balance and alignment sometimes, hard braking and also Apollo seems bit very soft rubber to me
New Tyres installed : MRF ZCC
Experience with new tyres : They are really different from Apollo and very good grip

Hai vibhor
My fiesta's tyre was MRF One which has done 33k in 4 years.
And now replaced that to yokohama A Drive and done some 5 k in 6 months.
And i have upgraded the tyre size from 175/65 R14 to 195/60 R14.
Please check the pictures in my thread about changing tyre "shoes for fiesta".
After upgrading
Increased braking
Road grip is more.
Doing 160 feels more comfy.
No mielage drop.

Maruti Swift Vxi 2006 model
Stock tyres : JK Tornado
Used for 45k kms and still had arnd 35% of life remaining.
Now have upgraded to alloys and nankang tyres and could instantly make out the improvement in grip and handling.

Maruti wagonrlx bs2 2004, stock jk tyres, changed after 38000 km, reason too much noise, adviced by SA. Got bridgestone ran 50 kkm.

Tata indigo ls , stock jk or apolo ran 40 kkm reason tread wear, changed to bridgestone lasted 45 kkm, reason tread wear, repeated punctures, again went for bridgestone sold the car after 35 kkm.

Wagonr bs3 vxi, stock mrf lasted 40kkm, reason poorest ever ride quality and comfort, repeated punctures, changed to mischelin xm2, result ed in superb ride quality, road grip since last 10 kkm.

Manza, stock bridgestone, running well for last 22 kkm.

@ saishibu, recenlty I caught TASS morons , they charged and mentioned in the bill about the' tyre rotation done'. But It was not done.
They can really spoil Tatas reputation due their laziness. they seems to be just unaware of engineering related to the wheels.

@350 z, which is your brand, and which one you are likely to for?

Car model : Honda Civic 2006
Stock Tyres : Goodyear something or the other
Tyres Changed at KMs : 54,000
Reason for change : Worn out and needed to be changed.
New Tyres installed : Same Goodyear tires again. I was not there with dad when he changed new tires or else would have gone for Bridgestone Turanza.
Experience with new tyres : Already used this model of tire since long time. Nothing extra ordinary. It is labeled as ECO tires. Grip is ok but it is too easy to reach the limitations on hard cornering. Tire noise is on higher side too.

• Car model: Maruti Alto LX
  • Stock Tyres: MRF ZVTS (Tube-type)
  • Tyres Changed at KMs: 30000
  • Reason for change: Worn out due to high running on bad roads.
  • New Tyres installed: Goodyear Ducaro Hi-Miller (Tubeless)
  • Experience with new tyres: Better than previous set. Has lesser tire noise however i feel Yokos would have been a better upgrade than these.

type_r, 54000 km, is too good, for good year man, It indicates good driving habits, and car care on time.IMO.
yea here my car doesnt run that much to wear the tyres out. Trying desperately to wear the current ones out as fast as possible [evil] to change to better Bridgestone Turanza!

type_r, 54000 km, is too good, for good year man, It indicates good driving habits, and car care on time.IMO.
yea here my car doesnt run that much to wear the tyres out. Trying desperately to wear the current ones out as fast as possible [evil] to change to better Bridgestone Turanza!
Guess, the good roads too play a vital role in the wearing of tires. My dad's car tires are running strong even after 40k Kms. Out of these 40k, almost 30-35k were on highways.

Honda Civic
Stock Tyre - Bridgestone
Mileage - 38k km
Reason for change - Wear + sidewall puncture

2nd Set - Bridgestone (same as stock)
Mileage - 46k km
Reason for change - Noise

Current tyre (3rd Set) - Michelin
Mileage - 22k

Top Bottom