How is Volkswagen Vento...

350Z

Core Team
Yesterday, I have talked to the OSL prestige Kolkata. They assured me of the services after sales. I clearly told them that VW services are not very encouraging in Mumbai, Bangalore or Ahmadabad. He told me that the services in Kolkata is different. it is three and half months waiting for vento black highline diesel.

There is another services of VW he mentioned. Kindly let me know if it is true. He told if any break-down happened during our journey midway, the VW people will assist within 1-2 hours. If the lag is not recoverable at that venue, they tow the vehicle to the service station and provide us a rental car to go. It is free of charge within the warranty period i.e. 2 years.
Most of the manufacturers offer on the spot pick-up services, at least during the period when car is under warranty. However, still confirm whether it is applicable after warranty expires or requires (paid) renewal.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #33
Can anyone let me know the VW services in Kolkata ???
I am going to book Diesel Highline on November...They said the black highline will be delivered after 3.5 months after booking...

350Z

Core Team
They said this service is free within warranty and payable after that.
Yes, means it’s same what I said in previous post. Once the warranty expires, you’ll have to pay to renew the on-the-spot pickup services.

Can anyone let me know the VW services in Kolkata ??? I am going to book Diesel Highline on November...They said the black highline will be delivered after 3.5 months after booking...
Sadly, there are not many members from Kolkata here. To get a clear idea, I’d recommend visiting Volkswagen’s workshop casually on a weekend and ask other Volkswagen owners about their experiences with car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #35
ilango[speed thirst];50029 said:
Petrol or diesel ?
its your main confusion i hope.
In any car a petrol is trouble free car than a diesel. though modern day diesel is sophisticated , it cant score over a gasoline engine.
Your running will be a 2000 kms per month.
how many years do you plan to keep the car.
if its around 4 years you can get a diesel
else i suggest a petrol - though diesel will be torquey , you have piece of mind in petrol
!!!
I would like to keep the car for at least 5-10 years unless I can buy a higher model like BMW or Mercedes. Kindly let me know.

Moreover, everyone says that a diesel car needs more maintenance .. What maintenance is required exactly. How much will be approximate cost per month. I am a novice in this field. Please help me.

Almost all manufacturers offers 24*7 on road assistance. When i enquired about Jetta they assured me of the same offer and said they would even book a room at a luxury hotel nearby if the repair work is major![thumbsup]

Sadly as 350Z said we don have much users from your place. As 350Z suggested just pay a casual visit to the workshop once and enquire the other fellow car owners present about the service and costs.

Actually more maintenance is not required. The maintenance cost of a diesel car is high! A general service for a petrol costs around Rs.2-3k(even for Civic and Accord!) whereas for a diesel the service cost is something around Rs.5-6k and for high end cars it can cost even upto Rs.10-15k! For Vento it must be in the range between Rs.5-6k for general service. The cost of spares of a diesel is also relatively high compared to a petrol. If you do some real calculations you can come to know maintaining and running a petrol and diesel car is both the same even if your car runs 1k kms a month!

In the end choose which you like! If you like driving a diesel car go ahead but just don go ahead with a diesel car keeping in mind the low running cost! The spares and maintenance of diesel are costly and in long term petrol cars are less trouble some than diesels and spares will be cheaper too for petrol!

Here is a simple calculation.

If you give any entry level petrol sedan for 1st paid servie your bill should be approx 3.5-4.5K

Where as diesl will cost you 1.5 times higher than petrol. You will end up spending 5.5K - 7K

This is just an simple calcuation, but the realtime bills will surely be different based on your driving style & use.

If you are more concentrated on ASS, then do visit your local service station before you book one.

Thread Starter #38
Thanks Brothers. The clarifications are very much helpful for a novice like me...
The service of Vento is once in a year...
Am I correct ?

The real problem is Kolkata is 200 kms away
from our city Asansol !!!

350Z

Core Team
For a newly established company in India like Volkswagen, after sales network is something you will have to adjust with, if you really like their car that much. But hopefully in near future, things will eventually get better. The service interval is one year or 15,000 Kms, which ever comes earlier.

Drive Safe,
350Z

And for your running you would have to service it every 7-8months i guess.

Now that's a big problem! Do you want to drive 200km just to service your car? Normal service is only after 15,000km but what happens if something goes wrong in your car and you have to drive 200km again just to fix it?! Servicing can be a bit cumbersome in your case. My advice is better go for a car whose Authorized service center is present in your place.

Though I disagree that Diesel cars have big maintenance cost than Petrol, I agree with cooldhaya, 200KM away service station is a big risk.

The maintenance cost difference in petrol and diesel is marginal and it will be easily offset by running cost.

RSM if you actually sit down and do a very detailed calculation you can easily find out that both petrol and diesel cars needs the same amount of money almost for maintenance and running.

Of course diesel is more economical only if the car is extremely reliable and the running is more than 1.5k kms a month.

Now lets not move OT here , lets continue the discussion in the appropriate thread.[cheers]

Thread Starter #43
Dear brothers...I can feel the risk too, but volkswagen lures me with
its looks and performances...[frustration]

I have the following showrooms near by mahindra, hyundai and ford (50 kms away)
I would like to buy a diesel car for long runs...Could you people suggest a better hasslefree car for me, please...

Okay.

You have two options now.

Hyundai i20 & Ford Figo.

Both are good cars, Figo is good & VFM.

Hyundai is bit of luxury but performance at high speed is some what bad.

Dear brothers...I can feel the risk too, but volkswagen lures me with
its looks and performances...[frustration]

I have the following showrooms near by mahindra, hyundai and ford (50 kms away)
I would like to buy a diesel car for long runs...Could you people suggest a better hasslefree car for me, please...
Dont you have any fiat showroom near your place? I believe you want to buy
a diesel sedan and the manufacturers you have mentioned dont have many
sedan options for you.

From the list, i would suggest you a ford fiesta. Fiesta is a great performer,
however you will have to sacrifice some amount of comfort since the rear
seats are a bit cramped.

Top Bottom