How is Volkswagen Vento...

For his driving diesel will prove to be economical. Choices are Fiesta , Verna , Vento and Linea.

If ready to adjust with petrol then maybe City or SX4.

Thread Starter #18
thanks guys....
kindly let me know if you people feel it is very expensive to maintain VW, in comparison to ford or any other brand...

Thread Starter #19
Okay, well, looking at your requirements, a diesel fits the bill. The Vento, to be honest, is a Polo with a boot. The 'Dzire' of Volkswagen as some may call it.

Now, you must know that there is a huge difference between the prices of the variants. The lower variant that is the Trendline costs, 8.9 lakhs ex-showroom Kolkata. Whereas, the Highline costs 10.19 lakhs. Now for a premium of 1 lakh 20 thousand bucks, you get

1. Climate control
  2. Alloy wheels
  3. Fog lamps
  4. ABS

Alternatively, you can test drive the Verna.

Cheers!

Arun

Hi Arun..do you feel the diesel highline is worth the extra amount ? [confused]

My pick would be Linea for reasons already mentioned.
Its safe, loaded to the grills, fuel efficient and has a superb mid range performance.
20-80 in 3rd gear and 40-100 in 4th gear timings are faster than even the 150bhp cruze!

How FE is vento diesel within city.... ???
Can anyone give real fact ??? :suspect:
Drivability of engine is awesome in dead traffic.

You wont feel much lag as the turbo kicks in at right time.

Expect anything around 14kmpl in City & 20kmpl in Highways. Based on your driving style!

Thread Starter #24
The ford people are worthless here... I am doubtful of the vento people too....
Could you people give me an idea of the After sales service of VW, Kolkata ?

The best person to answer that will be your dealer in Kolkata. Also just enquire any VW owner to know about the A.S.S in your place.

Also try getting the spare parts price list from your dealer. Upon insisting my VW dealer din give the complete price list but gave the prices of some of the parts for Jetta.

we have one dealer here for VW and their staff, support is pathetic, very rude and dont care attitude.Supplies are big issues for cars as well as spares, a friend had a problem with his new polo and yet 3 weeks, no sign of parts reaching dealer.
I guess new establishment would take some time to settle down.

Strange , here in Chennai i find the staff to be really courteous and from reports i find A.S.S in Chennai to be good.

but like you said new establishment will take some time , maybe after a year they will iron out all the issues!

my friend was so pissed off with two dealers one of VW and one of Toyota that he sweared never to go to them or recommend.

Thats strange again , Toyota dealers here again are so courteous and i have never heard people complaining about them!

Finally it all boils down to the dealer's attitude! A good dealer will stand by the customer in all the troubles the owner faces.

Thread Starter #30
Yesterday, I have talked to the OSL prestige Kolkata. They assured me of the services after sales. I clearly told them that VW services are not very encouraging in Mumbai, Bangalore or Ahmadabad. He told me that the services in Kolkata is different. it is three and half months waiting for vento black highline diesel.

There is another services of VW he mentioned. Kindly let me know if it is true. He told if any break-down happened during our journey midway, the VW people will assist within 1-2 hours. If the lag is not recoverable at that venue, they tow the vehicle to the service station and provide us a rental car to go. It is free of charge within the warranty period i.e. 2 years.

Top Bottom