How is Volkswagen Vento...

Okay since you have mentioned hassle-free car i will suggest Verna CRDI then! I have one and no repairs so far till now , clocked close to 40k kms now.

No TATA-Fiat showrooms near your place? If you have one then you can try Punto and Linea too.

If you are okay with hatches i20 is also a great choice but highspeed handling is not as good as VW!

Thread Starter #47
Hi Cooldhaya.
We do not have fiat nearby. Again a 100 kms away !!! [frustration]
Tata is there. But I do not like Tata or Maruti. Verna is really a good option. I was thinking of Logan. Mahindra...DLS-ABS. Could you people put some lights on it ???

Hi Cooldhaya.
We do not have fiat nearby. Again a 100 kms away !!! [frustration]
Tata is there. But I do not like Tata or Maruti. Verna is really a good option. I was thinking of Logan. Mahindra...DLS-ABS. Could you people put some lights on it ???
Hi Saptarshi, Mahindra Logan is a very good option.
They have launched a new graphic version.
Looks good, And Mahindra is very well established in Asansol.
So it would be a better choice to go with Logan.
Instead of going for VW which doesn't has dealership at your place.
The Logan looks small from outside.
I have sat personally in a Logan & driven it.
I am 6 foot tall & its comfortable to me.
And the boot is also spacious.
Very comfy car to drive.
Go ahead is my suggestion.

Yes Logan is a good car indeed but i have heard spares are a bit costly for Logan! In addition to that it looks dated , not much appealing and is being used as cabs all over India. I would personally never buy such a car though i again Logan is a good car indeed! Like Mukesh said its spacious and comfortable.

I would still say go ahead with Verna! Extremely reliable , great performer in highways , excellent FE , cheaper spares(compared to Vento and Logan).

Or on the other hand why not Scorpio?

Yes i know Mukesh. But the reason why i suggested Scorpio is he has mentioned frequent long trips! An SUV offers more space , comfort and safety than the sedans he has considered now. As Mahindra's A.S.S is nearby his place i suggested him Scorpio.

Lets wait for his response!

@dhaya: i go with ur point on the SUV but saptarshi seems biased on a sedan.

@saptarshi. read an article in net today. One point was on the pricing of Etios sedan to be launched by this month. Toyota India MD had hinted that Etios Sedan will be around the price range of an Indigo Manza diesel.

if that is true by any means, be it petrol or diesel, you could go for Etios. You ll get yourself a reliable Toyota, spares not as costly as a VW. car will definitely be hassle free for 2 to 3 lakh kms.

just give it a thought.[glasses]

i agree with you HS, wait till toyota comes out with their entry level diesel sedan Etios, would be pretty close to its competitors which could well be your car.

What I beleive from my own experience is that : " After ur warranty is expired, you may opt for extended warranty at a nominal cost and also for renewal of roadside assistance - you need to just pay 3333 for getting it " imagine at such a competitive price you can get all the benefits that you want....

Top Bottom