How Fast Have You Gone On Your Ride??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Franky you must be real lucky to have drive all these rides! Happy to see both my cars on your list , Verna CRDI 180kmph great i have gone upto 185kmph speedo indicated but 3L dicor Safari is capable of more than 120kmph surely ,i have done 160kmph in ECR!

The speeds posted above is not the max speed of the cars but the max i have done in various conditions.

Verna had more juice in it but it was a state highway and the road was a bit bouncy.
Safari was in LEH ,mud roads ,you know how the roads are ,120 itself was sucidal.

OMG!!! Any cars left in thet list dude? [lol]

BTW i have done

Sumo -> 100Km
Palio sport -> 175Km
Fiesta -> 165.

350Z

Core Team
It’s a nice figure but what’s tempting me more is the beautiful clean stretch!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Wow great RSM. You couldn go more than 160 or your Punto couldn go more?

@ 350Z Such straight stretchs are common in ECR , GST and Bangalore highway where a Bmw or a Merc can even reach 250kmph!

Guys, Dont you ever feel saying that you have done more than twice and thrice the allowed speed limit on public roads on a public forum is like saying in other words 'I plead guilty, Punish me.'? I dont get it, Many people black out their number plates when they post pictures, but have no problem in posting a picture of them speeding. It is illegal to do speeds above the speed limits which is mostly 80kmph for cars.

It is absolute lunacy to drive in excess of 160kmph and then take pictures of it by yourself. Its even dangerous to let someone put the camera in front of you to take the picture none the less. And then some of you guys are fiddling with a cell phone or camera to take a picture and driving at the same time. See no one is going to say you did not do it. Its not such a big feat even, Remember always- Anyone with a heavy foot can speed and hit the limiter, But its how fast you are able to stop that counts,Always! One bad moment and it could change your whole life for ever.

Today I was doing around 55kmph in my Alto on the way back home after work, At that time three cats, one after the other ran across. I braked hard, The car was having the stock Apollo tyres and the car took more than 35 meters to stop. I saw one of the cats roll on the road and somehow it jumped up and ran away. I dont know whether I ran over it, But I guess I hit it. If it were a kid or a person. I dont want to even dream of it.[surprise] I almost never do more than 80kmph these days in my Alto. Its getting more and more risky.

And I dont think anyone said here that you need evidence to state your claim. So please stop fiddling with the camera at least while doing serious speeds on public roads which is illegal and an offence in the first place, Its a request. We dont have any more open roads like before and with so many people driving crazy all at once, Its better to stick to reasonable speeds.

If at all you want to drive pedal to the metal, Then find a closed circuit or an air strip like the one in Jakkur in Bangalore. Use a helmet even in a car and buckle up while at it as well.

I posted most of my high speed runs at rallies and races. I used to speed on public roads more than 15 years back and now I realize that it was stupid of me and is no more safe to do. So I've decided not to do in excess of 100kmph even in an emergency. Simple reason is that there is too much chaotic traffic now than back in the days.

Last edited:
Remember always- Anyone with a heavy foot can speed and hit the limiter, But its how fast you are able to stop that counts,Always!
Well said Jalex. You hit the nail on the head!

It is a mixture of curiosity, the adrenaline, good road and a good car, makes one try touching the top speed. More often than not its the 'show-off' factor, either to friends or girl friends, that pushes someone to try a stunt or two. Honestly, I have been through this phase too. However, over a period of time, I have learnt that it does not take me anywhere. Just want to share this observation.

During my recent trip to Goa, I calculated the time and distance for 1KM. I constantly did 90Km/hr and I was covering 1KM at 40 Seconds. I reached Hubli in 7 hours, including one 45 minute brk for dinner and a 30 minute brk for tea.

The outcome : Dint have to screech stop sighting a divider or pot-hole, everyone had a good time talking, enjoying the music (if you're doing high speeds, I'm sure there is pin-drop silence) and an excellent FE.

From my experience, enjoy high speeds only if you are a 110% (not 100) sure if the roads are safe to do it and in city limits. How often have you come across this :

You're travelling at say 120Km/hr and you spot a pedestrian way ahead of you and he just puts his left leg out. Doesn't it get you worried and stress you out?

Enjoy driving more than enjoying the speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ikon 1.6 Sxi - 155 kmph
same ikon driven by Ilango - 170 kmph
Baleno - 145 kmph (was new to cars then[;)])
Pulsar 150 DTSi UG II - 114 kmph
Pulsar 200 (friend's ride) - 122 kmph
Bajaj Spirit (now sold) - 73+ kmph[evil]

I have done 145 in my Zen and 160 in my Indica.The Zen reaches 140+ in no time but Indica is bit sluggish when compared to Zen.Always Petrol rocks than diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom