How Fast Have You Gone On Your Ride??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi all ,How fast have you gone in your vehicle?
This Speed was done at MYSORE-MADIKERI highway,with luggage on top With 7 onboard.
Posting some pics of my ODO (mHawk Mist Silver)
mukeshus.

Attachments

Great Speed Mukesh!

I have pesonally done max of 150 in my i10 with fully loaded (5 people with full load in my munnar trip).

My personal max speed (self) in my car is 165 on the Speedo :)

NOTE: Don't drive at high speeds & try to take photos to put it here. Dont take risk in over-crowded areas, Drive Safe. Follow Traffic Rules.

Thread Starter #3
Great Speed Mukesh!

NOTE: Don't drive at high speeds & try to take photos to put it here. Dont take risk in over-crowded areas, Drive Safe. Follow Traffic Rules.
Hey No dude.
I was no way taking Pics, My brother sitting beside me took the pics.

My top speed.

I have crossed 180+ in my Verna once,and 160+ has become an usual speed on ECR.
I haven't driven my accent to the limit,i managed 150 and crossed 160+ once.
My brother did cross 190 once,when i was with him in his car.

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
I have crossed 180+ in my Verna once,and 160+ has become an usual speed on ECR.
I haven't driven my accent to the limit,i managed 150 and crossed 160+ once.
My brother did cross 190 once,when i was with him in his car.
Cool And great pics.
How about handling of the car at those speeds?[evil]

Last edited by a moderator:
mukeshus,thanks.
I have tried once for 150+ in my brother's skoda octavia rider.He usually drives in ECR at around 180+,I have been with him a few times.
I used to get butterflies in my stomach,when i sit with my brother in any car,when he is driving.He drives very fast and has control of his driving at very high speeds.He judges the turns and the over taking maneuvers exactly at the right speed and perfect control.

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
mukeshus,thanks.
I have tried once for 150+ in my brother's skoda octavia rider.he usually drives in ecr at around 180+,i have been with him a few times.
I used to get butterflies in my stomach,when i sit with my brother in any car,when he is driving.he drives very fast and has control of his driving at very high speeds.he judges the turns and the over taking maneuvers exactly at the right speed and perfect control.
happy motoring. Have a safe drive.
buckle up.

Have done a speedo indicated 185 in my Fabia, but I guess there was some optimistic reading there!!
No photos though.

Like I said, speedo indicated, and maybe on a slightly downhill slope on the Mumbai Pune expressway.
But it was real fun while it lasted.
Have a snap taken by a friend at 165 kmph, but am not able to locate it right now.

I have done 180+kmph in my Verna CRDI!! Have a picture of only 160+kmph though as i was alone when crossing 180+!! This was done with A/C on only , without A/C i think it gets very scary due to the heavy winds! The handling was not that great at that speed , the steering was very light and the steering wheel started to vibrate when braking at those speeds!! The suspension of the Verna is the main problem here , at such speeds even a small bump will jolt up the car completely!

Have done 160kmph in my Safari once in ECR!! Here i would say the car was rock steady and my fiends were sleeping in the car without knowing i was speeding and the noise was also minimal! The car was loaded with 7 people and A/C on!! You will not feel that you are doing 150+ , here also the steering wheel becomes very light but still it was good and not like Verna! You will feel confident to drive at that speeds!! But the steering wheel vibrates at those speeds and braking at those speeds is also scary!! But the suspension is great here! It absorbs almost everything even at such speeds!!

But i would highly recommend not to drive at those regularly , just once in a while is okay but still very risky! Our roads are not designed for such speeds!!

Last edited:
I have done 145 in my Uno and 165 in my Petra. The Uno would not go faster than that and I did not try to push the Petra any further. In the UK I did 190 in an Audi 80.

How come you click on drive!

My best are 155+ in innova

and 145+ in my marina

115+ in a new 800- I emptied its tank in just pondy-madras-pondy trip.

145+ in old 2.6 non crdi(turbo) scorpio.

And 115 in my apache 150.

Everytime i am bad in cam , once while i was at 140 in marina , i have captured a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO-vELTbMT8

Once at 120+ speed , there was some rattling sound , reason was door was not locked properly, i opened the door at that speed , of the car had a cool body roll , man the power of wind was amazing.

Note : Do not try this.

ilango[speed thirst];24342 said:
My best are 155+ in innova
Have done an indicated 160 in my wife's Innova, on the Del-Chd route.
Pretty stable too, since I had one sleeping wife and two sleeping kids for company!!

Done 150 odd in a diesel Swift.

Fastest on my bike was indicated 119 on the Pulsar. But again, that was on a slight downward slope, on the Mumbai Blore Highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom