How Fast Have You Gone On Your Ride??

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jalex. It matters where they achieve this speed. Obviously a Scorpio can't do 150 inside city. Obviously a Scorpio can't do 100 in winding road. And even a Scorpio can't do 80 where your Alto can't do 80.

@jalex. It matters where they achieve this speed. Obviously a Scorpio can't do 150 inside city. Obviously a Scorpio can't do 100 in winding road. And even a Scorpio can't do 80 where your Alto can't do 80.
Well yes of course its pretty too obvious that a scorpio cant do 150kmph in a city even if someone wanted to. Even an F1 car might not be able to do that. Whatever be the condition, save on a closed circuit, doing something like 150kmph on Indian roads or highways for that matter is something that can make the Grim Reaper start to smile.

What I said is what I learnt from my experiences and in accordance with the law. See when I was a teenager, I couldn't understand why they had to put an 80 kmph speed limit (Its further restricted for us here in Kerala to 70 kmph). I used to say that the 25 kmph in front of schools was a printing mistake in the Motor Vehicles Act. I said come on, Kids can run faster. Well over the years you learn why things are so enforced, Thank God I didn't have to pay for it the hard way, losing life or limb.

The only thing about the speed limits that I find now as a practical joke is the 50 kmph limit for all motorcycles starting from a moped to the super bikes. They can make it at least 65 kmph if not 70kmph.

The risks while doing 120 kmph plus is huge. I mean have you considered the fact about the scorpio's or any average car's braking distance at that speed? Even if someone is doing a drag race in a Motorsport event on closed circuits with all safety equipment, a stray dog is all thats necessary to create havoc, More than one can imagine. I've seen lot of animals on rally speed sectors too. Its very dangerous and hard to negotiate at that time. National Rally champion, Naren Kumar hit a little boy in a speed sector a few years back. Even with his above average skills, He could not avoid the kid and the kid died on spot. The kid was with his dad and it was the third time they had come to see the event and so they knew about the risk, But still somehow he ran across suddenly and in a flash.. I still remember seeing Naren then, He was so shaken and was very sad. Remember the cars they use are ones with extra sticky compound tyres and the cars have almost double the handling and braking capabilities of a stock road going car. His car was doing around 150 kmph at the time if I remember correct.

See the thing is the right speed in the right condition, But we really dont have the right conditions to do that kind of speeds. Pedestrians even jump the barricading and cross the Golden Quadrilateral at times. I am sorry to say this, But 150kmph on any road here in our nation at the moment is asking for a disaster and absolute lunacy.

Last edited:
Pedestrians even jump the barricading and cross the Golden Quadrilateral at times

Even they brake the barricade sometimes and make way for two wheelers and all of a sudden a two wheeler will pop up from nowhere [frustration] .

I usually do 120 in my lancer that too in very lonely places.. (four way)
at very rare occasions reached 160-170 but after jalex posts I think it is good to avoid it .

Thank you jalex

yeah "maximas"
the lancer seating position is one hell tempting. No one is so good till now .

It actually hugs you. no no dont compare with modern day skoda laura!!!
i did a 180 near in the lancer with normal oils. after the synthetic oil , the rev seems so happy and tempting too. yet to check in synthetic !!

Just now returned home after a diesel uno to 130 .
it was a accident repair and this trial was carried out before delivary. which is today evening.

Well seeing the speeds above I"ll have to consider myself a sedate driver!
I have done 115kmph in our Maruti 800, 120kmph in our Manza(at the end of run-in [evil]) and about 85kmph in my bike :lol!:
And I was very much centred during those times, as a ad nowadays says: "Roads are filled with idiots" you never know...

I did 165 on my 2003 Old Honda City 1.3 on Jaipur expressway which connects Gurgaon & New Delhi. This was done early morning 3 AM. The car feels sturdy and the needle could have moved a bit more if the heavy trailer had not had a breakdown in between of the road.
Though a old engine have done more than 1.2 lakhs Kms still have the punch.

Yesterday tested top speed of my 90 BHP Grande Punto.

It was just short of 180 Km/Hr.

The car was quite steady & feel like it can go further, but the road condition did not allow us.

BTW: The car has already done 3000Km.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom