How Do You React on Road if Fault isn't Yours?

Thread Starter #1
UPDATE:

new scratches!! today a trucker just came and banged my car. my mom was driving and she saw the trucker reversing so she gave way by stopping on the side. but what did the trucker do? yes, he came and brushed my car. and then he tried to flee but I got out of the car and started to run after his truck. also some other guys on the road saw the incident so they came running with me to stop the truck guy. also my mom called the insurance guy and well he was on his way and I was trying to stop the trucker from running away until the insurance guy comes. After blocking his road, he decides to come to our car again. He inspects the damage and says," Oh, this is just a small bump. Driving a truck is a hard job and these kinds of scratches are just small and not worth the attention." My mom just was pissed at the moment and replied," If you don't know how to drive a truck then don't. You are just showing your incompetence in driving." The trucker was stunned. He started to scream at mom and saying some stuff like how dare she says something like that. luckily, my apartment's guard came running (the incident just happened a few feet from my apartment) and he had actually seen what had happened. so he also supported my mom. so the trucker decided to flee but that very moment, the insurance guy arrived. he stopped the trucker and asked some questions and noted down the number plate. later he came and did all the formalities and finally we went to police station. after 2 hours everything was done and i was back home still feeling sad. :(

Thread Starter #3
pictures will come later as i will have to take secretly because parents dont approve of taking pics of accidents. repair job is free because of insurance.

350Z

Core Team
UPDATE:

new scratches!! today a trucker just came and banged my car. my mom was driving and she saw the trucker reversing so she gave way by stopping on the side. but what did the trucker do? yes, he came and brushed my car. and then he tried to flee but I got out of the car and started to run after his truck. also some other guys on the road saw the incident so they came running with me to stop the truck guy. also my mom called the insurance guy and well he was on his way and I was trying to stop the trucker from running away until the insurance guy comes. After blocking his road, he decides to come to our car again. He inspects the damage and says," Oh, this is just a small bump. Driving a truck is a hard job and these kinds of scratches are just small and not worth the attention." My mom just was pissed at the moment and replied," If you don't know how to drive a truck then don't. You are just showing your incompetence in driving." The trucker was stunned. He started to scream at mom and saying some stuff like how dare she says something like that. luckily, my apartment's guard came running (the incident just happened a few feet from my apartment) and he had actually seen what had happened. so he also supported my mom. so the trucker decided to flee but that very moment, the insurance guy arrived. he stopped the trucker and asked some questions and noted down the number plate. later he came and did all the formalities and finally we went to police station. after 2 hours everything was done and i was back home still feeling sad. :(
Terrible incident. I know, at times, this could become practically impossible but we have to keep our calm and act tactfully. Where is the damage and how big is it, anyways?

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
PS: I am sure that many of us would have faced a similar experience. That is why a separate thread has been now created on this topic to share our experiences.

Drive Safe,
350Z

It's a relief to hear that insurance can be claimed without drama in your case type-r . Its in Thailand
right?

I'm really confused on how to react in such an incident. I guess its better for law to take its course in such situations. I tried to be a nice guy even when it was not my direct fault. But now I'm getting suspicious and dont think I did the right thing. Most of you had gone through the story I guess.

I'm posting the links of the incident till date:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...39-hoooonk-screeeech-baanngg-5.html#post60302

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...39-hoooonk-screeeech-baanngg-5.html#post60758

Last edited:
my reaction is totally depend on person . if its small thing like little bit of scratch or small dent on bumper then i don't say much . simply left saying be careful with your car or bike . i only had argument long ago when a guy hit my car from behind instead of saying Sorry . he started blaming me . our argument remained for 5min after which traffic police came . perfect for me i started playing my trick well he fall for it . In the end he paid me money later i paid 200 to traffic police [;)].

It depends ,
I am a kinda , you beat , i beat.

When the fault maker makes his first move , mine will be 2 moves ahead .

Like he uses 1 ok bad word , i use 2 ok bad word.
If he use 1 not ok bad work , i use 2 non ok bad word.

If he says sorry for his mistake , i'll walk away forgiving him , else if damage to my car is heavy , i ask for a compensation , to get ncb from insurance , else no problem , i'll seek help of insurance to repair.

The first thing i do when its my fault is to ask sorry!

First of all, glad to hear your mom is safe! That's first and foremost.
Don't mean to hijack your post - but I would like to know what happens another car or truck guy hits your car and flees. Is it enough just to note down his license number? What is insurance company' response in cases like these? Do these type of accidents have any impact on our existing insurance? This is in India, I mean.

Yes if its my fault i will ask Sorry a few times and try to calm the other driver.

But if its not my fault![evil]

I am pretty much like Ilango. I first assess the damage to my car. If its minimal i will just say drive carefully and move on. If its heavy damage i will ask for compensation. If the driver agrees to gives the compensation , no problems , issue solved! But in most cases people start playing the blame game and people start blaming you!

If a guy blames me for something which is not my mistake. First i will walk upto them and check the damage to their car and if its biker i will ask if they are okay. As soon as we ask this they will start blaming you. I will make him understand its not my fault. By this time a huge crowd will gather already and start blaming me and abusing me and they will even ask me to show my licence!

I said these words exactly once: I have a bloody F****** licence and i don have any necessity to show it to a fool like you! I said lets wait for the police and locked up my car.

If you happen to hit a lady driver then its hard to even convince the police!

Reaction should be situation dependent. However there is no point in yelling or fighting. This does not come to anyone's advantage.

I have seen many people shouting at each other and fighting. Many a times it just attracts the onlooker crowd and police are the only one who are benefited if the fighting gets intense.

350Z

Core Team
Re: How Would You React on Road, If the Fault isn't Yours?

In spite of staying calm, unfortunately not always it is possible to prevent from serious road rage cases taking place. This news report (below) is an apt example of same, which is currently the hottest topic of town. Just read it, and how would you react in such situations?

New Delhi, Jan 13 (IANS) The autopsy of restaurant manager Rajiv Jolly, who was killed in a road rage incident here two days ago, was conducted Thursday and police said they hoped to receive the report in a day or two. 'The post mortem was conducted today. We hope to get the preliminary report in one or two days. Once we get it, we will see what charges have to put against (Vikas) Agarwal,' a senior police officer said. Rajiv Jolly, manager of Amici restaurant in Khan Market, was crushed to death allegedly by Jet Airways pilot Vikas Agarwal's Ford Ikon in Khan Market Tuesday afternoon.

According to witnesses, Jolly was driving out of the market and Agarwal was entering it when the latter's Ford Ikon grazed the former's Hyundai i10. An angry Jolly alighted and entered into an argument with Agarwal. He grabbed the pilot's collar while he was still seated inside the car and slapped him. Agarwal tried to escape but Jolly hung on to the car's window. The pilot continued to move ahead and Jolly came under the wheels and was crushed to death, according to a police officer. A police team arrived at the spot and apprehended Agarwal, a resident of Patparganj in east Delhi. Jolly was rushed to Ram Manohar Lohia hospital where he was pronounced dead. The incident took place outside Axis Bank in Khan Market at 1.50 p.m., police said. Agarwal was granted bail Wednesday morning. He was charged under Section 279 (rash driving) and 304 A (causing death by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

Source: Sify
Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #14

that is quite sad, also quite saddening to know that these things happen.

This is what happens when we get into a rage!

Was sad to read the incident in paper last week!

Top Bottom