How Do You Avoid The Traffic?

How Do You Avoid The Traffic?

• Leave Early for Work

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Listen to Music

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Share Your Car / Do Car Pool

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Traveling distance to work is less (Less than 5 Km)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Any other idea (Please specify)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

On-Road Traffic is a regular feature on every single road of India and density is always on the higher side in every state and city. On a daily basis we encounter traffic jams and wait in long line for several minutes which often turn into an hour apart from that in that traffic there are some who have their pants on fire so they try to squeeze in between thereby obstructing the smooth flow and movement for others who are stuck. Hence to avoid loosing our calm because of traffic and certain "cartoons" I am sure everyone of us have a solution so as to deal with them. Like for me to avoid this traffic nuisance, I either speak to my friends or plug in earphones and listen to music or best of all, drink a diet Coke. So, how do you all deal with traffic on a daily basis? How to do you avoid getting stuck in traffic? What are your ideas? Please Share!

Regards

Akash

I leave early for work and return back early. [:D] For long distances (on highways), I mostly preferred early morning driving to avoid local traffic. I usually leave by ~4 AM on long drives.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I always check Google maps to get an idea of traffic before leaving for a distant place.

I was stuck in a jam for 30 minutes because of a marriage ceremony and wrong parking. Google showed a way through thin alleys and reached the destination.

Nice thread @Akash,

My guru mantra for life is, early to bed early to rise.

Office Commute : Start early, reach office at least an hour before.

City Commute : My trusted Shankar does the driving.

Highway Commute : Shankar and I share the drive, however he avoids giving the wheel to me.

I leave late for work and return late.
But the problem is that there is traffic from second shift people if I leave too late (both from home and office)
So, I have to time my commute between the general shift and the second shift traffic.

Don't drive, Simple!!

Just kidding. Before leaving for office, If I see the dark red line in Google Maps, I will do any of the below.

1. Just stay at home till it turns yellow.
2. Take the bike and zoom past all the cars that stuck in the jam!

I prefer 2nd option most of the times. What else you expect from a commoner like me? I don't have a driver and if I don't go for office, it will be an LoP. So as much as I hate driving bike, this is the best option for me.

There is no point in leaving early for me, because if there is some work, then I get stuck till it's over. So unless you guys I have to take immoral choice of riding bike and whooshing past cars even if I don't like it. Life is hard!!!!

Office Commute :-
Start early from home to office as traffic density is very thin in those hours. Try to leave office early around 4 pm or 5pm and reach home before traffic starts piling up.
If there is office transport available (like bus, cab) then do make use of it or do car pooling with fellow colleagues.

Highways:
Start early for the trips and pass through traffic red zones as early as possible.
Try to bypass the cities and towns on your way by taking slightly longer route.
With use of Google maps you can study the pattern of traffic which helps you to take any other alternate route

City drives:
Very less you can do to avoid traffic. Hence be clam, roll your windows up, put on the AC and listen to your favorite track or else do chit chat with the biker standing beside you about traffic, sad state of affairs, life etc [;)]

City Drives-
Do trips only in 2 wheelers.
I take car only if passengers are 3 or more and the climate is rainy or peak scorchy summer.

Highways-
I start at dawn -6am , the traffic develops at 830 at some points,that time i stop for breakfast.
Again resume the ride in slight traffic points till 1030,then the drive again becomes continous.

In trivandrum the best time to take car out is Sunday after 12pm[:)]

On week days - time between 11-1 and 230-4 is best.

I use bikes for distance less than 10 Kms else use car. Mostly I travel to office at 11 AM to 8 PM so the traffic is moving.
For other times where I do not have any way out I listen to music and have developed driving in traffic jam as one of my passion. Believe me helps out a lot ....

Earlier my office was 1 KM to my home. So I used to walk or by bike. No point of using car to office. Hardly in past 3 years I had taken my car 2 or 3 times to office, to attend some personal work after office.

Now I was with the same company but office building got changed which is 5 KMs from my home. One day I took my car, it took 45 min to travel this distance in car. As I need to use main road and main gate of my SEZ for car entrance the distance was 8 KM. If I use my bike and back gate of my SEZ it will be 5 KM and 7-8 min from my home. From then I lost interest in using car to office.

Only for weekend use and long trips, I will be using the car.

Office Commute : Start early, reach office at least an hour before.

City Commute : My trusted Shankar does the driving.
If I go to office one hour before the scheduled 10 am I will certainly find my chamber under lock and key and the caretaker is missing[:D].
I never took my car to office self driven because those who are Kolkata resident might understand the traffic situation near Sealdah Station during office hours. I am afraid it will certainly get some scratches. I still feel embarrassed before my colleagues that feel shaky to bring the car in office even after learning to drive[frustration].

If I go to office one hour before the scheduled 10 am I will certainly find my chamber under lock and key and the caretaker is missing[:D].
I never took my car to office self driven because those who are Kolkata resident might understand the traffic situation near Sealdah Station during office hours. I am afraid it will certainly get some scratches. I still feel embarrassed before my colleagues that feel shaky to bring the car in office even after learning to drive[frustration].
Scratches are the part of cars life, don't worry about it. Only be careful that you should not scratch somebody else [:D]. As the saying goes like "A ship is safe in Harbor, but that's not what ships are build for"

No way one can avoid traffic for Point-A to B drives, during office/school times and evenings in big cities.

Question can be "How can we reach office on time" or better "How do we retain sanity when stuck up in traffic".

Leaving early AND living nearby are answers to the 1st Q. I do this and reach office 10-25 minutes early (depending on stuff in Newspaper).

Car Pooling / OLA-ing / being Chauffer-driven, METRO-ing, BUS-ing, "not going out", listening to music, observing people on road (and sometimes hitting the forehead), etc are answers to 2nd Q [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way to avoid traffic in peak hours. I use bike for office commute to glide through the traffic - it's fun even in sun when you wear full hand shirt and full face helmet with dark visor.

Top Bottom