How Do I Clean a Black Car on Daily Basis?

Thread Starter #1
Guys i own a Hyundai Fluidic verna Thunder black.but i have had a hard time cleaning it,as my house is next to a street,so daily a lot of dust comes in my parking lot. i have a micro-fibre cloth but if there are 2 layers of dust then by cleaning with wet cloth also doesn't help.
If i Cover my car with a car cover..still the dust somehow penetrates through it.

Please help me guys [frustration]

lxi.

Suspended
Re: How To Clean a Black car on a Daily Basis? i am so Frustrated!

Yes, You must be facing a pain to clean the car (As in my Mahindra Scorpio :anger:).
Maybe, You can get a nice cover (Some military cloth, it is said, Kirpal/Tirpal, i think). It costed me Rs.700 for my Maruti Alto. The dust does penetrates in but it is better than the simple cloth one at MASS.

For Cleaning - Dont use a wet cloth for wiping on dry car (I feel it makes the dust wet and more sticky!). First sprinkle water on the car with a pipe and then wipe it with cloth (Any cloth,I use the one which are sold in Red Lights in delhi, The ORANGE coloured one.).

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Guys i own a Hyundai Fluidic verna Thunder black.but i have had a hard time cleaning it,as my house is next to a street,so daily a lot of dust comes in my parking lot. i have a micro-fibre cloth but if there are 2 layers of dust then by cleaning with wet cloth also doesn't help.
If i Cover my car with a car cover..still the dust somehow penetrates through it.

Please help me guys [frustration]
i can understand your concern, but in all probability dust cannot penetrate a cover (no matter how flimsy it is, unless u have regular dust storm in ur street) as long as you cover it tip to tail. The problem is more because the cover i guess is double sided and inadvertently u end up reverting it the next time u cover , so the outer dust goes in [frustration] or when u fold it and keep the dust spreads both sides, my suggestion, first thoroughly wash and clean your cover , mark the sides cleanly , always use one side for outward facing part of cover, and when u fold be careful about not spreading the outer dust to the inner portion.

Its not going to be easy though(a classic case of easier said than done) [:)]

There are three types of car owners. 1) Very lucky -- who have white, pearl white, silky silver etc., 2) Some how lucky -- sky blue, golden beige, ecru beige, grey etc. and 3) Only God can save -- black, fire brick Red, deep blue, etc.

Saurabh you are in the third category, so nobody can help you. Dirt, any scratch will be much prominent in your car and you have to sweat a lot to maintain it.[lol]

Thread Starter #5
And to add up to My problems..i have hard water supply in my area :( soft water is only for drinking purpose.

i can understand your concern, but in all probability dust cannot penetrate a cover (no matter how flimsy it is, unless u have regular dust storm in ur street) as long as you cover it tip to tail. The problem is more because the cover i guess is double sided and inadvertently u end up reverting it the next time u cover , so the outer dust goes in [frustration] or when u fold it and keep the dust spreads both sides, my suggestion, first thoroughly wash and clean your cover , mark the sides cleanly , always use one side for outward facing part of cover, and when u fold be careful about not spreading the outer dust to the inner portion.

Its not going to be easy though(a classic case of easier said than done) [:)]
Exactly this is what happens!! Outer dust goes in and vice versa! i think m gonna let the dirt stick to ma car.. and i'll wash it on weekends..can't help [confused]

Yes, You must be facing a pain to clean the car (As in my Mahindra Scorpio :anger:).
Maybe, You can get a nice cover (Some military cloth, it is said, Kirpal/Tirpal, i think). It costed me Rs.700 for my Maruti Alto. The dust does penetrates in but it is better than the simple cloth one at MASS.

For Cleaning - Dont use a wet cloth for wiping on dry car (I feel it makes the dust wet and more sticky!). First sprinkle water on the car with a pipe and then wipe it with cloth (Any cloth,I use the one which are sold in Red Lights in delhi, The ORANGE coloured one.).

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Sprinkling water daily and wiping is not a child's play..but the idea is good.. Thanks for sharing [clap]

And Morover..before Putting the cover, again i need to clean the car and clean the cover as well.. it is such a pain in the a**

Last edited by a moderator:

Its a tough task to clean the car when parked in dust prone areas.

There are too ways to clean.

One is the usual wash with a water jet and then wipe with soft cloth. This require lot of water and its not convinient doing daily.

Another option is dust the car in dry condition with a soft cotton cloth. {The cloth should be soft and a size of about 3' x 3' (3 feet x 3 feet). If the cloth is small, it may cause some scratches and very big cloth is bulky to handle}
Practice the hand movements in such a way that the cloth just glide through the surface to remove the dust).
Once the layers are removed, use a soft wet cloth (micro fibre if available) to wipe and its clean again.

For dusting, you can also try a Jopasu car duster. (Learned from this forum that its good but not available in most places)

Thread Starter #7

Its a tough task to clean the car when parked in dust prone areas.

There are too ways to clean.

One is the usual wash with a water jet and then wipe with soft cloth. This require lot of water and its not convinient doing daily.

Another option is dust the car in dry condition with a soft cotton cloth. {The cloth should be soft and a size of about 3' x 3' (3 feet x 3 feet). If the cloth is small, it may cause some scratches and very big cloth is bulky to handle}
Practice the hand movements in such a way that the cloth just glide through the surface to remove the dust).
Once the layers are removed, use a soft wet cloth (micro fibre if available) to wipe and its clean again.

For dusting, you can also try a Jopasu car duster. (Learned from this forum that its good but not available in most places)
Thanks alot for all Your Suggestions..i appreciate your inputs, Rock on! [clap]

Exactly this is what happens!! Outer dust goes in and vice versa! i think m gonna let the dirt stick to ma car.. and i'll wash it on weekends..can't help [confused]
i suggest you use a good wax to polish ur car regularly (atleast once a month or so), that makes the surface smooth and easier to clean to an extent , try collinite - its the best really!

I have a black car and also the cover situation as you, but the only thing i say is ill invert Tasu ray definitions from above (nice one btw) and say i am the lucky one as i get more time to spend cleaning the car.[;)]
trust me on one thing there is nothing more pleasing to your ego than watching your black car polished and gleaming. Especially the black ones stand out compared to any other color! you can check out my xuv thread for the pictures[:)]

Thread Starter #9

i suggest you use a good wax to polish ur car regularly (atleast once a month or so), that makes the surface smooth and easier to clean to an extent , try collinite - its the best really!

I have a black car and also the cover situation as you, but the only thing i say is ill invert Tasu ray definitions from above (nice one btw) and say i am the lucky one as i get more time to spend cleaning the car.[;)]
trust me on one thing there is nothing more pleasing to your ego than watching your black car polished and gleaming. Especially the black ones stand out compared to any other color! you can check out my xuv thread for the pictures[:)]

I Completely agree!when a black car is polished and blooming..oh boy it's unbeatable! What's Collinite By the way? never heard of it before!

Follow what Iron Rock said. Polish it every month or so. So that the surface becomes smooth. And once its smooth its easy to clean the vehicle. Make sure you use a soft cloth for cleaning instead of cleaning with water. It decreases your frustration too, coz the cloth will just glide through the surface. It would be so smooth that you would end up wiping the car the whole day [lol].

I Completely agree!when a black car is polished and blooming..oh boy it's unbeatable! What's Collinite By the way? never heard of it before!
Collinite 845 - Insulator wax-Now on sale for low Price- Most Durable Wax - Auto-Mall.in

here's a link to it, yes it is expensive than some of the cheaper ones, but i have seen the after effect and dare i say its probably better than the meguiar i am using now.

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended

i can understand your concern, but in all probability dust cannot penetrate a cover (no matter how flimsy it is, unless u have regular dust storm in ur street) as long as you cover it tip to tail.
It does penetrate in my car! Help!
The problem is more because the cover i guess is double sided and inadvertently u end up reverting it the next time u cover , so the outer dust goes in or when u fold it and keep the dust spreads both sides, my suggestion, first thoroughly wash and clean your cover , mark the sides cleanly , always use one side for outward facing part of cover, and when u fold be careful about not spreading the outer dust to the inner portion.
A way to mark the sides is by writing "F" for front and "R" for rear on the outer side of the cover with a permanent marker. I have done the same.

I have a black car and also the cover situation as you, but the only thing i say is ill invert Tasu ray definitions from above (nice one btw) and say i am the lucky one as i get more time to spend cleaning the car.
trust me on one thing there is nothing more pleasing to your ego than watching your black car polished and gleaming. Especially the black ones stand out compared to any other color! you can check out my xuv thread for the pictures
Iron Rock, Nice idea. You really rock! [:)]
But, When we polish the car, It is good that the dust can be wiped of easily but the dust also gets attracted easily. When Sourabh will polish the car and ride over some dusty roads, the dust will easily stick to his car!
Cant HElp!

Iron Rock, Nice idea. You really rock! [:)]
But, When we polish the car, It is good that the dust can be wiped of easily but the dust also gets attracted easily. When Sourabh will polish the car and ride over some dusty roads, the dust will easily stick to his car!
Cant HElp!
I am not a professional detailer and this might get a little technical but let me attempt. I don think a freshly waxed car attracts dust because of the wax per se(not unless u are leaving a blob of wax on the car which i am sure 99% of us wouldnt do [;)]) , but while waxing with the movements over the car u induce a static and as we are aware static attracts dust, so therein lies your problem. Some waxes have no anti static properties while some have low static which kind of improves the situation slightly.

A professional detailer usually applies a anti static solution over the waxed body to ensure near zero static - if you have the time you can attempt this.

Otherwise i get my car washed daily and waxed monthly - keep a clean car cover inside out - that is the best i could practically do!

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended

Thanks for the info IronRock. This is exactly what happens to me, I waxed my Maruti Alto and there was some dust on the Floor (Just below the silencer), I started the car and accelerated and all the dust blew up and sticked to my car! I think he was loving the waxed car's bumpers! [:)]

CAn you suggest any Anti-Static solution? Price?

There are many wax which itself claim to have anti static properties, personally i think meguiar and collinite are good that way. But professional detailers usually use finish kare products(just google it), there are dozens available(a lot of them simply fraud) but i can vouch for finish kare.

Top Bottom