How Are Hankook 165/70 R12 for Alto?

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone. I drive an Alto Vxi 2000 model and recently replaced my ageing tires and rims with new rubber and alloys. My tire guy recommended that I go in for 12 x 5J rims and 165/70 R12 77T Hankook H706 tires. However since I did not fancy the white lettering of the Hankook I asked them to fit the tires with the white lettering inside. I'm quite sure the tires are non directional but I still have some doubts. Is it ok to reverse fit the tires and what is the performance of the Hankook H706 tires?

I searched online but there are no reviews or comments on these tires.
Would be much obliged for any inputs. Thanks

Re: Hankook 165/70 R12 for Alto

OT, don't the tire rub against the rear wheel arches when there is load in the car ?

Please post some pic's.

Sorry, I have not used these tires.

Re: Hankook 165/70 R12 for Alto

Even i have not used these tires, but indeed i have heard about them. I am not a pro, hence cannot comment on anything before i see the pics, however as long as the tires are symmetrical, there wont be any problem in using them the way you are. BUT, if they are asymmetrical then you may face serious stability issues.

hey, i had to make a choice between hankook and yoko a drives 2 years earlier, i liked the hankook white lettering, tyres are nice performers, but i was more pleased with yoko tread, so finally i went with yoko a drive.

but hey hankook is good one ! and you can swap the sides but you must check unidirectional funda with the tyre shop. or else there will stability issues as pointed out by Akash.

I have seen that Michelin tyres are marked with "Inside' and "Outside". There must be some reasons behind it otherwise company does not mark the sides. But I do not know the reason, can anybody enlighten me?
Regards.

Hi,

I had replaced my old MRF ZVTS (company fitted) for my Alto Lxi after 50K kms with new Bridgestone S248 last month and from then on its giving big noise whenever I go past 40km mark.

Is this the same with all new tyres? Please clarify.

Thanks

Top Bottom