How Anti-Blockier System Works?

Yes Zinam i understand the weight of the car is the deciding factor for the difference in the braking i mentioned.

When i TD the Aria the first thing i felt was braking distance is more than my Safari!
Dhaya,

I can definitely vouch that brakes used in Aria is way better than Safari & you will feel it, when you drive it atleast for a week's time.

The time you took for Test drive is too short to comment about braking.

As I said Aria is best even at 160+ kmph.

Yes ok thanks for the info Akash and Zinam.

But still my doubt is , will the stopping distance be more in a car fitted with ABS than a normal one? For example take a Scorpio or a Safari , comparing a normal Scorpio with an ABS fitted Scorpio.

It all depends on the car. Fo eg Stopping distance for a wagonR would be slightly more than a WagonR with ABS.
ABS basically avoids any locking of wheels in case of hard braking which enables the driver to steer easily even when braked hard. In case of a car which doesnt have ABS it will continue to move in same direction even if you try to steer it.
You might have noticed while cruising at a speed of 100kmph or more when you have to brake really hard the steering feels damn hard. That basically happens due to locking which doesnt happen in the cars equipped with ABS thereby reducing the stopping distance.

ABS gives you better control of vehicle and also increases stopping distance. While the cars without ABS will lose the control on high speed braking & also gives slighly lesser stopping distance than cars equipped with ABS.

No Dhaya!

Both seems same to me.

What Akash has explained is right.

Final Verdict

Cars with ABS will give you clean & neat stop with lesser stopping distance.

Cars without ABS will lose control thus increasing stopping distance.

Hope its clear!

No Dhaya!

Both seems same to me.

What Akash has explained is right.

Final Verdict

Cars with ABS will give you clean & neat stop with lesser stopping distance.

Cars without ABS will lose control thus increasing stopping distance.

Hope its clear!
You have summarized the ABS working in those 2 points. Hopefully Dhaya wont have any more doubts.

Top Bottom