How Anti-Blockier System Works?

When the ABS system is in operation you will feel a pulsing
in the brake pedal; this comes from the rapid opening and closing of the valves. Some ABS systems can cycle up to 15 times per second.
I can confirm this, how ABS breaks feels when pressed hard at high speed.

Few days back, It was midnight and was driving approx 60, suddenly my front car stopped, and i got confused for fraction of second and then pressed the break hard. For initial few moments, i thought i am going to hit and brake is not effective, but then suddenly my Punto stopped after few pulses. I think the break of Punto is precise, it knows where to stop [clap]

Same thing happend to another Punto owner.

@vroom, if you remember i mentioned this when we met..

Anti-lock Braking System(ABS)

@All..

Its not possible to fit after-market ABS. You are Left with Only ONE Option-- Buy the car with ABS as OE. I have never heard that ABS can be fitted After Market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theroritically, it can be done, like abs from Swift Zxi in Swift Vxi, as the components will be same, but the workmanship plays a heavy role here, so i wont suggest anybody to go for such an aftermarket mod, that too on a system component as BRAKES[shock]
Theoretically, yes, but you need to consider the fact that in addition to the complete braking system, you will need to change / add the ECU components, the wiring harnesses, the fuses and what not.
End of the day, it will have to be OE, if you want an ABS in your car.

Even i enquired about installing ABS in my i10.

Even the mechanics didn't recommend, as it involves heavy workmanship & high precision is required. They dont do this :-)

I also dont suggest to fit ABS in as aftermarket mod.Its dangerous as it involves brakes, and if something goes wrong(God Bless ,dont let anything as such) then safety becomes zero%.That is not encouraging at all.SO NEVER EVER TRY IT .

I also dont suggest to fit ABS in as aftermarket mod.Its dangerous as it involves brakes, and if something goes wrong(God Bless ,dont let anything as such) then safety becomes zero%.That is not encouraging at all.SO NEVER EVER TRY IT .
Perfect advice!!

Now i have a doubt.

Recently when i TD the Aria and Captiva which were fitted with ABS i found the stopping distance is a little more when compared to my Safari. I really needed to push the pedal a little hard in order to effectively brake. Is the stopping distance more in an ABS fitted car?

But when i TD the Laura and Jetta the brake feel was awesome! Only a slight tap and the braking was amazing!

Now why is this difference? All four vehicles have disc brakes on all wheels and ABS.

Its not just the ABS which decides the braking distance.

Weight of the car, aerodynamics & the type of discs plays important role.

As I told you earlier you can't compare Skoda's with TATA

But Aria's braking is perfectly awesome, but you need to be bit harder on brakes.

Brake pedals & action differs from cars to car & it takes sometime to get used to.

Since you have driven your safari longtime you know everything out of it. Drive Aria for a week's time & confirm it again :)

Yes Zinam i understand the weight of the car is the deciding factor for the difference in the braking i mentioned.

When i TD the Aria the first thing i felt was braking distance is more than my Safari!

Its not just the ABS which decides the braking distance.
Weight of the car, aerodynamics & the type of discs plays important role.

As I told you earlier you can't compare Skoda's with TATA
Well said.
The braking for different cars is different mainly due to the varying kerb weights. Say for eg Aria has a kerb weight of about 1920 kg while Laura weighs just about 1380kg. Also the discs on both the cars are quite different. Also there are factors like the kind of tyre on these cars. So in all there are numerous factors apart from ABS which decide the braking distance.

Top Bottom