Hover Automotive (Nissan India Partner) and Ichibaan Nissan is Fraud!!

Thread Starter #1
Hello all,

I booked Nissan Sunny XV at Ichibaan Nissan Mumbai with Rs. 4,50,000/- as down payment and opted for car loan for the remainder amount from HDFC bank. My loan was approved but the bank did not disburse the amount to dealer stating that Ichibaan Nissan is a defaulter to loan taken from HDFC and hence they have blacklisted them.

HDFC suggested me alternatives to get things sorted, (one of them being that the car be bought from ORION instead of Ichibaan). After this realization I started inquiring with the dealer and Hover Automotive India, asked them to transfer my booking to Orion, but they kept buying time to cause delay. I made many complaints on Nissan customer care, but the 72 hour deadline to address the complaint was never met. I finally had to send a legal notice to Hover Automotive India who looks after nissan India operations, they too seemed very laid back in their attitude to solve this problem. Finally things got clarified that the owner of Ichibaan is also the director for Hover Automotive India, who has defaulted on a Rs.75 crore loan from HDFC when he was a HONDA dealer (Hence the reluctance to transfer booking).
One month had passed but Hover Automotive India did not make any effort to get my car, even today Ichibaan is having my money! I have finally canceled the booking since the parent company itself is a fraud, If they can cheat so openly while booking, one could only Imagine the after sales.

I will advice fellow members that since Ichibaan NISSAN director has been involved in financial frauds with banks in India and also is Director (G. M. Singh) of Hover Automotive India (responsible for Nissan India operations) , Please take all your dealing with any Nissan dealer in writing on their letter head to avoid being duped.

Best

350Z

Core Team
Re: Hover Automotive India (Nissan India Partner) and Ichibaan Nissan is Fraud!!

Welcome aboard to The Automotive India, Kim. Thanks for the heads up. This is sad but true - Ichibaan Nissan seems to be keen on spoiling up their reputation. Earlier also it has received a thumbs down from one of our members in this forum (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...er-nissan-india-ichibaan-nissan.html#post4350). I'm also not surprised why Nissan Hover Automotive acted lazy to deal with this matter since both the brands in question are being managed by same body.

One month had passed but Hover Automotive India did not make any effort to get my car, even today Ichibaan is having my money! I have finally canceled the booking since the parent company itself is a fraud, If they can cheat so openly while booking, one could only Imagine the after sales.
Has been the cash returned back now?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Has been the cash returned back now?
Thanks for the welcome [:)]

No my money has still not been returned to me, I had sent them a mail for cancellation last week; today when I called dealer to ask about the cheque he said that i still have to fill an cancellation form [cry], after that money will be reverted in 7-10 working days.
I've taken too many leaves to run around offices of these thieves, I'll have wait some more time before i manage to get some time from office.

sad news man..are you gonna book sunny again??
Sunny? I'd never look back at Nissan again, even if they are the only car maker on this planet!

Re: Hover Automotive India (Nissan India Partner) and Ichibaan Nissan is Fraud!!

Welcome aboard Kim9 and that is really sad to hear about your experience! I can understand the pain and frustration you must be going through. How are these dealers even allowed to be given a new dealership by car makers is a mystery? It is like the underbelly of Car sales in our country.
Thanks for posting your experience in earnest and do follow up to get the money back!

I booked Nissan Sunny XL (Silver) on 2-10-2011 and paid Rupees Three lakhs (Rs.3,00,000/-) as Booking/Down-payment.

Mr Manoj is the Sales representative from Ichibaan Nissan (INDIA) attending me. When I booked the car, the showroom was not having a Demo car for test drive, So Mr. Salvi promised me a test drive on 4th october; the date passed but I did not receive a call from him, finally I made a call on 11th October to inquire about the test drive he said that the showroom has still not received the Test vehicle.

On 18-10-2011 I called again to know the status, Mr. Salvi said that the showroom has the vehicle for test drive and that I can visit any time for the test drive. I Informed him that I was getting a loan from HDFC bank for the remaining amount of Rs.5,00,000/- and provided him with the phone number of bank Executive to co-ordinate with. The Delivery date agreed upon was 27-10-2011.

From 19-10-2011 I started getting calls from Mr. Salvi that the loan amount has still hot been disbursed from the bank, When I called the bank to inquire about the delay, they kept promising me that it will be disbursed soon and kept delaying.

On 23-10-2011 Mr Manoj called me saying that no payment is received yet from HDFC and suggested that I make payment from my personal account for them to initiate the registration so i could get my car on 27th October. Later that day I received a call from HDFC bank who updated me on the delay saying that Ichibaan Nissan is defaulter with HDFC bank and that the company has failed to repay the inventory loan taken by them.

Now I feel Both the dealer and the bank is cheating me. Till today, I'm the only one following up with HDFC for the loan disbursement and Ichibaan Nissan is simply sitting with my 3 lakh rupees. I can't go to another bank now because on 21-10-2011 I received an sms that amount of Rs.23,516/- is debited from my account towards car loan and Rs.5,220/- for processing fees.

First of all the dealer did nothing about the loan from their end and made me apply for the loan. Most importantly, when i told them that I'm applying for the loan from HDFC they did not say they had a dispute with the bank. Instead of keeping things transparent, they kept on insisting for an outright purchase of the car.

Its been a month now that they are keeping my money and not doing anything for the delivery of the car. I have cancelled the booking.

AMG

Suspended
Well, feel sorry for you guys.

IMO, a consumer court is the only alternative.

@Kim9 and @sid_sharad
Welcome to TAI, sad to gear about your experience.
First of all just try to get your money back asap.Then only file complaint.
If you have any written documents , emails as a prof then post them here.
Thanks for alerting everyone.

350Z

Core Team
Its been a month now that they are keeping my money and not doing anything for the delivery of the car. I have cancelled the booking.
Unfortunate to know about another such incidence. You both should together approach head honchos of Nissan and Hover Automotive. Else, consumer court is the final option. Here's link to Official Website of Hover Automotive: Hover Automotive India

Drive Safe,
350Z

No my money has still not been returned to me, I had sent them a mail for cancellation last week; today when I called dealer to ask about the cheque he said that i still have to fill an cancellation form , after that money will be reverted in 7-10 working days.
I've taken too many leaves to run around offices of these thieves, I'll have wait some more time before i manage to get some time from office.
Good that you cancelled the booking, Even we have cancelled it. HDFC has
told me that there are 7 cases in Mumbai Ichibaan like us. I have contacted
Shivsena on this issue and they are ready to help if dealer acts smart or harasses to return the money. I will PM you my number once I figure out how it works!!

@Kim9 and @sid_sharad
Welcome to TAI, sad to gear about your experience.
First of all just try to get your money back asap.Then only file complaint.
If you have any written documents , emails as a prof then post them here.
Thanks for alerting everyone.
Hi,

I have apology email from hdfc that also states the reason i have mentioned. I can forward it to email of administrator of the forum, since it contains names of people involved and my account details. Incase you want to verify the matter, you may inquire at hdfc. They have blacklisted Ichibaan.

I have no written reply from Ichibaan but have letters that i have submitted to them; which has stamp and sign of Ichibaan GM lalit pawar.

Good News ICHIBAAN is KAMLA NISSAN Now. [clap]

It really sad dealing with NISSAN DEALER all the time. I have booked NISSAN MICRA ACTIVE thrice and cancelled the booking due to non-availability of the Nissan Micra Active Car. Current Situation i cancelled the booking from ICHIBAAN NISSAN, and they are delaying my check amount Rs.1 Lac, its almost 28 days now and ASM from ICHIBAAN is asking for 1 more week.

Thats highly intolerable, as when i approach ICHIBAAN ASM not answer my call for several times, yesterday i visited Ichibaan showroom and ASM Manoj Salvi said that Ichibaan is changing its name from ICHIBAAN to KAMLA NISSAN, due to this transition its taking time to process the check.
How does that matter to the customer, thats bad customer service from NISSAN. [frustration]

its better buying a FIAT taxi rather than booking NISSAN CARS.
High Quality Poor Service from Nissan.

Please do not give any advice, as i have screwed their FINANCE MANAGER, but its of no use. They are well prepared for all types of arrogant customer. They can take your HIT too. You would have no options apart from banging your head....and wait for them to do their work. They are worst then government official!!

NISSAN Official Customer Care is the same. I have emailed hai.net no response from them. Got email of the some from the posts in automotive india official nitish.tipnis@hai.net.in have emailed him today. Lets see if he opens up and react!!

Dont Boil yourself. Patience is the Key to Success!!

Last Option Consumer Forum and Police Complaint too........................No More NISSAN!!!

Last edited:
It is very sad to read your cases friends. That is a bad experience of one dealer and you need to take it up with the consumer court or there is a service called like Akosa where you case gets settle faster.

Just because the dealer and the company who is responsible for Nissan India I don't think that their cars are bad. We bought a Nissan sunny AT recently from a dealer in hyderabad and the process was butter smooth and just got finished in 5 days in total to get the loan and get the car delivered, so this is just the case of that dealer and the Hover India and which you that you get back your money very soon and go to a different dealer[:)]

Top Bottom