[Honest Review] Windek Digital Tyre Inflator with Autocut

well, it's far more strange than that.
for a start, xuv with it's much larger tyres, recommends 32 front and 30 rear.

i10 with stock puny tyres recommends 35psi all around.

maybe a small tyre needs more pressure to hold itself up. last week,.i10 tyres were inflated till 28 and look horribly under inflated. almost half punctured. I went back to company recommended 35 today and they do look much better. I'll keep trying and keep you posted.

BTW, please share your knowledge about calculations and stuff here. thanks.
Actually I used the site given in Post #11 to calculate volume, and have no knowledge as such to share. [:)]

Going by your logic and observations, inflating more than stock is ideal. You can always fiddle with the pressures to see what's best, now that you also have this inflator! [evil]

Hi bhvm I am about to buy this, what is DC power rating, how many DC amps mentioned on the unit.
-suryaputhra
12V/15Amps. I have added it's spec sheets here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-digital-tyre-inflator-review.html#post521519

And by the way, mine has gone kaput. Couldn't find the contact info or warranty procedure in the leaflets. @BHVM, do you know or have any info on claiming warranty on this one?
Here is a summary of what happened: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...eview-10-000-kms-milestone-26.html#post533145

Last edited:
But the box shows <10 amps, frequent blowing of fuse may be the indication of short in inflator just check it, I connect my tyre inflator directly to battery with alligator clips to avoid car internal wiring(Acc wiring harness) getting heated and melting.

-suryaputhra

But the box shows <10 amps, frequent blowing of fuse
My bad, I looked at the fuse rating in troubleshooting page.
may be the indication of short in inflator just check it
Doesn't appear to be a short circuit. It displays the current PSI as usual, fuses blown only when turning ON compressor. I will try the warranty route first before opening up the unit.

Last edited:
OK, I have no knowledge in this area and will have to resort to someone (repair shop) who does these stuff.
Any positive reply from seller regarding warranty pls share here I am about to buy, this the is only one <10 amp, most out there are 15 amps, double cylinder models are 25 amps, usually instruction manual says use the unit when car is running in neutral but its extremely wrong. Car manufacturer strictly specify switch off any extra accessories when car in neutral like head lamps at signals to avoid unnecessary extra strain on engine and alternator. 15 amp load is not good for mid sized cars running in neutral. Head lamps will consume 10 amp(55/60W) so in the same way 10 amps is OK for a car running in neutral when using inflator with strictly AC, headlights and other accessories off.

-suryaputhra

Last edited:
Any positive reply from seller regarding warranty pls share here I am about to buy, this the is only one <10 amp, most out there are 15 amps, double cylinder models are 25 amps, usually instruction manual says use the unit when car is running in neutral but its extremely wrong.
This is the update I got from seller (AutoFurnish) [lol]. Please get the warranty claim process documented in email before you buy this item.
------------- Begin message -------------
Hi,
Order ID:
We would like to inform you that your order is in amazon fulfilment method. In this regards request you to please contact to amazon customer care. They will assist to you properly.
Thanks.
------------- End message -------------

Are you going to contact amazon?, do amazon honour warranty? now a days amazon India slowly moving out of their good policies.
-suryaputhra
Yes, I just sent a note to Amazon customer care. I am not positive if they will be of any help either. None of the Q&A items on the product page has clear information on warranty claims. All of them mention "1 year warranty if purchased from <seller name>". This, to me, sounds like a scam. I have also asked one of the current seller of this product to let me know the company that handles warranty in India. I will keep you posted on further updates.

Thread Starter #28

bhvm

Honoured Member
12V/15Amps. I have added it's spec sheets here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-digital-tyre-inflator-review.html#post521519

And by the way, mine has gone kaput. Couldn't find the contact info or warranty procedure in the leaflets. @BHVM, do you know or have any info on claiming warranty on this one?
Here is a summary of what happened: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...eview-10-000-kms-milestone-26.html#post533145
15A is a bit High.
Most Cigar Sockets in car are Rated at 10A. Never spotted a 15A one.

But the box shows <10 amps, frequent blowing of fuse may be the indication of short in inflator just check it, I connect my tyre inflator directly to battery with alligator clips to avoid car internal wiring(Acc wiring harness) getting heated and melting.

-suryaputhra
There is conversion kit available that can provide you direct cigar socket from be battery clips-
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car...lgo_pvid=fe44aff3-a9d6-402a-abe6-d003a539df93

My bad, I looked at the fuse rating in troubleshooting page.

Doesn't appear to be a short circuit. It displays the current PSI as usual, fuses blown only when turning ON compressor. I will try the warranty route first before opening up the unit.
I mean short in the compressor(winding).

-suryaputhra
Hmm Seems like it,
If other functions work fine, and fuse trips only when Compressor is turned on- There is something wrong in Compressor Motor. The electroncis are fine.

OK, I have no knowledge in this area and will have to resort to someone (repair shop) who does these stuff.
Better don't. These monkeys will spoil it more than fix it.

Update from my Seller:
Asked for my phone number.

Update from another seller who sells this product:
For claiming 1 year warranty if in case required you need to claim directly from Windek on the number- 011-45149553 - Mr. Gaurav

Update from Amazon Customer Service:
Hello,
I'm sorry to hear your "Windek RCP_AL1E_1902 Digital Tyre Inflator " isn't performing as expected.
In my experience, the quickest way to have this issue resolved is to contact the manufacturer directly to claim the warranty of one year.
As I am unable to find the manufacturer details on our site, I request you to contact the seller "Autofurnish India" to confirm the manufacturer details.
You can contact the seller directly by visiting the below link:
If you've contacted the manufacturer and they can't help, please send us a summary of that correspondence and we'll work on another solution.
Be assured that we are always here to try our best to improve our service in as many ways as possible.
In case you need any assistance, or if you have any query, please feel free to contact us again anytime.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Please use the survey below to tell us about your experience today.

Thread Starter #30

bhvm

Honoured Member
Today I checked/Filled air in All my vehicles including Activa.
Worked flawlessly.

Xuv loses hardly any air. Only 0.5PSI difference in 1month
i10 lost 1 psi
Activa lost 5 psi.

Looks like smaller/cheaper tyres loose more air.

Top Bottom