Honda Unicorn & Stunner Phased Out?

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
Honda showroom people here in Amritsar told me that the Honda Unicorn(not dazzler) and the Stunner have been phased out.

Is it true?

Or are they insane? Or are they trying to make a fool of me?

Re: Unicorn and stunner phased out?

That crap unicorn have a waiting period of 23 months when a friend enquired for one and he went for hero Honda super splendor '
He added a comment "only God knows if I will be still alive to take delivery after 23 months"

One of my friends got his unicorn delivered in Chennai on Nov 2010. He had a waiting period of 4 months.

No news on the phase-out plans of the old unicorn though.

In Pondy, the bookings for Honda Activa are closed.
Trichy, where my sister had booked an Activa; she got it after 3 months waiting period that too since my uncle knew some contacts at the showroom.

Looks like all the Honda products are on high demand. Hope their second manufacturing unit which is under construction comes alive soon.

Thread Starter #5

AMG

Suspended

I dont mind waiting.

But the dealer says that both the bikes are phased out?

Last edited by a moderator:

Its not going to be phased out yet. I just enquired with my dealer today and he said that they are most definitely accepting booking, But there will be no promise of when the delivery will be made from their part. I actually laughed my socks off when I witnessed something else there.

A guy comes in a starched shirt and dhoti, He calls someone and gives the cell-phone to the Dealership Manager, He also hands over an envelope to the Manager. And says "This is the letter" . The manager says Okay,ya and sure on the phone and giggles like a politician.

After the man in Dhothi left, I asked the manager what was that about. He said it was a letter from the local M.L.A requesting the manager to deliver the Dhothi guy a New Unicorn without delay. I started to laugh and could not help myself when he told me that this is the 8th such letter this month. I asked him "So will you be making an early delivery, now that the M.LA. has intervened ?" He says " Not even if Mr. Shinji Aoyama, President & CEO of Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd asked me to do it. How can I do so when there are so many bookings and we cant meet our demands through the current rate of supply? And what about the people who booked before?"

Well I still am a happy chappy, flying low on my 2005 Unicorn with nothing more done than a set of tyres and a new set of chain and sprocket. Even the battery is the one that came factory fitted. Lucky me![clap]

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

A few recent online reports (link) hint that Honda has discontinued the Stunner in India since it is not visible on the website anymore. Surprisingly, I can still see it.

Stunner.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

deville_56

Honoured Member

A few recent online reports (link) hint that Honda has discontinued the Stunner in India since it is not visible on the website anymore. Surprisingly, I can still see it.

View attachment 83694

Drive Safe,
350Z
Might have sold the entire setup to Hero for making Ignitor [evil]

Next will be Hero Jadugar aka rebadged Unicorn [roll]

Top Bottom