Honda Sues Hyundai For Copying Design. Verna Fluidic Getting Discontinued? (Rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
99 out of 100 people say that. Friend went to test drive new Verna Fluidic and they said production has been stopped because Honda has registered a case against them with some sort of patent thing as it resembles City. Almost everyone I meet say the same thing. What do you know about this thing ?

Re: Verna Fluidic Discontinued ?

Though I haven't heard about it, on paper it seems absurd. Even if they do file a case, Hyundai will continue selling I suppose. I mean just look at Apple & Samsung. These 2 giants are taking each other to court in almost all the continents they are present in, but both continue to sell in large numbers (i phone & galaxy s2). These multinational giants like Honda & Hyundai have full time well fed lawyers on their beck n call to tackle all these issues. Thats why theres something called an 'out of court settlement', if you know what i mean :wink:
Cheers
Jazzy

Thread Starter #3
Re: Verna Fluidic Discontinued ?

Thats true jazzy, but they are stopped taking new bookings took, saying that same thing.

Re: Honda Files Case Against Hyundai – Fluidic Verna Being Discontinued?

On what grounds has Honda filed a case on Hyundai?

350Z

Core Team

Sounds fully absurd. Do we have an official source or a proper news article to support the claim? I am yet to come across one.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
for copying windows side profile and rear, maybe ? No one knows it, but everyone is talking about it, who so ever see the new Verna say that thing, 'isnt it discontinued' ?

No official source or a proper news article to support it, but it sounds so stupid, even sales executive at Chevrolet showroom were talking about it, even our relatives booked Vento, Volkswagen guys were saying the same thing (1 month ago).

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team

Thats true jazzy, but they are stopped taking new bookings took, saying that same thing.
for copying windows side profile and rear, maybe ? No one knows it, but everyone is talking about it, who so ever see the new Verna say that thing, 'isnt it discontinued' ?
Have you cross-checked about this with multiple Hyundai dealerships?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8

I will do it, today or tomorrow, including from where I purchased it.

So This news is True. I have went for TD at Verna Fluidic but the SA said, further bookings are closed.
I was not aware of this reason till now. I was assuming Budget and clearing of stocks etc

Well looks like a rumour was speaking to the sales guy earlier today he never told the bookings were cancelled infact he said there would be a rice hike due to the excise duty increase.

all i heard from my warranty in charge guy is production has been slowed down to modify the gear boxes. Nothing of stopping production. and this rumor that honda is filing a case was passed around since august last year.
but lets wait and watch maybe someone could dig in more info.

I think the reason for not taking further bookings of fluidic verna may be some other reason.May be due to excessive booking like in case of XUV 5OO.

I think if this news is true then the media would have spread it even more.Have someone seen this new in any of the new channel or automotive program?

dont take serious..its rumor dude. why honda suddenly got worried?? hyundai verna launched last year in may! [surprise]

Nah, that can't be true as far as I can imagine. What mean by copying the rear window and stuff like that. And that being violation of patent is beyond imagination. By that logic, MSIL would have been bankrupt by now, they have copied most of there designs from EU car makers. e.g Swift resembles the Mini (roof line and the way windows are designed)

well alteast the dealer where i took the car are taking bookings for verna, but as we have seen in the past verna has always been a dealer specific product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom