Honda Sues Hyundai For Copying Design. Verna Fluidic Getting Discontinued? (Rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Honda Files Case Against Hyundai – Fluidic Verna Being Discontinued?

By that logic, MSIL would have been bankrupt by now, they have copied most of there designs from EU car makers. e.g Swift resembles the Mini (roof line and the way windows are designed)
Even Fabia and Swift (Old) used to resemble a lot from side profile. I think it is clearly a rumor, at least until there's a proper confirmation.

Suzuki-Swift_2005_1024x768_wallpaper_24.jpg

Skoda-Fabia_2007_1024x768_wallpaper_0b.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Even Fabia and Swift (Old) used to resemble a lot from side profile. I think it is clearly a rumor, at least until there's a proper confirmation.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Absolutely :agree:

I forget to mention the Fabia there. Thanks Vibhor for the pictures. It helps a lot to compare and add lot of value to the opinions posted.

Well I had called my dealer from whom I had booked my Fluidic regarding the price increase for the car, the day after the budget. Although they didnt had any info about the price increase; I asked him about the Honda and Hyundai case; he said that it is only a marketing gimmick (forgot the exact term he mentioned!), rumors spread by the competitors simply to drift customers away form the Fluidic because the car from the first day is in huge demand and all. :biggrin:

On the other had 99% of the people me or my dad meet; when they come to know about our Fluidic booking; they say this thing only. [roll]
However no one was able to explain us on what basis is the case filed.[:D]

i think honda must of filed a case on hyundai for offering more features and stealing their customers. lol.
jokes apart i checked with my dealer. nothing as such bookings are on.

all i heard from my warranty in charge guy is production has been slowed down to modify the gear boxes. Nothing of stopping production. and this rumor that honda is filing a case was passed around since august last year.
but lets wait and watch maybe someone could dig in more info.
This could be the reason for stoppage of the bookings and most probably they would have waited till the Budget thing gets over where they find it better way to price their cars by large amounts,

If Honda has filed a case then they would have openly said this to people by media so as to lessen the sales of Verna.

why honda suddenly got worried?? hyundai verna launched last year in may! [surprise]
It was launched in china motor expo, 2 years even before indian launch. It might be time to discontinue the car there irrespective of honda case. How honda came to know about the theft after so much time?

Nah, that can't be true as far as I can imagine. What mean by copying the rear window and stuff like that. And that being violation of patent is beyond imagination. By that logic, MSIL would have been bankrupt by now, they have copied most of there designs from EU car makers. e.g Swift resembles the Mini (roof line and the way windows are designed)
Manza rear looks like cadillac of eighties, ritz rear looks like I 10 &1st gen santro. Bolero front looks like hummer , mahindra s would suffer more thank msil ,and so on.

Last edited:

Also in that case BMW should have filed case against MSIL for copying their 7series boot design for the hit DZire. :biggrin:
Also I think Merc had filed a case against Hyundai for the earlier Sonata for copying the headlight shapes and had won the case. Then later on the new Sonata was launched.

Here's another pic for comparison![:D]

The City v/s The Fluidic Verna.

430093_10150609459221234_48643611233_9262691_1350135450_n.jpg

No doubt the Fluidic looks Hottt!!!:biggrin:
What say Guyz?

Last edited:

Fluidic looks ugly here in above pic with all sort unwanted weird lines

Hyundai was earlier copying from Suzuki.

Now they have upgraded to Honda.

As posted by Jayadev, if we see the picture above, this fluidic looks overdone and cheap as compared to the City.

@jayadev and autosafari: May be because the city is in white and the fluidic is in silver colour, which I think is showing more cuts and lines in that profile.

@jayadev and autosafari: May be because the city is in white and the fluidic is in silver colour, which I think is showing more cuts and lines in that profile.
In general hyundai verna; old looked very ugly and new fluidic is totally overdone.-I never liked but dint mention anywhere not to offend its "fans"

Bookings are on for Fluidic Verna, but it was 3 months when I enquired in Jan 12 for SX Crdi, now it is 5-6 months [surprise].
And I don't think there is such case at all, if it had been, it would have been in news all over just like Merc C class Vs Sonata Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom