Honda Says Bye Bye To Existing Civic in India

Agree with you raj, Hyundai is surely threatening most of the car manufacturers globally the sole reason being their keenness to make there moves very quickly depending on the market's requirement for eg: Neither Toyota nor Honda took a note of Direct Turbo Injection technology but Hyundai moved swiftly and developed this tech for US market and rest is History

That's true now days i see so many sonata's and elantra's on road. Earlier it used to be accord, camry, corolla, civic. But the new fluidic sonata has given a very tough competition to Accord and Camry. Sonata offers more features, better FE, more power and better price than the Accord and Camry. And the Elantra has done the same thing to Civic and Corolla.

But i have heard that Honda is coming with an updated 2013 model of the Accord. Let's see what changes they bring in the new accord.

That's true now days i see so many sonata's and elantra's on road. Earlier it used to be accord, camry, corolla, civic. But the new fluidic sonata has given a very tough competition to Accord and Camry. Sonata offers more features, better FE, more power and better price than the Accord and Camry. And the Elantra has done the same thing to Civic and Corolla.

But i have heard that Honda is coming with an updated 2013 model of the Accord. Let's see what changes they bring in the new accord.
By all sense I think they will add lot of chrome and nothing else. Honda needs a major desgin over haul now. There every aero dynamic desgin feels dated now .

By all sense I think they will add lot of chrome and nothing else. Honda needs a major desgin over haul now. There every aero dynamic desgin feels dated now .
I completely agree with you. I used to like Accord before but now after the launch of new Sonata, it looks really dated. And my all time favorite model was the 05-06 model. That model use to look classy and was the best according to me.

New Civic's were poorly received worldwide, how difficult is it for Honda to borrow Diesel technology from other's till they develop their own, is it Arrogance? or Ignorance?
somewhat similar to nokia and symbian, nokia refused to go with android and rest is history.

hope honda comes with diesel engines soon else its gonna face more tough times ahead.

To me, this new Civic resembles a lot to our current City at least structurally & external look wise. I don't think this Civic would do good in terms of volumes even if it is launched.

This is just really disappointing. Here in bkk, new civic is already launched. reason= people here dont need diesel. so petrol is just fine. but i pray to god that Honda somehow manages to keep afloat.

This is just really disappointing. Here in bkk, new civic is already launched. reason= people here dont need diesel. so petrol is just fine. but i pray to god that Honda somehow manages to keep afloat.
But the old civic looks really good and kinda sporty. New civic does not have that kind of an appeal. Also it's not doing good as compared to the previous versions.

I had the same feeling when Ford Fusion was withdrawn from market [cry] I wanted to buy one but it was too late for me !!
The new model of Fusion looks quite good now and they have changed the interiors as well.

I could see many people saying that one can get existing civics for discount rates. But I have one question which I always wanted to ask. What about the service and availability of spare parts after phase out? How long can one get them?

I could see many people saying that one can get existing civics for discount rates. But I have one question which I always wanted to ask. What about the service and availability of spare parts after phase out? How long can one get them?
Ya that might be true. Now the dealers will give good discounts on new civics to clear their inventory. But the thing is if someone buys it the resale value would decrease more.

And regarding the spare parts i guess they can only provide until they have it in stock. But you still get spare parts for old civic back here in US though the new civic was launched here last year.

According to the rule book if an OEM decides to discontinue any model they need to provide spares for the next 10 year's,please correct me if i am wrong.

Re: Hit by falling sales, Honda to stop making Civic

Hit by falling sales, Honda to stop making Civic (source:THE HINDU BUSINESS LINE), To launch new gen Jazz and City models, MPV next year.

Falling sales have forced Honda to pull the plug on the Civic sedan, which has sold just over 50,000 cars since its launch in 2006. Honda Car India Senior Vice-President for Marketing and Sales Jnaneswar Sen told Business Line that sales of the car have been falling steadily over the years with other models such as the City eating into its sales. The last of the Civic models was sold in March this year. “We felt there was no point in investing in a segment that was declining over the last three years,” he said. Civic, which competes with Corolla and Elantra, is part of the lower D segment. This segment of passenger cars have an engine capacity of 1800cc or more and are bigger three-box cars with a price tag of Rs 11-15 lakh. The segment sales dropped 29 per cent to 19,239 units in 2012-13 over the previous year and the Civic sold 70 per cent less, at 685 units, during the same period. Interestingly, in its first year of launch in 2005, Civic sold as much as the entire segment in 2012-13. In another development, Honda has said it will launch a new generation Jazz next year while a new model of City and a multi-purpose vehicle are also expected to be launched soon. A compact SUV showcased at the Detroit Auto Show recently may also be launched in the Indian market.
Article link : Hit by falling sales, Honda to stop making Civic - Business Line

Last edited by a moderator:
I was browsing through the Honda website when i chanced to see this painful sight. The Honda Civic is now off the Honda official webpage.

Attaching a snapshot[cry].
PICS.jpg

Top Bottom