Honda low-cost bike

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
Honda's fully-owned subsidiary, HMSI, is gearing up for a full-blown competition with Honda’s other India presence, Hero Honda, the country’s biggest motorcycle maker and Honda's JV company with the Munjal family.
After driving in the 110cc Twister early this year, HMSI now says that it is looking at bringing in another bike, at a lower price point, that will be targeted at the mass market.

"Yes we may need to go there in the future. We are going to enter into the mass segment," HMSI President and CEO, Shinji Aoyama said when asked whether the company had plans to launch another bike along with the Twister.

He said the new bike "should" sport a price lower than the Twister, that currently has a Delhi ex-showroom price of Rs 43,000. "However, there is nothing concrete on this at this moment," he said, when asked for details.

Read more: HMSI set to launch low-cost mass market bike - WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Source: Wheelsunplugged.com

Thread Starter #3

AMG

Suspended
I hope they dont.

It would just result in a waste of money and nothing else.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to dethrone the splendor

I think Honda will try to dethrone the Splendour with their new low cost bike. And Hero Motors is not going to feel good about it. After the walk out of Honda Motors from the HH alliance, the major priority of Hero motors is to concentrate on their independent R&D. Hero Motors has already stated that they will concentrate on the economy segment and with Honda making such move, i am not sure of the future of Hero motors.

but dont you think honda first needs to improve on their delivery issues, with targetting mass market with still pathetic conditions of their gearless scooters availibility, it wont be good for them, also rural market where hero group wins with their economy range of bikes, honda would take long to conquer that.

Top Bottom