Honda Launches Jazz “X” at Rs.7.53 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
In just an another effort to build up some sales of not-so-popular Jazz premium hatchback, Honda has released the updated version called as Jazz – X but this is not going to do any favor for its sales because the already over priced car will offer these features at a premium of Rs.25,000. The additional features include Gray alloy wheels, Fog lamps, re-modeled interiors (blue and black), USB connectivity with music system, rear parcel shelf, font and rear mud flaps, adjustable driver seat and the new body color, Rallye Red. I’m still wondering whether Honda is completely clueless that their model is a flop because of over priced tag or are they just intending not to show and hence, such a move? They sure seem to be taking the Indian market for granted and if this approach continues, Jazz-X will soon become an “Ex” model in their range of cars in India.

“We are delighted to expand the choice of variants for our customers of Jazz with the new Jazz X Grade. The new variant is a result of extensive customer feedback and will offer sporty looks, enhanced interior and exterior styling, and exhilarating driving experience,” Mr. Tatsuya Natsume, Director Marketing, Honda India said.
tai-1.jpg

tai-2.jpg

tai-3.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

I feel this is good move by Honda. Since these features are already present in its competitors, these should have been from start.
Jazz buyers anyway doesn't care about its price, but they do deserve these features in their premium car.

this is not going to do any favor for its sales because the already over priced car will offer these features at a premium of Rs.25,000. The additional features include Gray alloy wheels, Fog lamps, re-modeled interiors (blue and black), USB connectivity with music system, rear parcel shelf, font and rear mud flaps, adjustable driver seat and the new body color, Rallye Red. I’m still wondering whether Honda is completely clueless that their model is a flop because of over priced tag or are they just intending not to show and hence, such a move? They sure seem to be taking the Indian market for granted and if this approach continues, Jazz-X will soon become an “Ex” model in their range of cars in India.
I completely agree with you Vibhor. I have not seen any other manufacturer like Honda who simply takes Indians for granted. Even if they include all those features, Honda Jazz is not a justifiable buy IMO.

Since these features are already present in its competitors, these should have been from start.
That's the whole point! They should learn from other manufactures and realize the fact that brand logo is just one of the driving factors.

Another flop from Honda! I can't fathom what exactly Honda are trying to do here. First they launch a super-mini with a fairly bonkers price tag, then pile it with heavy discounts because it doesn't sell well, only to later launch an even more expensive variant that nears luxury saloon car territory! I think they want to boost their image in the second-hand car market. The Jazz X will make for a great second-hand buy. As for now, Honda India can start worrying about the future of the Jazz in India. I hate to say it but because of the ridiculous price tag, the Jazz may gradually die a premature death, and I don't want to see this happen as it frankly is the best hatchback on sale in India today, the price tag not withstanding.

Honda must have incorporated these features in the normal Jazz, and the same price, if not with a price cut. The attitude of Honda is indeed strange. Even the SR-V, though a flop, was more practical than this one.

Honda must take indian markets seriously instead of making lame efforts of encashing premium using their brand.
Last months sales show how Honda is losing the ground in india. Jazz, one of the bestselling hatch round the globe proved to be a failure in india.
Honda should localise the production which may bring down the cost of their cars. That is the only way they can even think of their existence in future.

I wonder what honda is thinking about jazz.
An already overpriced one which some more gimmicks. That too with 25K more. This is definitely not going to help. A good news for Jazz fan boys though. The alloys are not looking so great [frustration]

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
Frankly, I didn’t like the new front grille; it’s rather making the car look flimsy.
I completely agree with you Vibhor. I have not seen any other manufacturer like Honda who simply takes Indians for granted. Even if they include all those features, Honda Jazz is not a justifiable buy IMO.
That's the whole point! They should learn from other manufactures and realize the fact that brand logo is just one of the driving factors.
Something even in the price range of Polo could shower the blessings on Jazz, but practically speaking, the price tag of over Rs.7 Lakhs is highly regretful and unconvincing because Jazz is sure one good hatchback to own.

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended
A 1.2 litre engine, Just 2 airbags, expensive spares and Af.S.S.
Average design.

Just tell me one reason to buy this over the i20?
(note: magic seats not counted as a valid reason)

A 1.2 litre engine, Just 2 airbags, expensive spares and Af.S.S.
Average design.

Just tell me one reason to buy this over the i20?
(note: magic seats not counted as a valid reason)
To send out the message that you follow Gandhiji and have a very spartan lifestyle!! :lol!:

A small car with a tiny petrol engine, with ordinary features and a price tag above 8 lacs and on top of it they are proud about it and increase the price a bit with some visual upgrade(fogs, USB music, parcel shelf, mudflaps should've been part of the car at the first place).

A small car with a tiny petrol engine, with ordinary features and a price tag above 8 lacs and on top of it they are proud about it and increase the price a bit with some visual upgrade(fogs, USB music, parcel shelf, mudflaps should've been part of the car at the first place).
At least they've included alloys in the package. I didn't expect alloys when I heards that a version worth Rs 20000 has been launched, considering Honda attitude.

No it didn't! It used to come with just wheel caps!

Oh really [frustration] !! I never bothered to check the details on this car as pricing was no way justifiable. IMO, if we are spending more than 8 lakhs on road, then we should go for a sedan. At that price tag, Xylo or even a loaded Bolero is a wise buy in my opinion; but not Honda Jazz!

Top Bottom