Honda Jazz 2011 Launched (Update: Honda Halts Production. Details on Pg.38)

Re: New Honda Jazz 2011 Launched at Killer Price

I booked it at Prime Honda. The buying experience was fine. I had done all the research about it and just went to book it. Checked about discounts/freebies but there were none being offered. Checked with other dealers also but no one offering them so went ahead.

From where did you get your insurance ?? Also can you give the breakup of your OTR price ??

Dear luckyguy and Members of Automotive India,
Thanks for valuable information, I am also planning to book the jazz select here in Jaipur
But the dealer is asking 6.7 L OTR. I want to know the breakup of your OTR price. Two more points
1. have you consider the new feature packed iGen i20 Sportz or Asta model before booking to Jazz i am confused because Hyundai is offering lots of features in new i20 that is currently missing in jazz like reverse camera, fog lamps, Automatic climate control, rain sensing wipers and costing just 6.3 L OTR in jaipur
2. I recently heard on CNBC AwaZ overdrive that Honda is offering free first year insurance, road side assistance and extended warranty on brio, civic and accord so why they are not offering on Jazz.

While the I20 does offer more features ,some can always be added to the jazz like reverse parking sensors,fog lamps(standard on XMT),features such as rain sensing wipers are not that really important.But the one features that i do miss on the jazz is the climate control.

Jazz internationally is priced more then the city like MEA countries, SE asian countries like thailand,malyasia,etc. Its only in india that its priced below the city (due to the indian mentality that a car without a boot is considered inferior),hence the margin of profit in jazz ain't much.
Ever during the latest budget where the excise duty were hiked ,honda had increased the price of jazz by 15k where as the city only received a 9 to 10k hike.This shows that honda was making less profits in jazz compared to the likes of city and brio.

The OTR breakup is as follows for Jazz Select in Delhi:

Ex-Showroom - 599,900
Insurance - 18,869
Registration - 29,116
Handling Charges - 5,618
-------------------------
Total - 6,53,503

To answer your 2nd question - I had checked out the new i20 and you are right, the features offered are much more than Jazz. But, I chose Jazz because of the interiors (truly sedan class), reliable IVTec engine, overall space in the car (and the big boot), safety features (abs, airbags) ]etc. and the overall feel of the car was much better than the i20.

re: Honda Jazz 2011 Launched, EDIT: Honda Halts Production, details on Pg38

Hi Friends. Its been more than 2 months now since I got my new Jazz Select UT. Last week-end on my trip to Pune, I drove it on the Mumbai-Pune Express way. I reached 160 kmph @ I guess 4500 RPM or more and this car did not shake a bit. It seemed as if it could take some more speed eaisly but I had no guts to go beyond 160. I am so much impressed with its stability cause I have seen small car engines rattling on high speeds. This car is amazing on high RPMs.

Ok, I decided not to for scuff plates now. Going for Mats, Sunfilm(3M), Parking sensor and Underbody coating for now. SA said one layer of teflon coating will be done by default. Even I dont have much knowledge about audio systems but when I played the FM, clarity was good.

Today the registration is happening and accessories fitting will be done post lunch. Planning to take delivery only on 2nd May since Im on travel starting this Friday so no point in taking the car for a day and park it in my house till I return back.
How much does the 3M film costs for Honda Jazz ? Thanks.

Thats some pricing for the Jazz. Thank God they priced it correctly. Bound to catch some eyes.

And the facelift looks better than the old one.

big4.jpg

Honda India has stopped the production of the Jazz to free up the space for the upcoming sedan Amaza. The report comes from the reliable banner Autocar India.
Below is the excerpt from the ACI.

Honda has stopped production of the Jazz in India and dealers have stopped taking fresh orders for this model as stocks have run out. However, Honda has confirmed that it will deliver cars to those customers who have already booked the Jazz.
One of the reasons production of the Jazz has ended is to free up capacity for the upcoming Amaze saloon which Honda is betting big on.
However, unlike the Civic, which has been discontinued altogether, the Jazz will come back with a bang with the next-generation model that is still under development. The all-new Jazz will be locally produced and have much higher local content than before to keeps costs down. It will come with the same 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine that will first power the Amaze and there will be a 1.2 petrol version too. Honda is even considering a 1.5-litre hot-hatch version.

Re: Honda Jazz 2011 Launched, EDIT: Honda Halts Production, details on Pg38

One Japanese giant versus another Japanese giant. Honda is trying to make very comfortable zone for Amaze.

And for 2014 Jazz, there will be heavy localization which might result in reducing the price of it.

Re: Honda Jazz 2011 Launched, EDIT: Honda Halts Production, details on Pg38

View attachment 83446

Honda India has stopped the production of the Jazz to free up the space for the upcoming sedan Amaze. The report comes from the reliable banner Autocar India.
True, dealers aren't taking fresh bookings for Jazz as of now, but are delivering back-orders. This was stated by the sales rep @ Hallmark Honda, Nerul.

Lets hope, Honda brings back the Jazz with a diesel pot. I'm eagerly waiting for it [evil]. Eventually, it would become the best hatch in its class with the reputation of "H'. [clap]

Really sad to hear that Honda stopped the production of their versatile product.[frustration]
May a good diesel engine have done the trick. Revised pricing also didn't made any sparkle in the sales..
They will relaunch it in 2014 as per the ACI report. Hope for the best..

Top Bottom