Honda Jazz 2011 Launched (Update: Honda Halts Production. Details on Pg.38)

Re: New Honda Jazz 2011 Launched at Killer Price

Between the Jazz and Swift, I think majority of Petrol buyers will opt for the Jazz and Diesel buyers will choose Swift.

Drive Safe,
350Z
One more reason for it is Jazz does not come in Diesel so choice is not there for the users.

I dont believe Jazz will be able to eat into Swift Petrol's share. Still most Indians buy car after talking to their family and peers. Maruti carries a long history of brand name of building affordable and reliable cars. People in semi-urban/rural areas will find it tough to move on to Honda. Everyone thinks that Maruti can be services easily and parts are affordable. Also, when every one buys a Swift, the ones who dont have a car also want one [:)] Herd mentality is common.

But i20's, Polo's and Figo's beware Jazz might give a clean sweep.
Absolutely correct. [thumbsup]

After all it is a HONDA and we all know how good they are as a car maker. They survived for so long on petrol cars solely because of quality product and good service. Whereas, other car makers use every part or segment from Petrol to Diesel to CNG to LPG (Eg: Maruti).

Those who consider Zxi will definitely consider Jazz now.
Only advantage MSIL has is its wider network + ass
But i20's, Polo's beware Jazz might give a clean sweep
Absolutely

IMO AT Jazz will also pull some entry level city customers.But no AT yet.

IMO AT Jazz will also pull some entry level city customers.But no AT yet.
AT will be a good option indeed. We dont have many good options in AT currently and with rising salaries of middle classes with more and more wives driving the car, AT is sure to become important. Even people who stay abroad and when come to india prefer AT for their ease.

Thread Starter #64

350Z

Core Team

Honda official confirmed about the Jazz Automatic back in 2009 but nothing has been heard about it after that.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Checked out new Jazz yesterday. Interiors looks better, but changes are not that much. Seats , cover over pillar (from inside), door panels are beige now. Contrasting beige & black colour themes looked better than earlier version IMHO. USB port is standard. Rear seat recline pushes the seat by around 5-10mm and liberates some leg space. It is not a gimmic and actually feels good. Specially since rear seats are not among the most comfortable around (under thigh support limited).

In exterior, changes are more prominent at front. New bumper and grill is aimed to give muscular looks and succeeds to an extent. Chrome execution in select model could have been better though. There no other version around in the showroom so could not compare. But IMHO, X version grill is way better than Select version.

I looked closely to find out evidence of cost cutting but could not find any.

And I did book the one available at showroom (Select, Red). Since I did not have necessary money (6.20 L on road) with me (my loan is yet to be sanctioned) so delivery would be delayed.

Attachments

Thread Starter #67

350Z

Core Team

Congrats, Nuvo. With New Jazz out at incredible (and reasonable) pricing, it makes for a most value for money buy than ever. Definitely better pick over the Micra.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats Nuvo. So the wait helped at you to get the best deal [:)] Coming from Honda, this is a scorcher.

Congrats Nuvo.
Ask the dealer for free accessorizes like 3M, mats, mud flaps, body cover, polish costing etc

Re: New Maruti Swift Versus Rest of the Competition!

Jazz other than petty facelift gimmicks and huge price slash down there wasn't much of exciting things against previous ones.
90 ps of highly refined honda heart which is reliable i suppose is the plus point here.

most exciting things I felt was space inside the car. at a glance it would be hard to believe it is a hatchback .i Heard my wife whispering "ohh interiors feels as big as innova." she was joking after having coming out of cramped rear seat of swift ,sitting inside jazz was a huge relief . I thanked god for giving us Indians so many options and competing brands.
rear seats were big with enough of thigh support and comfortable sitting position supporting our head very well. rear seats were fordable to and fro which can accommodate a bicycle (which i saw in brochure)the boot area was quite spacious please see below pic. only grouse was the middle exhaust tunnel bump and low seating, but good legroom compensated for that.

front seat was also comfortable with good steering position and well placed handy controls but the the color of center console was alien.swift looked far better in that department. rest of the things like gear shifts pedals etc are in par with with both of the cars. yes one thing is clutch pedal in jazz was not as soft as how petrol car should be both swift diesel and jazz had similar tight feeling in clutch though swift felt better ( both of them were not as luxurious as my punto's soft clutch- i am spoiled here).
remaining bits and bites were all regular thingies available in all modern cars like mp3, USB etc here again no Bluetooth no Phone (no hands free phone conversation in Honda Jazz and swift)

Jazz all variants came with safety features like ebd abs etc. which was good option for price we pay.

The interior plastics were El cheapo. worse than ANhc.with wierd color combinations.You press them hard you can hear them squeaking,bit suspicious I pushed dashboard, center console door panels etc all making me disappointed , and those colors were like that of some cheap Chinese toy cars.
Accidentally while trying to shift gears i pushed the center console extension under the gear lever which came off showing me other side of upholstery works, i asked SA what quality is this for which she gave me some cheap and embarrassing remarks.

exterior had some chrome finish on front grill as well as at rear the body panels and doors felt very flimsy (my close friends left rear door got dented when somebody closed the door too hard, honda estimated Rs.6000 to repair it,he is still driving it as it is-sad) the door knobs looked from stone age see pics.
Interior door panels and window switches were not at all justified for Honda badge.we all know how it drives and it would be individual thing to understand so no comments about it.
15 inch wheels were impressive.

availability of safety features in all variant, spacious roomy feel inside a hatchback , Honda reliability flexibility considering interior space,
price 6.31 on the road for second variant in Kannur - i give 4/5 .
i asked my wife how she felt- she said "not so good as our punto"-3.5/5.

PS: my wife's view compared to punto (whom look wise liked Jazz more than punto from day one.): front seat not as comfortable as punto,no solid feel ,shutting doors made her feel scary whether it is well closed or not(she is spoiled by euro cars..hehe) her comment"this Jazz may not last long enough on our roads "(swift felt much better for her), interior colour not at all good.
Punto she gives 3.5/5 only: due to visibility issue and tight steering only -being 5.3 ft it is very difficult and scary for her to drive Punto.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Excellent review Jayadev, and many thanks for sharing those pictures. I agree with your points on the plastic quality of interiors. Although i havent seen the new model in flesh, but definitely, the old Jazz had interiors which were somewhat inferior than ANHC. However, i feel Jazz has finally turned out into a VFM car with safety equipment as standard accessory across all the variants.

Got delivery of Jazz Select (ralley red) yesterday @ 6.15 L on road with 5k corporate discount. Planning to start a ownership thread soon after completing the photo session.

Got delivery of Jazz Select (ralley red) yesterday @ 6.15 L on road with 5k corporate discount. Planning to start a ownership thread soon after completing the photo session.
whoa congratulations man.Do give us inside out pictures with your feedback on your new jazz.
My uncle booked jazz select as well and his on road price is 650000/- here.
Jaydev he booked that new titanium grey shade which looks too good in jazz, same as you shared your experience, hows that shade in real?

Thread Starter #75

350Z

Core Team

Fantastic. Heartiest congratulations, Nuvo. Awaiting for the ownership review along with pictures.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom