Honda Jazz 2011 Launched (Update: Honda Halts Production. Details on Pg.38)

Re: New Honda Jazz 2011 Launched at Killer Price

Well.. Honda is surely trying to woo the customers back into their yard and new Jazz price is really attractive. but with new Swift also launched and most other cars in the same segment, with Diesel option as well,

don't know how well Honda can succeed ! But i must say, commendable attempt by Honda. [clap]

Killer pricing by Honda is killing me. Booked a Micra 10days back with 5.7 on road pricing. Now Jazz Select will be around 6.25 on road. At this price it seems like an awesome deal. So more confusion.

Now spare a thought for the guys who booked Jazz just 20 days back. New Jazz with better feauture and refreshing look is cheaper by around 25k (for Select version). And for the old Jazz owner, this pricing will be heart break.

About the new car, new looks might appear little too aggressive to some people. But features like rear seat recline and USB for music system are welcome. Also the beige interior.

Jazz IMHO will make Liva top end redundant. Swift will however enjoy the cushion of a diesel engine. But i20, ummmmmm it will be interesting to see the response from Hyundai.

Hope increased localization has not affected immaculate Honda quality.

Now Jazz Select will be around 6.25 on road. At this price it seems like an awesome deal. So more confusion.
Just go for Jazz its the best hatch in Indian market today

I feel the Jazz will surely hit the sales of other petrol hatches, primarily the Hyundai i20, Swift, Polo. However, Honda shouldn't relax, they must pull up their socks and accelerate their Diesel engine development if it doesn't want the see the black era which it was experiencing for the past few months.

With reduced prices Honda will surely make a mark with Jazz, but I don't see it making a lot of dent in MSIL share, more hit will be Hyundai, VW and Fiat (already losing the battle). In terms of engine, Jazz has the best in-class for a 1.2 ltr petrol and the refinements are for anyone to see.
Although, I personally do not like the shape one bit and it looks like some big car moulded to be a hatch! If only the shape was more subtle like Polo, I would have been among the first one to stand in front of Honda showroom [glasses]

Wow finally some good pricing from Honda ,Jazz has gone the Fabia way! Though now i am quite sure there must be some cost-cutting done somewhere in terms of quality and small features , will be nice if somebody can point out the cost-cutting done anywhere if any.

Jazz doesn't have ACC but IMHO this is just merely show-off , i don't see any advantages with ACC , one can live without ACC.

There maybe less takers for Jazz X but Jazz select makes sense and worth considering. After all Jazz has got a great refined engine , Interiors looks roomy and rich , spacious enough , no rattling issues anywhere , Honda's reliability and A.S.S which gives low TCO.

I think the worst affected is going to be i20 now. Swift lovers will go for Swift no matter what and Polo/Fabia will also sell for poeple who like the German build quality , dynamics and engineering.

Why i say i20 is going to be the worst hit is , it has got three major flaws , steering rattle(though there are few who haven't faced it so far) , poor AC and poor handler. Jazz though not a great handler still handles better than i20 and has got a good ride quality.

And honestly i think there were not much negatives with Jazz other than high pricing which is also rectified now. Though i feel they could have priced the Jazz X a little lower because the difference in features is very very marginal.

Wow finally some good pricing from Honda ,Jazz has gone the Fabia way!
No Jazz does not have any feature cut like Fabia

Thread Starter #57

350Z

Core Team

now am thinking only one thing..were those people fools who booked old gen jazz??
After City's price cut, for the first time Honda Siel has left the audience in a huge surprise and for good! Expectations were that Honda will follow the previous trend and price the New Jazz same as before.

Well.. Honda is surely trying to woo the customers back into their yard and new Jazz price is really attractive. but with new Swift also launched and most other cars in the same segment, with Diesel option as well,
Between the Jazz and Swift, I think majority of Petrol buyers will opt for the Jazz and Diesel buyers will choose Swift.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I dont believe Jazz will be able to eat into Swift Petrol's share. Still most Indians buy car after talking to their family and peers. Maruti carries a long history of brand name of building affordable and reliable cars. People in semi-urban/rural areas will find it tough to move on to Honda. Everyone thinks that Maruti can be services easily and parts are affordable. Also, when every one buys a Swift, the ones who dont have a car also want one [:)] Herd mentality is common.

But i20's, Polo's and Figo's beware Jazz might give a clean sweep.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #59

350Z

Core Team

Even if Maruti succeeds here, it will be solely because of their trust and affordability factor. The real difference is actually in the pricing of Jazz’s spare parts.

Drive Safe,
350Z

People in semi-urban/rural areas will find it tough to move on to Honda. Everyone thinks that Maruti can be services easily and parts are affordable.
Initialy I was also under the same impression. But these days, atleast in Karnataka, we can see many people opting for Polos and Puntos in smaller towns. Polo is very popular

Top Bottom