One thing is for sure and Honda did learn from it.
If a car is priced at Premium over others, buyers will not prefer it due to high price. This is exactly what happened to Jazz when Honda overpriced it considerably. Hope Honda does not repeat mistake again when they launch new one in 2014
Here are some important specs i have traced out on new Jazz
1. It will retain its Mono-Volume shape
2. Focus will be on Interior Space(Like the current Jazz)
3. It will be loaded with features
4. It will have 3 engine options, 1.2P,1.5P(Hot Hatch) & 1.5D.
5. Honda is aiming i20 as the major threat. Will trounce i20 if priced well
Here are some of the Reasons why Jazz failed and i20 clicked even though former was better then latter
1. The i20 felt VFM compared to Jazz. (Only because it was cheaper then Jazz)
2. Hyundai has more service centers then Honda.(Both Brands ASS is good)
3. For me the biggest letdown was lack of Diesel Engine(New one will have oil-burner)
4. i20 scores only in terms of Looks,Equipment,Engine. Yet it sells (7000-8000 units/month).
I hope new Jazz will trounce its Rivals just like its siblings City,Civic,Accord,CRV did against their rivals.
What? Civic is surely going to be back soon but Jazz I am not sure.
The Jazz or Fit is a big global success and Honda has spent a lot of money in RnD of the Jazz and I dont think they would make a new one for India. We will have to wait for the New European Jazz.
Jazz failed because honda didn't want to sell it.Its only in india they are forced to sell it a lesser price then the Honda City.Jazz after the price cut and relaunch of facelifted model at a lower price has always had the demand but honda never wanted to sell it.Even some 2 months ago it still had a 3 month waiting period.
If you just look at petrol only numbers of other hatchbacks on the other forum you will notice that jazz sell just as any other petrol B+ hatchback .
Take for eg Figo the petrol version only sells around 150 vehicles a month where as the diesel sells around 4600+
Nissan micra petrol version sells around 143 vehicles
Toyota Liva petrol sells around 300 vehicles.
Maruti and Hyundai don't release the data on how many petrol and diesel vehicles are sold ,but i wouldn't be suprised its the same story in them ,they would obviously sell a bit more but considering the Jazz prices its sales was respectable considering its petrol.