Honda Forcing Me To Select Another Model / Color of City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
I booked Honda City VX MT Diesel Golden Brown on 20 Aug 2016 by paying 30,000 INR Booking Amount at AutoKam Honda Udaipur, Rajasthan.
and asked delivery on 1 Oct 2016.

on 26/sep/2016 I got a Call from Honda asking me to make full payment of car on 26/sep/2016.
they gave excuses like "we need to keep circle running, we need to order cars for other buyers also, so we need money"
I said, Ok I'll make full payment, but first give me VIN of Alloted car.
I want to check car before making payment.

after forcing him, He surrendered and said sir your car is not available, We tried to book your car but Golden Brown Color in VX MT is not available.
You can pick carnival red or urban titanium, or you can Go for City V MT Diesel for Golden brown.
I told him I won't select other color, I booked on 20 Aug which gives them enough time to manufacture a new Car on demand, if they failed its not my fault. I was looking for black color which is stopped by honda and nearest color to black is golden brown.

He asked me for wait for one day

How fraud they are, they don't have car for delivery but asking to make full payment.

What Next step should be taken?
I already sent a mail to CUSTOMER_RELATIONS@HONDACARINDIA.COM, but no response till 27/Sept/2016

Last edited:
My advice is to RELAX and WAIT for the model and color. These things do happen. I understand the importance of getting a car on a specific date; but it is not sacrosanct. My first Matiz was delivered at the time and date of my choice and was stolen 4 days later [lol]

I remember paying upfront few days before I took delivery of my Verna. Find out what is the gap between payment and delivery dates. If it is within a week, I think it is okay. Maybe they need your payment to pay off their employees, without touching their bank balance. In that case, you will get those Employees' wishes additionally

Just RELAX, get the car and enjoy your drive. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
I talked with honda guy at jodhpur
he said, production of City VX is stopped, company is focusing on facelift which they are going to release in january,
He advised me to wait for january rather than selecting another model/Color

now got two plans,
1. if they get this model, I'll go for it
2. get refund of booking amount, wait for january.
its their fault, so they will refund complete booking amount.

My first Matiz was delivered at the time and date of my choice and ... ... ... was stolen 4 days later [lol]

Just RELAX, get the car and enjoy your drive. Good luck.
ooopsss, heart attack moment. I hope you got your car back soon after it was stolen

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked with honda guy at jodhpur
he said, production of City VX is stopped, company is focusing on facelift which they are going to release in january,
He advised me to wait for january rather than selecting another model/Color

now got two plans,
1. if they get this model, I'll go for it
2. get refund of booking amount, wait for january.
its their fault, so they will refund complete booking amount.
With the new face lift model they may drastically increase the price with less new features added to existing models, so you need to see waiting for few more months and paying extra for those new features is worth the money and wait [;)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@blackpearlvkd, If possible check with other dealers in your locality. If the other dealer has that color in stock then transfer the booking to them. Face-lift would definitely be priced more than existing one and being a popular product the waiting period would be high so I don't think waiting for facelift as of now is a wise thing. Apart from that, if Honda CITY is not available consider cars like Verna, Vento/Rapid (VW's Aftersales is a bit notchy) or Linea. Keep it in mind, with the nearing of the festive season, you'll get good deals in all brands.

Regards

Akash

I second Akash's Suggestion, Better try with other dealers and sight the same reason as this dealer quoted, I don't think the new facelift will make much difference from current one.

Thread Starter #8
With the new face lift model they may drastically increase the price with less new features added to existing models, so you need to see waiting for few more months and paying extra for those new features is worth the money and wait [;)]
@blackpearlvkd, If possible check with other dealers in your locality. If the other dealer has that color in stock then transfer the booking to them. Face-lift would definitely be priced more than existing one and being a popular product the waiting period would be high so I don't think waiting for facelift as of now is a wise thing.
Akash

Yes Talked with other dealers also, they all said VX model is not available.
After that I tried to connect with Honda production plant in Alwar,
they said, production of VX is stopped, now they are working on facelift.
which will be launched in January. better wait for that.
the reason for releasing in january is they are focusing on Year 2017, they want it to be called 2017 model,
if they release it in 2016, it will be called 2016 model, and soon 2016 is going to over, and in 2017 every will say its previous year model
so to avoid that statement they have planned release in Jan 2017

price wise it will be around 50,000-60,000 hike (MAX).
only verbal talk, no written proof.

for further details they will call me, but haven't receiived call till now.

discussed with my family members, every one suggested me to wait for facelift,
as the facelift will decrease the value of current model,

we are not considering other brands, as every one in my family is locked on Honda City.

Thread Starter #9
Talked with dealer and other friends
New Car will get price hike of around 50-60 thousands.
Current Car On Road price is 14,60,000.00 INR
Free Insurance -33,302.00
Corp Discount -7,000.00
Misc Discount -10,000.00
Final On Road 14,09,698.00

For New Car discounts will not available
eg 14,60,000.00 + 50,000 = 15,10,000.00 On Road Price
0 Discount
RTO Will Increase
Insurance amount will Increase
Other Charges will also increase
Let say, it may go around 15,30,000.00

My current Price is 14,09,698.00
(15,30,000.00 - 14,09,698.00) = 120302 (Almost 1,20,000 difference for new facelift)
this is way too much.
So now Planning for VX(O) Silver Color

Thread Starter #10
Car Arrived at showroom on 30/Sep/2016 direct from manufacturing plant alwar,
Very Very fresh machine.VIN Confirms Sept Manufacture
Finally Locked Taffeta White Color VX MT Diesel
Delivery will be after 3 pm on 1/Oct/2016

I thank you all for your valuable comments and support.
Will Upload details soon in Ownership Thread

Yes Talked with other dealers also, they all said VX model is not available.
the reason for releasing in january is they are focusing on Year 2017, they want it to be called 2017 model,
if they release it in 2016, it will be called 2016 model, and soon 2016 is going to over, and in 2017 every will say its previous year model
so to avoid that statement they have planned release in Jan 2017
I doubt if this is true. In US the 2017 models are release as early as Jun 2016 for some make and models.

Anyhow congrats on the new buy. Wish you happy cruising!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom