Honda Civic Goes More Feature Laden!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Honda has recently enhanced the existing models of Civic which sports a few additional features. The “S” trim now comes with Turn Indicators on ORVMs and Cruise control which can be operated through buttons mounted on steering wheel where as the “V” trim now sports reverse parking sensors, EBD, ABS, Dual Airbags etc.

Price:
Honda Civic “S” (M/T) – Rs.12.2 Lakhs
Honda Civic “V” (M/T) – Rs.13.7 Lakhs
Honda Civic “V’ (A/T) – Rs.13.81 Lakhs
(Ex. Showroom, Delhi)

I smell some competition here after the falling sales, But question is who’s eating shares of Civic, The Cruze?

3907015864_fc3db3f14f_o.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

But some of the features mentioned were already there on civic. And i think civic faces a tough competition with corolla altis, as for cruze, it didnt perform well atleast in nagpur dont know abt other cities. Its hard t spot a cruze on nagpur roads.

In the month of May cruze was the largest seller amongst civic, altis and laura.
Prior to that it has been altis.
This feture updation is a joke as there is hardly anything exciting. Crusie Control is already present in the altis and IMHO its not a deal making/breaking feature for Indian driving conditions and i doubt if it can revive the sales of civic. Maybe for a month or two.

Arent these features already present in Civic? And also is there any price hike with this?

Even am wondering who is the leader in this segment , Cruze sales have definitely fallen after initial hype and new Laura is also not seen much on roads nowadays.

Yes they are present on the current civic.
I think Corolla Altis and Civic battle for the leadership in this segment because both these cars sell in pretty good numbers as compared to the other two.

Honda & their games.Sigh! I would never understand them!
What would these gimmicky tricks do?
They need to get their pricing right!
2 months straight, their sales have gone down.The new civic is quite far way. they need to do a pricing jiggling in order to push cars out f showrooms.They can't even plonk diesel engines.Cruze has the advantage of diesel engine + pricing while Altis has the advantage of the backseat.Sad to see a good product like Civic loosing out because of pricing!

Even am wondering who is the leader in this segment , Cruze sales have definitely fallen after initial hype and new Laura is also not seen much on roads nowadays.
Cruze was 2nd since the time it was launched and became the leader just last month.So sales have never gone down my friend:biggrin:

, as for cruze, it didnt perform well atleast in nagpur dont know abt other cities. Its hard t spot a cruze on nagpur roads.
Again the same thing,cruze has never lost its 2nd position, and now its on the top.
See the numbers for May 2010.
Cruze = 854
Altis = 655
Civic = 533
Laura = 484
Jetta = 347

Oh well i said it because i don see much of Cruze nowadays. Of the list i see only the Civic more but definitely only the old generation one!

So Cruze has eaten into Civic other Hatches into Jazz and sedans like Linea , Manza into City. I believe Honda is on a slide now , and they still don do anything to reduce the prices except for the fact they launched Jazz select with a reduced price tag and alloys.

@all- i have already mentioned it didnt do well here in nagpur and never commented on its selling nos across the country.
@cooldhaya- i think even honda has no idea of reviving the sales of jazz.

i am liking this!

honda had this HUGE ego that they are a premium brand here in india! they forgot that they are just a average jap car maker elsewhere in the world. i could not in any way find a reason as to why their cars were so highly priced. were we indians allowing them to loot us? of course yes.

but now, after the falling sales of the civic & jazz, the pie sized sales numbers of CRV, the only saving grace is the accord & the city. happy realization honda!

i am liking this!

honda had this HUGE ego that they are a premium brand here in india! they forgot that they are just a average jap car maker elsewhere in the world. i could not in any way find a reason as to why their cars were so highly priced. were we indians allowing them to loot us? of course yes.

but now, after the falling sales of the civic & jazz, the pie sized sales numbers of CRV, the only saving grace is the accord & the city. happy realization honda!
Ditto.Completely agree with you.Honda, needs to come down to mother earth & price the cars correctly!
And let me correct you, City is the only saving grace.
Accord is way behind the superb:biggrin:

Another failed attempt by Honda to revive sluggish sales of the Civic. After the arrival of the new Laura and the cut-price Jetta, Honda is now beginning to feel the heat. I don't really think the Cruze has much to do with the Civic's sales, as I have not seen many Cruze's on the road. In fact, I see tons of new Lauras everyday, and that car is what I believe is what has done maximum damage to the Civic's sales. In a way, it is very good as Honda will now wake up to the fact that they cannot charge a premium just for their badge. Their cars need to pack some serious heat too.

i am liking this!

Ditto.Completely agree with you.Honda, needs to come down to mother earth & price the cars correctly!
And let me correct you, City is the only saving grace.
Accord is way behind the superb:biggrin:

Great Minds think alike!!

Joining in your wagon.

I had never been a screaming fan of Honda, just for their over assertiveness on fellow people!!

Another failed attempt by Honda to revive sluggish sales of the Civic. After the arrival of the new Laura and the cut-price Jetta, Honda is now beginning to feel the heat. I don't really think the Cruze has much to do with the Civic's sales, as I have not seen many Cruze's on the road. In fact, I see tons of new Lauras everyday, and that car is what I believe is what has done maximum damage to the Civic's sales. In a way, it is very good as Honda will now wake up to the fact that they cannot charge a premium just for their badge. Their cars need to pack some serious heat too.
The numbers speak for themselves[:)]
Civic is 3rd.Cruze is 1st.
Cruze definately HAS dented Civic sales.
Laura has never been able to overtake Civic, except for the month of April.
I still feel that the Civic would maintain about 500 odd units a month.The Laura & Jetta cannot overtake.Lets see.

Top Bottom