Honda City VMT iDTEC (2014) Ownership Review: Brown Phantom

Thread Starter #46
50,000 Kms done!

Completed 50,000 Kms a week ago but no pic of the odo.Current odo reading as of today is 50,647 Kms and planning to give her for 50K Kms service this monday.Was about to give her for service on Thursday or Friday but thanks to work,couldn't give her for service.50K Kms costs me around Rs.5-6K and after service,will change her tyres to 195/60 Yoko Earth-1 and get her wheels painted to black.BTW,a school bus had hit my car when my mom and my driver was on traffic few days ago and car had suffered with minor dent on left quarter panel.And,my 2 months old Bosch Symphony horn behaving weirdly since last 2 weeks and its sounding like poop poop like present VW horn.Willing to change her horns again to Hella Chrome trumpets or OE dual horns,which is sounding better than 2014-16 Honda City horns and bit shrill than before or will get those horns refixed after service.

And,did 15000 Kms with her in 7.5 months.Expecting more running as my aunt is coming from US this 23rd and will be having lots of highway trips this month.

Thread Starter #47
51700 Kms on the odo

51,700 Kms on the odo and yet to give her for 50K Kms service,which is due tomorrow.Due to lack of time from my parents side,thanks to their work,even though we have Innova at home,they prefer City in city runs over Innova and that's the reason we couldn't give the car for service all these days.And,willing to change the tyres as soon as she comes out from A.S.S.

And,completed 16000 Kms with her in almost 8 months.She will be completing 8 months on 25th.

BTW,this is my 2222nd post[:D]

Thread Starter #48
50K Kms service done

Gave her 50K Kms service at 51760 Kms today and got her back an hour ago.Total bill I got is ₹6152 and got wiper blades replaced too.Now,going to change tyres and get sunfilm for City.

Thread Starter #49
Yokohama S-Drives it is✌

Finally got her tyres changed to Yokohama S-Drives 195/60R15 in the evening.Got those for ₹5300 per tyre which translates ₹21200 along with WA and WB,which costed me ₹800.

So,today’s expenditure on car is ₹28,152 including service.

Thread Starter #50
Updates!!

Odo reading as of today is around 52500 Kms.Did around 700 Kms after service and tyre upgrade in a week.My driver has been consistently cruising higher speeds after tyre upgrade.But,FE on MID has dropped a bit,which is not a worry for me.

BTW,she has completed 8 months of relationship with me and did a shade above 17000 Kms in 8 months.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #51
9 months review

Completed 9 months of relationship with her yesterday.On the occasion completing 9 months,I got her sun filmed,thanks to high temperature in my city along with side visors,perfume and Ganesha idol.

Odo is around 54300 Kms and car is daily driven by my mom and did close to 19000 Kms in 9 months.And,btw,two shunts had happened recently.When my dad was coming from our school,a moron,Tata Ace had hit my phantom and suffered small dent on driver side and when my mom was driving the car,a reckless autowalla bruised her.Now,need to get her fender dented and bumper painted along with left side quarter panel dent,which was hit by a bus a month and a half ago.And,insurance renewal is due next month i.e 20th May.

And,got the present Bosch horns fixed today when I went to get her sunfilm and the problem was loose connection,which the mechanic fixed it.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: 9 months review

On the occasion completing 9 months,I got her sun filmed,thanks to high temperature in my city along with side visors,perfume and Ganesha idol.
Using Sunfilm on windows of the car is prohibited as far as I know. Has the ruling changed or something? Is there a specified % which can be used?

Regards

Akash

^^ No ruling has changed the SC verdict holds good. But people are back using Sunfilms in cars. Seen a few in Bangalore also some are quite dark shade , cops are least bothered

Well Akash you won't believe my neighbours bought an i20 3 months back and they've put sunfilms which are completely black and are using without any hassle but the SC ruling remains unchanged.

Well Akash you won't believe my neighbours bought an i20 3 months back and they've put sunfilms which are completely black and are using without any hassle but the SC ruling remains unchanged.
One fine day cops will get up from sleep and start putting challans again. [evil]

Thread Starter #56
1 year and 24000 Kms!

After long time,updating this thread.Our City has run 58900 Kms till now and we did close to 24000 Kms in 1 year,which is averaging 2000 Kms per month.And,yes she would be completing 1 year with us on this 25th and nearing for its 60K Kms service in few days and thinking to change her lighting too to white-ish ones.

And,thinking to get her wheels painted to gloss black and remove some dents and scratches,thanks to our Hyderabad traffic.

Will post her pics as all pics are available in my iPhone SE and those pics were shot with my mom's iPhone X.

On a highway drive with upsized 205mm tires on stock alloys.

Speed mostly in the range of 70kmph.

Vento is also a fuel efficient car if driven sedately. The thing is, it's powerful engine and robust body makes the driver to push further and enjoy the real driving pleasure..

Thought to share this since you were comparing the Fe of both cars

Attachments

Thread Starter #58
1 year and 24000 Kms!!

Completed 1 year with Honda City on 25th July.She has run more than 59000 Kms on the odo and did 24000 Kms in 1 year,which averages 2000 Kms per month.Now,she will be going to service center in few days for 60K Kms service and ABS light issue.Apart from that,there are no issues on City.

Upgrades done till now:

1.Horns changed to Bosch Symphony 7 months ago and still running good.Now,thinking to swap those horns to my Aprilia SR150 and get City horns changed to Hella chromes soon
2.Sunfilm
3.Door side visors
4.Tyres changed to Yoko S-Drives 8000 Kms ago and still running strong

Niggles/Issues faced till now:

1.ABS light getting lit up sometimes after a small distance and it goes away itself after switching off the car.I need to show this to my ASC when I go for 60000 Kms service.What is the solution to rectify this ABS light issue?

2.In Jan 2018,AC was not cooling properly.The problem was when we gave our City to another driver(not our regular driver),he had scraped it to the speedbreaker and AC gas had been leaking.I felt that AC compressor had gone kaput,but thankfully,it didn't happen and saved Rs.20k on this.Instead,got the AC gas refilled and got the bulk head repaired,which had bent and due to this,AC was not cooling.

Apart from that,she is running good without any issues.

+ves:

1.Its a Honda
2.Rear seat space
3.Frugal Diesel engine and great FE-Getting around 21-23.5 Kmpl on highways
4.Reliabilty
5.Low maintenance-Got only Rs.8k at 40k Kms service without addition of new brake pads,which costed me Rs.3k and got around Rs.6k at 50k Kms along with wiper blades

-ves:
1.Skinny tyres-Already changed to Yokohama S-Drives 195/60R15 8000 Kms ago
2.Low GC-195/60R15 tyres had solved this issue
3.Honda's build quality compared to previous gen

Accidents/Incidents happened till now:

1.A bus driver had hit the driver side ORVM of brown phantom and to get new one,it costs me ₹6k and it was complete fault of bus driver.Luckily nothing happened to door and fender but lost the ORVM cover.This happened after 1 month of purchase and changed the whole mirror set,which costed me Rs.6k

2.After two days of that above incident,when my mom was waiting in the traffic,a lady in the Polo had hit the Phantom from backside and luckily nothing happened to tail light and bumper came out a bit without any dents and after one hour,we had pushed the inside with the help of my driver.Except light scratches and slight paint chipping on bottom of rear bumper light,nothing happened to the bumper.

3.After few days,When my mom was driving the car,an auto trolley came and hit the front bumper of Phantom and bumper got broken a bit.I don't know why the accidents are happening since past 20 days.These were repaired and replaced the bumper too.

4.When my driver parked the car near his house,An auto driver had hit the car when the car was on stationery and leaving a huge dent on front bumper and repaired that dent and got the bumper painted half.

5.In Jan 2018,when we gave our City to another driver(not our regular driver),he had scraped it to the speedbreaker and AC gas had been leaking.I felt that AC compressor had gone kaput,but thankfully,it didn't happen and saved Rs.20k on this.Instead,got the AC gas refilled and got the bulk head repaired,which had bent and due to this,AC was not cooling.

6.In Feb 2018,a school bus had hit my car when my mom and my driver was on traffic few days ago and car had suffered with minor dent on left quarter panel.

7.In April 2018,when my dad was coming from our school,a moron,Tata Ace had hit my phantom and suffered small dent on driver side fender.Yet to fix this at ASC itself.

8.After few days in the same month,when my mom was driving the car,a reckless autowalla bruised the car and left a scratch on bumper.

8 accidents/incidents had happened in 1 year of ownership and car is running strongly.

Now,need to give her for denting/painting of last 3 ones before my brother's marriage,which is in August.

Thats all folks!Will update about the car once again as I'm using Aprilia SR150 as my daily ride and City is being used by mom as her daily ride to office.

Thread Starter #59
60,000 Kms done!

Completed 60,000 Kms last week.Now,I don't remember the odo reading of the car as I don't see the odo readings much.Will update after seeing the odo readings.But,I remember that the odo 60250 Kms when I saw it on Thursday(16-08-2018).Now,need to give her for 60,000 Kms and not getting time to give her for service due to busy schedule and brother's marriage.

Exactly,after a year of purchase,we did 25000 Kms.Now,looking forward to rack up some miles as she is mostly used in city traffic and didn't do much highway runs since last few months as we have Innova for highway runs.But,on thursday,she did around 120 Kms,mostly on ORR.

Thread Starter #60
Updates!

Its been a long time since we did highway runs in Honda City as it is mostly used within city everyday as my mom's daily ride to office,who does nearly 25 Kms up and down everyday as we use Innova for highway runs with lot of people in it.And,BTW,she was decorated for my brother's marriage to take my brother along with his new partner.

Anyways,the odo is nearing to 61000 Kms and yet to give her for servicing due to lack of time and thanks to my brother's marriage,couldn't get her servicing done.

Top Bottom